+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any reply to my problem

Junior Member inder bhatia is on a distinguished road

Default Any reply to my problem

While applying for EL for availing LTC no separate request for leave encashment was made as the conditions for fulfilling encashment criteria did not stipulate any such condition. Why anybody eligible for financial benefit would decline it!
    Now after having availed LTC, before finalisation of the LTC bill and within 30 days of availing this leave, I made an application for allowing encashment.
    One of the rules gives discretion to sanctioning authority to change the type of leave on employee’s request. Can it be interpreted to cover ordinary leave sanctioned into leave with encashment facility. This being a comparatively new type of leave is not expressly included in the type of leave covered under rule; or any other rule can come to my rescue to save me from this unexpected loss due to lack of clarify in the rules/knowledge.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by inder bhatia View Post
    While applying for EL for availing LTC no separate request for leave encashment was made as the conditions for fulfilling encashment criteria did not stipulate any such condition. Why anybody eligible for financial benefit would decline it!
    Now after having availed LTC, before finalisation of the LTC bill and within 30 days of availing this leave, I made an application for allowing encashment.
    One of the rules gives discretion to sanctioning authority to change the type of leave on employee’s request. Can it be interpreted to cover ordinary leave sanctioned into leave with encashment facility. This being a comparatively new type of leave is not expressly included in the type of leave covered under rule; or any other rule can come to my rescue to save me from this unexpected loss due to lack of clarify in the rules/knowledge.
    One has to give a request in writing for encashment of Earned Leave (max 10 days) before the commencement of the LTC.

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

One has to apply for leave encashment specifically in the prescribed proforma available on the web site Gconnect

Junior Member inder bhatia is on a distinguished road

Since the rules/instructions are not that clear making it mandatory to apply before hand for encashment, (as in case of LTC that leave should be sanctioned for the purpose before hand), is there any provision for ex post facto sort of approval, giving discretionary power to the competent authority to allow encashment.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea behind encashment of leave at the time LTC to give relief a GS to meet expenses while enjoying holidays with his family. Therefore leave encashment should be applied while applying for LTC

+ Reply to Thread