+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Performance Appraisal Report- Clarification

Hybrid View

Member vgsingh is on a distinguished road

Default Performance Appraisal Report- Clarification

In the APAR for the year 2009-10 the reviewing officer intentionally wrote 'not watched officers work to form judgement' under integrity column. What to do?

Junior Member ankitsud36 is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr. Singh

You have the right to represent through proper channels.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

This is not a negative comment on you, but on himself.

Victor

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear friend,

A reviewing officer is supposed to only review what was reported by the reporting officer in the APAR/ACR. In respect of the ‘Integrity’, there are specific guidelines for reporting. As rightly pointed out by Mr. victor, the comments of the reviewing officer show how indifferent his reviewing attitude has been.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear friend,

A reviewing officer is supposed to only review what was reported by the reporting officer in the APAR/ACR. In respect of the ‘Integrity’, there are specific guidelines for reporting. As rightly pointed out by Mr. victor, the comments of the reviewing officer show how indifferent his reviewing attitude has been.

Default Performance Appraisal Report- Clarification contd

In the Annual Performance Apprisal Report (APAR) of Indian Government Servant for the financial year 2009-10 the Reporting officer gave a very good remarks with a grading of '7' but, the Reviewing Officer intentionally gaves completely below benchmark grading of '3'. WHAT WILL BE THE FINAL GRADING. Who will decide the final grade? If you have any relevant office order or document please mail me. I will be highly thankful to you.

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

The Reviewing Officer has to specifically state the reason for his disagreement with the Reporting Officer. OM No. 21011/1/2005-Estt (A) (Pt-II) dated 23-7-2009 & Brochure on preparation of APAR clearly states this fact. Your current grading will be 3 and you will not be considered for promotions. You may represent without delay to the Authorities to expunge the adverse remarks, since the guidelines of the government regarding APAR is not followed by the Reviewing Officer and to retain the overall grading to 7 as assessed by the Reporting Officer. Links to the Orders are given below:

http://www.persmin.nic.in/WriteReadD..._(Pt-II)-1.pdf

http://fcamin.nic.in/writereaddata/1...ROCHURE-CR.pdf

sasi

Default reply to the observations made

Thanks for your reply. The representation has already been submitted in the office & is under process. But if my current grading is '3' and the grading given by thr reviewing officer is considered as final (he can upgrade or downgrade at his own will ) then WHAT IS THE USE OF REPORTING OFFICER IN APAR? Only reviewing officer will be sufficient in wiriting APAR. As far as I know THERE ARE NO SET GUIDELINES FOR THE REPORTING & REVIEWING OFFICERS (do or dn'ts). As now a days the APAR is being intimated to the appraisee & he can represent also, then without any set guidelines for reporting and reviewing officers,in my view lot of employees will not be satisfied with the grading given by reviewing officer. they will definately represent in large number making it more difficult to the authorities to decide. Being given a fixed time to dispose of the representation the authorites will try to dispose the case as early as possible and the genuity/ fairness of the case will be lost.
    Comments on my observation is keenly avaited for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    The Reviewing Officer has to specifically state the reason for his disagreement with the Reporting Officer. OM No. 21011/1/2005-Estt (A) (Pt-II) dated 23-7-2009 & Brochure on preparation of APAR clearly states this fact. Your current grading will be 3 and you will not be considered for promotions. You may represent without delay to the Authorities to expunge the adverse remarks, since the guidelines of the government regarding APAR is not followed by the Reviewing Officer and to retain the overall grading to 7 as assessed by the Reporting Officer. Links to the Orders are given below:

sasi
    Last edited by vgsingh; 15-12-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Default reply to the observations made

Thanks for your reply. The representation has already been submitted in the office & is under process. But if my current grading is '3' and the grading given by thr reviewing officer is considered as final (he can upgrade or downgrade at his own will ) then WHAT IS THE USE OF REPORTING OFFICER IN APAR? Only reviewing officer will be sufficient in wiriting APAR. As far as I know THERE ARE NO SET GUIDELINES FOR THE REPORTING & REVIEWING OFFICERS (do or dn'ts). As now a days the APAR is being intimated to the appraisee & he can represent also, then without any set guidelines for reporting and reviewing officers,in my view lot of employees will not be satisfied with the grading given by reviewing officer. they will definately represent in large number making it more difficult to the authorities to decide. Being given a fixed time to dispose of the representation the authorites will try to dispose the case as early as possible and the genuity/ fairness of the case will be lost.
    Comments on my observation is keenly avaited for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post

sasi

Default acr 2 apar

Is it true that in case of earlier system of ACR the Reviewing Officer can change the grading by one level(above or below) to that given by Reporting Officer.

There was no such restriction for the Reviewing Officer that only one level can be changed. But every change must be explained with reasons.

sasi

Default APAR Clarification

Thanks Mr. SASI for your valueable reply. Further I wish to know:
    If the Reviewing Officer changes the grading(as in my case from 7 to 3) just by giving the reason without any proof that the officer(appraisee) is irresponsible to office work. What will be the appropriate clarification for making a representation. Thanks

In addition to the self appraisal column and its comment of the Reporting Officer, there are columns to be filled by the Reporting Officerin the APAR: Viz,Atitude to Wrok, Sense of responsibility, Maintenace of Discipline,Punctuality in attendance, Personality, Integrity,Ability to apply relevant Rules, Quality of work done, Promptness in disposal of work etc. To all these the Reporting Officer would have given very good (7) grading. This would amply prove that the remarks and grading of the Reviewing Officer are utterly perverse. On appeal you would get it expunged.

regards

sasi

Smile thanks

thanks Mr. SASI
    Infact your reply is a great relief to me

I WISH TO KNOW THAT WHETHER ANY SET GUIDELINES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF REPORTING & REVIEWING OFFICERS (do or dn'ts) IN WRITING 'APAR' OF A EMPLOYEE.

Default APAR-Procedure of Memorial against assessment

A provision of making a memorial to the President on the Performance Appraisal Report, has been provided under rule 25 of the All India Services (Discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1969. HOW TO MAKE A MEMORIAL i.e., detailed procedure be provided. A sample copy of the same is also requested.
    Thanks
    Last edited by vgsingh; 22-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Can a Group- B Gazetted employee in central govt Represent against the final grading
    in the Annual Performance
    Appraisal Report (APAR) for the year
    1/04/2009 to 31/3/2010 to the
    REFERRAL BOARD or it is only for IAS or IPS officers. Clarify my doubts & guide.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vgsingh View Post
    Can a Group- B Gazetted employee in central govt Represent against the final grading
    in the Annual Performance
    Appraisal Report (APAR) for the year
    1/04/2009 to 31/3/2010 to the
    REFERRAL BOARD or it is only for IAS or IPS officers. Clarify my doubts & guide.
    Yes one can represent against the final grading given in the APAR.

Refer OM dated 14/5/2009 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...28Pt-II%29.pdf) for further details.

Victor

Default My APAR for the year 2009-10

In my APAR for the year 2009 -10 the Reporting Officer gave me a grading
    of 7 but was intentionally curtailed by Reviewing Officer to 3. When I represented against the grading given by Reviewing Office the competent authority in their assessment wrote I AGREE WITH THE GRADING GIVEN BY THE REPORTING OFFICER. REVIEWING OFFICER GRADING IS 'BIASED'. But the grading given by reviewing officer was neither corrected nor cancelled. What should I now do. Please guide me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes one can represent against the final grading given in the APAR.

Refer OM dated 14/5/2009 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...28Pt-II%29.pdf) for further details.

Victor
    Last edited by vgsingh; 06-02-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: corrections

In effect the Appellate Authority has retained the grading given by the Reporting Officer and expunged the entries made by the Reviewing Officer. This can be ascertained by a request under RTI Act.

SASI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast