+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay fixation for Senior Scientific Officer

Administrator gconnect has disabled reputation

Question Pay fixation for Senior Scientific Officer

Mr. Jitendra Gupta asked

I responded to the advertisement published in employment news dated 28th June-4th July 2008 for the post of Senior Scientific Officer. I had applied for the said post through proper channel from my parent department i.e. Textile Committee. After receipt of my experience certificate, 5 years Annual Confidential reports as well as vigilance report from my parent department, I had been invited to appear before the interview boards vide order No. Adm-I/ORW/Filling of SSO/08-09 dated 23.01.2009. Accordingly, as per the appointment order no. No.Adm-I/ORW/7(79)/PRR/2008-09 dated 18.03.2009, against selection under direct recruitment quota, undersigned joined KVIC, Mumbai as Senior Scientific Officer on 11.05.2009.

2. According to the said advertisement the post of Senior Scientific Officer, was indicated as direct recruitment post in the pay scale of `8000-275-13,500 (pre revised). In terms of the order mentioned at Para (1), undersigned joined against the said post in KVIC on 11th May 2009. But even after passage of one and half year, I didn’t receive any pay fixation letter as per sixth pay Commission. However, Administration was giving salary at the factor of `8000*1.86. = `14880 (Basic pay) +`5400 (Grade pay).

3. But, in the meantime, I received revised pay structure statement from Administration showing my basic pay `10,120 (Basic pay) + `5400 (Grade pay) based on my old salary structure of parent department (Textiles Committee).

4. As per the given advertisement, the post of Senior Scientific Officer is a direct recruitment post, in the pay scale of `8000-275-13,500 (pre revised). Hence, it is neither promotion nor selection post. Fixing of my salary in the pay scale of `10,120 (Basic Pay) +`5400 (Grade pay) is not in tune with Sixth CPC guidelines. It is very difficult to understand the ground on which rule salary is fixed in the pay of `10,120 (Basic pay).

5. I request guidance in this issue in terms of Sixth pay Commission implementation

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Your pay will be fixed as per Section II of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 which is applicable for Direct Recruits appiointed on or after 1.1.2006. According to this Section, your pay in the pay band will be fixed at Rs. 15,600 + GP 5400. You may submit a representation in this regard to the authorities concerned.

Victor

Junior Member jitendra kumar gupra is on a distinguished road

Exclamation pay fixation

Quote Originally Posted by gconnect View Post
    Mr. Jitendra Gupta asked

I responded to the advertisement published in employment news dated 28th June-4th July 2008 for the post of Senior Scientific Officer. I had applied for the said post through proper channel from my parent department i.e. Textile Committee. After receipt of my experience certificate, 5 years Annual Confidential reports as well as vigilance report from my parent department, I had been invited to appear before the interview boards vide order No. Adm-I/ORW/Filling of SSO/08-09 dated 23.01.2009. Accordingly, as per the appointment order no. No.Adm-I/ORW/7(79)/PRR/2008-09 dated 18.03.2009, against selection under direct recruitment quota, undersigned joined KVIC, Mumbai as Senior Scientific Officer on 11.05.2009.

2. According to the said advertisement the post of Senior Scientific Officer, was indicated as direct recruitment post in the pay scale of `8000-275-13,500 (pre revised). In terms of the order mentioned at Para (1), undersigned joined against the said post in KVIC on 11th May 2009. But even after passage of one and half year, I didn’t receive any pay fixation letter as per sixth pay Commission. However, Administration was giving salary at the factor of `8000*1.86. = `14880 (Basic pay) +`5400 (Grade pay).

3. But, in the meantime, I received revised pay structure statement from Administration showing my basic pay `10,120 (Basic pay) + `5400 (Grade pay) based on my old salary structure of parent department (Textiles Committee).

4. As per the given advertisement, the post of Senior Scientific Officer is a direct recruitment post, in the pay scale of `8000-275-13,500 (pre revised). Hence, it is neither promotion nor selection post. Fixing of my salary in the pay scale of `10,120 (Basic Pay) +`5400 (Grade pay) is not in tune with Sixth CPC guidelines. It is very difficult to understand the ground on which rule salary is fixed in the pay of `10,120 (Basic pay).

5. I request guidance in this issue in terms of Sixth pay Commission implementation

Sir,

Before joining the KVIC, I was permanent employee in my parent department (A Statutory Body working under Govt. of India created by an Act of Parliament, 1963), worked there from April 2002 to 8th May, 2009 in the pay scale of 4500-175-7000 (pre revised) and was governed by the old pension scheme under CCS pension Rules and my application was also forwarded through proper channel along with experience certificate, vigilance report, five years confidential report and I was relieved as lien (Technical Resignation) for enabling to join in New department.

I rendered the technical resignation from the service of my parent department. In view of the above, kindly give advice as per rule, as regard to my pay band, Grade pay and eligibility for old pension scheme included counting of my past service according sixth pay commission. In view of the above, I therefore, submitted the case for your perusal and kindly provide your guidance as per Sixth pay Commission rule.

Yours faithfully,

(Jitendra Kumar Gupta)

If KVIC is covered under CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 then you will continue to be covered under the old pension scheme. Your past service will be counted in the new organisation for the purpose of pension, etc.

Victor

Default pay fixation-reg.

Sir,

May I get the concerned Circular or Office Memo. regarding pay fixation and old pension scheme on above said subject? Is there any, Swamy publications issue on this or some references?

With Regards,
    Jitendra Kumar Gupta

Quote Originally Posted by jitendra kumar gupra View Post
    Sir,

May I get the concerned Circular or Office Memo. regarding pay fixation and old pension scheme on above said subject? Is there any, Swamy publications issue on this or some references?

With Regards,
    Jitendra Kumar Gupta
    Kindly refer to FAQ # 9 at http://pensionersportal.gov.in/FAQs-NPS-f.asp#a9

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Kindly refer to FAQ # 9 at http://pensionersportal.gov.in/FAQs-NPS-f.asp#a9

Victor
    Sir, This portal gives information regarding old pension scheme. Kindly, provide any circular or Office Memo. of pay fixation of 8000 (pre revised) according sixth pay Commission. Directorate of Administration is treating me as a prometee saying that, because, you are in old pension scheme, you will be not treated as direct recruitee. They are giving me one incriment on my parent department basic+5400 (grade pay).

With Regards

Jitendra kumar

Quote Originally Posted by jitendra kumar gupra View Post
    Sir, This portal gives information regarding old pension scheme. Kindly, provide any circular or Office Memo. of pay fixation of 8000 (pre revised) according sixth pay Commission. Directorate of Administration is treating me as a prometee saying that, because, you are in old pension scheme, you will be not treated as direct recruitee. They are giving me one incriment on my parent department basic+5400 (grade pay).

With Regards

Jitendra kumar
    Pension and Fixation of pay are two separate issues and should not be mixed. The mode of your appointment as SSO in KVIC is Direct Recruitment. How can one be "promoted" from one organisation to another. Promotion is always within the cadre. You have left your parent organisation to join another by giving technical resignation.

As regards, New Pension Scheme, only those persons who enter Govt. Service for the first time on or after 1.1.2004 are compulsorily covered under this Scheme. Existing Govt. Servants who were already in service prior to 1.1.2004 and join other govt. organisations on "technical resignation" basis continue to be covered under the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972.

Victor

R/Sir,

This is true, that Pension and Fixation of pay are two separate issues and should not be mixed. I have represnted my case to Administration and told that in every gov. organisation that is the rule of pay fixation for direct recruitee employee after sixth pay Commission. But they are not taking any initative sayin that we don't have such type of case and we don't have any reference, in this regard. Kindly, May you provide such type of same case in any gov. department or some reference?

With Regards,

Jitendra Kumar Gupta

+ Reply to Thread