+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepping up of Pay

Member susant270774 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Victor I have seen the Clarification of MOF & it is clearly stated that promotee after 1//1/2006 will fixed as per upgraded scale . It is to bementioned here that the case of G.M Kabui is excatly similar to my case . I promoted on 2/1/2006 as SE the scale of 6500-10500 which was upgraded as per recommendation of 6th PC. So I also opt the fixation from 2/1/2006 but my Rly has fixed me as per my old basic i.e 6500 not on 7450. I have already represntated my case to SrDPO but they are very much not going to hear our case as usuall with old trick that they have not any circular issued by RLy Board. And neither going to sent the case to higher level so that clarification sort from RB. So Now I have to get the RTI from the RB to get me justice. And hope that they shall not deny the fact as per MOF & DOPT order.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by susant270774 View Post
    Thanks Victor I have seen the Clarification of MOF & it is clearly stated that promotee after 1//1/2006 will fixed as per upgraded scale . It is to bementioned here that the case of G.M Kabui is excatly similar to my case . I promoted on 2/1/2006 as SE the scale of 6500-10500 which was upgraded as per recommendation of 6th PC. So I also opt the fixation from 2/1/2006 but my Rly has fixed me as per my old basic i.e 6500 not on 7450. I have already represntated my case to SrDPO but they are very much not going to hear our case as usuall with old trick that they have not any circular issued by RLy Board. And neither going to sent the case to higher level so that clarification sort from RB. So Now I have to get the RTI from the RB to get me justice. And hope that they shall not deny the fact as per MOF & DOPT order.
    This is a clear cut case of discrimination and violates the fundamental right of equality. It has been my consistent view that the manner of fixation of pay has to be uniform irrespective of cadre, post, grade or service. We don't have two separate FR&SR (one for the elite CSS/CSSS and the other for remaining 2nd class citizens). If you fail to get your grievances resolved, then you may think of approaching the courts for justice.

Victor

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

As per statement above "As per the clarification issued by the MOF, the pay as on 1.1.2006 has to be fixed with reference to the lower pre-revised scale (6500-10500 in this case). However, if the govt. servant has been promoted between 1.1.2006 and 31.8.2008 and the person opts for switchover to 6CPC w.e.f. date of promotion, then MOF has clarified that the pay in such cases would be fixed with reference to the higher pre-revised scale (7450-11500 in this case)." I have not seen the MOF memorandum, If you have the clarification then kindly post it . So that we can also take benefit of the fixation. I have talked to my finance people they are aggree to give new fixation and they is no time limit of the fixation as this was not been implemented in Rlys. So if the prior fixation has been done wrong that can be corrent any time.
    I have also talk to the office of the GM Kabui and there SO stated that the G M Kabui pay fixation was done as per upgradation of post in scale of 6500-10500 to 7450-11500 separatly by DOPT vide OM 7/7/08-CS!(A) dt22/12/2010and it is not applicable to any other ministry . Where as the the order given by DOPT reffereing pay commission statement of upgradation of post to prerivisaed scale 7450-11500. How they are saying that this not applicable to other department . Which is very much not justified that onetype of revised pay rule 2008 will applied one person and other type of rule will be applicable other how it si possible. This can be easily challengable to the court of law.
    Senior member Victor please kindly provide me the clarificaion fo MOF as mentioned by you above so that I can challenge my department to get justice for all people like me.
    Sir,
    Some friends of me working in railways(CR,BB DIVISION) opted 6cpc from their promotion date (from 6500/-to7450/-scale) and got fixation benifit.Last date of option was 31/12/2010 and ministry of railways issued circular in this effect.

Jaleelethiyil
    Kindly get me the order were Railway effect the same & according to which RB order the fixation of 6500-10500 can be fixaed to upgraded scale 7450-11500.

Junior Member godson is on a distinguished road

hai iam a new member to theforum
    i would like to putforth a simliar problem . i was promted as AAO in IAAD deptt w.e 10.08.2006 and opted for 6th cpc w.ef. the date of promtion without arrears upto the date of promtion. our scale was 6500-10500 which was merged with 7450-11500 and upgraded to 7500-12000 by 6th cpc. i have represented my case to my deptt by quoting DOPt om dated 22.12.2010 but it was denied stating that no such clarifcation received our Hq office(CAG office). pl guide me whether my representaion stand good or not.

Your case is geniune and should be dealt with similar to the case of Assistants/PAs of CSS/CSSS. But the problem is that the clarification issued by MOF applies to CSS/CSSS only. As you are in IAAD, your department can play a role in bringing uniformity across the board in such pay fixation cases.

Victor

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Jaleelethiyil
    Kindly get me the order were Railway effect the same & according to which RB order the fixation of 6500-10500 can be fixaed to upgraded scale 7450-11500.
    Sir,
    The said letter no. is RBE NO.102/2010 dated 22.07.2010.Letter is available in
    "http://www.irtsa.net/pdf docs/Revision_of_option_exercised.pdf" .My friend was Section Engineer(6500/-scale) and promoted to SSE (7450/-scale) on april 2006.But his normal increament was on september.so he switchovered to 6cpc from sept 2006 and he got both increament as per 5cpc norms.

The RB letter quoted is not the for upgradation it is only option of fixation but the case I raised is different you have not understood the case is that the promotee from JE-I to SE between 1/01/2006 to 31/08/2008 shall be treated to upgraded scale i.e. 7450-11500 mninimum of Scale i.e 7450 it has to fixed6500 equivalent to 7450 X1.86 =13860. The case of DOPT & MOF has doen the fixation like that only so that shall be applicable to all other ministry/department. this will clear your doubt.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

The RB letter quoted is not the for upgradation it is only option of fixation but the case I raised is different you have not understood the case is that the promotee from JE-I to SE between 1/01/2006 to 31/08/2008 shall be treated to upgraded scale i.e. 7450-11500 mninimum of Scale i.e 7450 it has to fixed6500 equivalent to 7450 X1.86 =13860. The case of DOPT & MOF has doen the fixation like that only so that shall be applicable to all other ministry/department. this will clear your doubt.
    By virtue of opting for fixation of pay in the revised structure on promotion w.e.f. 2.1.2006, Shri Susantji's case is genuine as indicated by Shri Victorji. As on 1.1.2006, Shri Susantji was having pre-revised scale and he got switched over to revised structure only on 2.1.2006 consequent on promotion which took place on 2.1.2006. In Shri Kabui's case also same must have happened. Mr. Kabui's case and Mr. Susantji's case are one and same. So, whatever benefit extended to Mr. Kabui shall also be extended to Shri Susantji, ie. 7450 x 1.86 = 13860.

Thus, in the case of any promotee during the period from 1.1.2006 onwards, as long as he retain his pre-revised scale till the date of promotion, his cases also will have the same treatment. It may be noted that here, the CCS(RP) Rule 13(i) is involved in a different way by ensuring minimum of the pay in the higher pay band of the promoted post.

On the contrary, in the case of employees who got their pay fixed in the revised structure on 1.1.2006 and subsequently get promotion, their pay is getting fixed under Rule 13 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008. Here, the same Rule 13(i) which talks of stepping up of pay to minimum of the higher pay band to which promotion took place. But as we have been reiterating, every pre-revised scale bottom stage has its corresponding minimum pay in the pay band, in which case any stepping up under Rule 13(i) ought to have be done to such minimum of the pay in the pay band corresponding to bottom stage of the promoted post's pre-revised scale.. It appears that the words `pay in' has been missing in the Rule 13(i) and hence this confusion.

This issue in respect of those who got revised structure on 1.1.2006 and subsequently promoted, needs to be taken up on different footing without relating to Mr. Kabui's case, where he retained the pre-revised scale till promotion like Mr. Susantji.

As long as there exists a Minimum Pay in the running pay band corresponding to bottom stage of the pre-revised scale, pay fixation on promotion even after switching over to revised structure on 1.1.2006, under Rule 13(i) shall ensure such Minimum when the pay in the pay band fixed on promotion happens to be lesser than that.
    Last edited by sundarar; 16-02-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Junior Member godson is on a distinguished road

every one agrees to the fact that DOPT orders shall be applicable to all central govt emplyees in the same manner. There may be differences in post ,cadre or deptt, but the application of RP rules regarding fixaton shall be the same for all. The only hope left for us is DOPT , that they may issue a generalised OM to reslove this issue.

Junior Member dinesh gaur is on a distinguished road

hello every body,

i am new here i want to know that :
    i joined as steno grade D in may 1994 in 4000-6000 in ministry of railways

in 2006 may 2006 i got ACP to 5500-9000

in 2007 i got promotion to PA .
    can i opt for payfixation as on may 2006 in 7450 i.e. 18460.

my department has denied this fixation. according to which order can i do so.

are there any examples in CSSS who got fixation of pay as per VI CPC from the date of acp, kindly provide me the details.

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh gaur View Post
    hello every body,

i am new here i want to know that :
    i joined as steno grade D in may 1994 in 4000-6000 in ministry of railways

in 2006 may 2006 i got ACP to 5500-9000

in 2007 i got promotion to PA .
    can i opt for payfixation as on may 2006 in 7450 i.e. 18460.

my department has denied this fixation. according to which order can i do so.

are there any examples in CSSS who got fixation of pay as per VI CPC from the date of acp, kindly provide me the details.
    In CSSS, Stenographers Gr. D who have got ACP during 1.1.2006 to 31.8.2008 have been given benefit of fixation as per the 7450 fitment table. Their pay in the pay band has been fixed at Rs. 13,860 + GP 4600 w.e.f. date of financial upgradation under ACP.

I've got pay fixation orders issued by the Department of Expenditure and the Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance) in r/o their Stenos. Kindly give your email ID for forwarding the orders.

Victor

Junior Member dinesh gaur is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In CSSS, Stenographers Gr. D who have got ACP during 1.1.2006 to 31.8.2008 have been given benefit of fixation as per the 7450 fitment table. Their pay in the pay band has been fixed at Rs. 13,860 + GP 4600 w.e.f. date of financial upgradation under ACP.

I've got pay fixation orders issued by the Department of Expenditure and the Department of Economic Affairs (Ministry of Finance) in r/o their Stenos. Kindly give your email ID for forwarding the orders.

Victor
    Dear Sir, thanks, my e mail id is [email protected], [email protected] i would be grateful, if you could forward an order of pay fixation of Deptt. of Expenditure and Deptt. of Economic Affairs in reference to fixation as per their acp during the period 1.1.2006 to 31.8.2008.

regards,

dinesh

Dear senior Member Victor.
    I have already filled a RTI application to MOF & DOPT and MOF replied that the copy of fixation of GM kabui is not availble with them may be obtained from Urban deverlopment Ministry & my ninformnation rgaerding rule followed for Gm akbui is not aswered taking RTI act section 2(F) as the information sought by me is query & clarification and can not be made availalble . AS they are not also give the answer for it sapplicability for other minitry/department . I ahve already apeal to appleate authority but I known the answer that they will not give the information I have to go to commission to the information . They are even not wanted to provide the copy of the RTI replly to others where the same clarification si sought . SO victor you have further any circular or letter received in refrence to this shall be mailed to my email address. [email protected]

Junior Member SubhashNair is on a distinguished road

Good going susantji, though u have not detailed the questions asked under RTI Act from MOF & DoPT, in any case you should not have been refused for the information outright, rather they should have transfered it to MoUD under Section 6(3) of RTI Act. However you also exercise the option under the RTI Act for inspection of relevant files and take notes or request for copies of relevant portion of the notings or correspondence of the file in which the subject matter of pay fixation of Sh. G.M. Kabui was dealt in DoP&T or/and in MoF.

Quote Originally Posted by SubhashNair View Post
    Good going susantji, though u have not detailed the questions asked under RTI Act from MOF & DoPT, in any case you should not have been refused for the information outright, rather they should have transfered it to MoUD under Section 6(3) of RTI Act. However you also exercise the option under the RTI Act for inspection of relevant files and take notes or request for copies of relevant portion of the notings or correspondence of the file in which the subject matter of pay fixation of Sh. G.M. Kabui was dealt in DoP&T or/and in MoF.
    Dear Subhash ji
    I have asked for information to MOF. DOPT & MOUD, but only reply form MOF is recived by transferring to one point to DOPT & 2point to MOUD and all other point a related to applicability of the similar fixation to upgraded scale in other minstry has be been dineid by quoting that it si not fall under indformation category & i have asked to deduce conclusion. I am very aware of the tactise applied by MOF not to give information by taking shelter of the sec 2f.
    the information asked by me to the various department is given below.

To,
    The CPIO
    Department of Expenditure
    Ministry of Finance
    R&I Br., i.e. Room No.28, North Block
    New Delhi 110001

R/ Sir,

Sub :- Applications for seeking information as per RTI Act, 2005.

<<<<<>>>>>

You requested to kindly provide the following information which are asked below point wise on the Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 issued on dated 29 August by Ministry of Finance ( Department of Expenditure ).

1. Kindly provide us the copy of the MOF Department of Expenditure IC U.O No:10/1/2010 dated 27.01.2010 and its reference letter on which it is issued and MOF (Exp) U.C No.22/01/2010-IC dated 23.03.2010 its reference letter on which it is issued .
    2. Kindly provide us the copy of references in which details of the Fixation of Pay Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of urban Development) on which the Order issued by the MOF (Exp) vide OU no.A-26018/1/2008-Ad.II dt.7/01/2011 for stepping up pay of the other senior Assistant. The copy of reference DOPT OM No.7/7/2008-CS.I(A) dt.22/12/2010. The details required such as G.M Kabui existing pay in which he working before 1/1/2006 & it scale before 1.1.2006 , promoted to which scale , or up gradation to scale if any on or after the 1/1/2006.
    3. The fixation of pay done for Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of urban Development) , the Fitment chart & the specific para of Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 ) made applicable for fixation shall be mentioned .
    4. Kindly mentioned that the similar fixation can be done to all upgraded scale as per gazette notification and it can be made applicable to all other ministry & department where the scale are upgraded as per recommendation of 6th PC.
    5. In railways the Technical supervisor 6500-10500 has been upgraded to 7450-11500 & they are allotted grade pay of 4600 as per Gazette notification issued by MOF & Ministry of Railways as per recommendation of the 6th PC. Kindly provide the fixation of pay of the scale 6500-10500 & existing basic is Rs.6500/- as on dt.2/1/2006 on implementation of the 6th PC and kindly mention the fitment chart to be made applicable for the upgraded scale . Kindly provide the similar illustration for fixation of pay Rs. 6500/- as per MOF (Exp) OU no.A-26018/1/2008-Ad.II dt.7/01/2011 till Dec 2010.

To,
    The CPIO
    Department of Expenditure
    Ministry of Finance
    R&I Br., i.e. Room No.28, North Block
    New Delhi 110001

R/ Sir,

<<<<<>>>>>

You requested to kindly provide the following information in reference to the clarification issued to DOPT and mentioned in DOPT U.O.no.7/7/08-CS.I (A) dt.22/12/2010 vide MOF (DOE) U O No.10/1/2009-IC dt.14/12/2009.

1. The MOF (DOE) Implementation Cell clarification vide 2(c) the item clarified that the fixation of the pay of the official promoted as Assistant/PA’ s between 01/01/2006 to 31/08/2008 . Kindly provide the relevant information from the Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 ) is made applicable in the said clarification.
    2. Applicability of the fixation option as per clarification vide 2(c) 3rd para for only Assistant/PA’s and for all ministries/department where promotion take places after 01/01/2006 to 31/08/2008 . And the option of fixation from the promotion date can be opted & the fitment chart of upgraded scale will be made applicable.
    3. The clarification issued by MOF( DOE) vide U.O No. 1/1/2008. IC dt.13/10/2008 & the clarification issued vide U.O no. 10/1/2009-IC dt.14/12/2009 item 2( C) . As both the order are given regarding fixation of upgraded scale & are contradictory to each other . So Kindly provide us the information that the clarification issued subsequently on dt. 14/12/2009 will be applicable to all ministries/department or it is not applicable to other ministries..
    4. The clarification issued by MOF (DOE) vide U.O No. 1/1/2008. IC dt.13/10/2008 is not made applicable for the Assistant /PA’s of CSS staff. The copy of reference document shall be provided on which the different fixation option has been given to Assistant/PA’s.
    5. The Clarification issued by the MOF Implementation cell U.O no. 10/1/2009-IC dt.14/12/2009 item 2( C) . If it is as per CSS Pay Rule 2008 then the information required for non applicability to other ministries/department
    6. Whether the clarification issued in reference to option of fixation as per 2(c) is applicable for similar fixation to all upgraded scale as per gazette notification and it can be made applicable to all other ministry & department where the scale are upgraded as per recommendation of 6th PC .

And

To,
    The CPIO ( Sri.A. Balaram)
    Deputy Secretary (Estt-A)
    Department of Personnel & Training
    Under Ministry of Personnel ,Public Grievance & pension
    North Block
    New Delhi- 110001

R/ Sir,

You requested to kindly provide the following information which are asked below point wise on the Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008).

1. Kindly provide us the copy of references in which details of the Fixation of Pay Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of urban Development) on which the Order issued by the Department of Personnel & Training O.M No:26016/1/2010-Ad.IV dated 22..2010 for stepping up pay of the other senior Assistant. The copy of reference DOPT OM No.7/7/2008-CS.I(A) dt.22/12/2010. The details required such as G.M Kabui existing pay in which he working before 1/1/2006 & it scale before 1.1.2006 , promoted to which scale , or up gradation to scale if any on or after the 1/1/2006.
    2. The fixation of pay done for Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of urban Development) , the Fitment chart & the specific para of Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 ) made applicable for fixation shall be mentioned .
    Kindly mentioned that the similar fixation can be done to all upgraded scale as per gazette notification and it can be made applicable to all other ministry & department where the scale are upgraded as per recommendation of 6th PC

And

To,
    The CPIO
    K.G. Mohanta,
    Under Secretary (Admn),
    Ministry of Urban Development,
    Nirman Bhawan,
    New.Delhi
    Tel. 23061426

R/ Sir,

<<<<<>>>>>

You requested to kindly provide the following information which are asked below point wise on the pay fixation of Sri. G.M.Kabui as per rule Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 issued on dated 29 August by Ministry of Finance ( Department of Expenditure ).

1. Kindly provide me the copy of references in which details of the Fixation of Pay Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of Urban Development office of NEZ at Shilong ) on which the Order issued by the MOF (Exp) vide OU no.A-26018/1/2008-Ad.II dt.7/01/2011 for stepping up pay of the other senior Assistant. The details of pay required such as G.M Kabui existing basic & scale in which he is working before & after 01/01/2006 . In what scale he promoted or up gradation to scale if any on or after the 1/1/2006 & Any option exercise by him
    2. The fixation of pay done for Shri G.M.Kabui ( Assistant working in the cadre of Ministry of urban Development) , the Fitment chart & the specific para of Central Civil Service ( Revised Pay rules 2008 ) made applicable for fixation shall be mentioned specifically & copy of reference shall be provided .
    3. Any clarification sought regarding the fixation of pay in 6th PC for Sri G.M.Kabui from DOPT or MOF . If yes then copy of the clarification issued shall be provided.
    4. If the fixation of Shri G.M.Kabui has got the approval of MOF or DOPT , then relevant document shall be provided.

Kindly go through point & kindly mentioned whether information asked by me is fall in the category information or not.

Please indicate the specific reply given to you by the CPIO concerned in each case.

Victor

Please indicate the specific reply given to you by the CPIO concerned in each case.

Victor
    The 1st letter to MOF was only aswered to me till date .
    Point no. 1st It was stated by the MOF that the there is no procedure for maintianing the record refferred by the other ministry /department in perssonnel wing of DOE . Hence the information cannot be provided. Since I have asked the information related to the letter issued by MOF regarding applicablity of the cl;arification issued by MOF to asssiatant in other ministries as per RTI application. The reply given by the MOF is very wrong that they are not mintening any records.
    The 2 & 3rd pont refrred to the minstry of DOPT & MoUD to provide information.. But DOPt also transferred the information to MoUD to provide the infoirmation. I am very amazed that they have issued the stepping up order without having any relvent document of fixation of GM Kabui.
    The 4 & 5th point is not answrered by stating that the informaion sought is clarification & qury and asked to deduce conclusion as per RTI act 2(f) . But I am very amazed to hear this also as MOF is implementing 6th PC and they have no information about the clarification applicability in other central Govt depatrtment . They have no shame to admit that they has no information regarding applicablity of calrification issuerd by them in other ministries .
    Again the information was denied by MOF same as per above point no. 4 but again it is improper to code the said above section of RTI Act . As I am asked the information related to fixation of the upgraded pay scale due to recommendation of the 6th PC and the fixation done to Assistant Sri. G.M.Kabui & its applicability in the Railways Ministries . And to provide the information available in the form of opinion / advice as MOF (DOE) is the nodal agency for implementation of 6th PC & all the information is held with MOF in reference to its implementation . So I ahve requested to provide the information as per RTI Act 4 (1) b (iii) to (vii).

And all other letter reply not recived till date

Victor
    The reply to my RTI of last letter to UOD recived & the reply is as follows.
    1)_ Regarding information sought in point 1 & 2 as far as the </O UD is concerned. the pay fixation of Shri G.M.Kabui assitant presently posted in the CPWD office of siliguri is duly enclosed. Information pertaining to D/o Expenditure & DOPT may be obtained from them directly.
    2) Regarding point no. 3 no clarification has been sought from DOPT & MOF with rgegard to fixation of pay for Gm Kabui.
    3) As regard point no.4 no approval was required from neither MOF nor DOPT with regard to fixation of pay of Shri G.M.Kabui Assistant.
    The fixation copy can be sent directly to any of the member who is eagar to use for their benefit kindly provide me the email adress.
    The scale of the G.M.Kabui is 4000-6000 & basic as on 1/1/2006 is 4900/- promoted to assistant on 2/01/2006 and fiaxed at pay band 9300-34800 with grade pay 4600 i.e.13860 + 4600=18460/- .
    The order stated that In suppression of this office order of even number dated 23 nov 2009, on grant of pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4600/- in the pay band PB-2 vide ministry of Finance ( DOE) OM 1/1/2008-IC dt.16/11/2009 and onthe basis of sunsequent clarifications issued by them vide their UO No. 10/1/2009-IC dt.14/12/2009 for fixation of pay in the pay structure of Rs.4600/- corresponding to their presevised pay scale of Rs.7450-225-11500, as communicated bynthe department pof personnel & Training vide teir OM .7/7/2008-CSI(A) dt.21/12/20096 and dt.05/02/2010 respectively, the apy of the under mentioned Assistant working in this offioce as per option exercised by them as per provision of rule 5 of S.Service pay rule 2008 with effect from their promotion in assistant grade as details above

Victor
    Dear Senior member Victor I have given you the reply given by MOF & UOD but you have not given your valuable suggestation on the repply . Now My apeal to MOF has been turn down and not want to reply on the key issue of applicablity of the clarification other minsitry. You are requested to kindly give your view on the issue so that I can approach to CIC .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast