+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 rd MACP Eligible ?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelethiyil View Post
    Sir,
    Please clarify the latest order regarding macp by DOPT ,OM.NO.5034/3/2008-(D)(VOL.II) dated 11/11/2010.Weather those employees transfered unilaterally on request to lower cadre to another zone/unit will get benifit or not.
    Dear Friend,

Para 24 of MACPS of May 19, 2009 shall stand amended as under:
    “In case of an employee after getting promotion/ACP seeks unilateral transfer on a lower post or lower scale, regular service rendered in previous organization/office shall be counted alongwith the regular service in the new organization/office for the purposes of granting financial upgradations under MACPS. However, financial upgradation under the MACPS shall be allowed in the immediate next higher grade pay in the hierarchy of revised pay bands as given in CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.”

For instance if an employee with 15 years of service (in the entry grade) already earned a promotion/ACP and drawing a grade pay of 4200 is transferred (unilateral) to a new organization in a post carrying a grade pay of 2400, he will be eligible for one upgradation under MACPS immediately to the grade pay of 2800 and the second upgradation will be due after completion of 20 years in the entry grade in previous and new organization.

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are probably referring to OM No. 35034/3/2008-Estt(D) dated 01/11/2010 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...8-Estt-D-3.pdf).

As per this clarification, the service in the previous organisation will be taken into account in the new organisation for the purpose of MACP.

However, the clarification lacks clarity as to how cases of unilateral transfer to a lower scale will be dealt with. Perhaps an illustration, if included in the OM, would have cleared the picture.

In my opinion what DOPT is trying to say that if a person after promotion/ACP in the previous organisation is transferred on his request to another organisation on a lower scale, then the 2nd and 3rd upgradations under MACP in the new organisation will take into account the service rendered in the previous organisation.

Victor
    Sir,
    Conclusion from your reply is,the clause of "20 years service in new organisation" is withdrawn.As you indicated further clarification from DOPT is necessary.
    Thank you for prompt reply

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

Para 24 of MACPS of May 19, 2009 shall stand amended as under:
    “In case of an employee after getting promotion/ACP seeks unilateral transfer on a lower post or lower scale, regular service rendered in previous organization/office shall be counted alongwith the regular service in the new organization/office for the purposes of granting financial upgradations under MACPS. However, financial upgradation under the MACPS shall be allowed in the immediate next higher grade pay in the hierarchy of revised pay bands as given in CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.”

For instance if an employee with 15 years of service (in the entry grade) already earned a promotion/ACP and drawing a grade pay of 4200 is transferred (unilateral) to a new organization in a post carrying a grade pay of 2400, he will be eligible for one upgradation under MACPS immediately to the grade pay of 2800 and the second upgradation will be due after completion of 20 years in the entry grade in previous and new organization.
    Sir,
    Thank you for clarification.As per this clarification in same circumstance those employee transfered to 4200/- cadre from 4600/- cadre will get 4600 gp itself in new organisation.But those who refused promotion before 01/09/08 after 15 years service in 4200/-cadre have been deprived upgradation.It is contradictory.

Member CNU.SRE is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    First paragraph to the Clarification 35 states:

“Where all the posts are placed in a higher scale of pay, with or without a change in the designation; without requirement of any new qualification for holding the post in the higher grade, not specified in the Recruitment Rules for the existing post, and without involving any change in responsibilities and duties, then placement of all the incumbents against such upgraded posts is not be treated as promotion/upgradation".

Department might have considered the scale of STA I having these criteria and allowed 2nd ACP in 2002.

SASI
    Thanks...for giving clarification.

Junior Member vunnikrishnan is on a distinguished road

Is it correct that MACP envisages 3 fixations in the career of a CGE in 30 years.,unlike 2 heirarchial promotions under ACP.?Pl. let me know i am correct if suggest a friend of mine to represent as follows:-
    joined in 330-560 scale in 1975,promoted in 1978 to 425-800 scale and thus minimum of pay 425 was given(no fixation under FR 22C given).
    Promoted to 7500-12000 scale in 1996 with fixation benefit under FR22 C.
    No ACP from 1999, as already got 2 promotions .
    After SCPC,fixation in NFSG in PB2 with GP 5400 given from 1-1-2006.
    Thus eventhough 3 promotions given, actual fixation given undr FR22C only in 1996 and now in 2006.
    Having completed 30 yrs of service on 1-9-2008, and received only 2 fixations, 3rd macp is eligible and at least to PB3 with gp 5400 (if not GP6600)is to be allowed.
    Last edited by vunnikrishnan; 09-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vunnikrishnan View Post
    Is it correct that MACP envisages 3 fixations in the career of a CGE in 30 years.,unlike 2 heirarchial promotions under ACP.?Pl. let me know i am correct if suggest a friend of mine to represent as follows:-
    joined in 330-560 scale in 1975,promoted in 1978 to 425-800 scale and thus minimum of pay 425 was given(no fixation under FR 22C given).
    Promoted to 7500-12000 scale in 1996 with fixation benefit under FR22 C.
    No ACP from 1999, as already got 2 promotions .
    After SCPC,fixation in NFSG in PB2 with GP 5400 given from 1-1-2006.
    Thus eventhough 3 promotions given, actual fixation given undr FR22C only in 1996 and now in 2006.
    Having completed 30 yrs of service on 1-9-2008, and received only 2 fixations, 3rd macp is eligible and at least to PB3 with gp 5400 (if not GP6600)is to be allowed.
    Promotions earned in the past are to be taken into account under MACP. As you have got 3 promotions no benefits under MACP will be available.

As regards, fixation at the minimum of 425-800 scale without the benefit of pay fixation, I think your pay would have any way got fixed at the minimum i.e. Rs. 425 under FR 22-C.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2