+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we visit a place not intimated in LTC application?

Administrator gconnect has disabled reputation

Question Can we visit a place not intimated in LTC application?

Mr.Jumbulingam asked

I have intimated to my office before proceeding to LTC as place of visit as GANGTOK. But during my LTC, I have extended my place of visit from GANGTOK to NATHU LA and and this one was not intimated to office in time i.c before the commencement of outward journey and have spend Rs2500/- for the extended travel. Please suggest me whether I will get the reimbursement .

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Though as per rule you should have intimated the intended place of visit to your cadre controlling authority before start of journey as such it is not admissible. However, you may take your cadre controlling authority into confidence if he can sanction it in relaxation of rules and at his discretion

Member Raj Kishore Sharma is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Though as per rule you should have intimated the intended place of visit to your cadre controlling authority before start of journey as such it is not admissible. However, you may take your cadre controlling authority into confidence if he can sanction it in relaxation of rules and at his discretion
    The change of destination which has already been intimated and journey having proceeded, can not be allowed in the instant case. Such changes after commencement of journey in the declared destination is permissible only in the case of disruption of rail/air traffic or serious ailments/emergency beyond control of the employee.

Raj Kishore Sharma

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Default change of intended place of visit after commencement of outward journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Kishore Sharma View Post
    The change of destination which has already been intimated and journey having proceeded, can not be allowed in the instant case. Such changes after commencement of journey in the declared destination is permissible only in the case of disruption of rail/air traffic or serious ailments/emergency beyond control of the employee.

Raj Kishore Sharma
    just to qualify the matter stated above:

In cases of circumstances beyond the control of the employee, causing intended place NOT visited, reimbursement of fares of entitled class and by the shortest route will be allowed to an EN-ROUTE destination, i.e., to a place where the trip was forced to be called off. Voluntary change of destination or proceeding beyond the declared place of visit, however, will not be permitted EVEN due to circumstances beyond the control of the employee.

For example:

If one proceeds to Gangtok via Bagdogra (airport) and after landing at Bagdogra, it is learnt that the road from Bagdogra to Gangtok has just been blocked due to, say, landslide. Now, one may not go on visiting Guwahati (for example) from Bagdogra. In the instant case, fares to and fro Bagdogra will be reimbursed, even though declared place of visit was Gangtok. This may be noted that one may go on to visit Guwahati from Bagdogra, but the reimbursement will be made only to and fro Bagdogra.

Hope this settles the matter.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 03-01-2011 at 12:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread