+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Admissibility of LTC claim if bookin is not done by specified Authorized Agents.

Junior Member rajiv_bhatnagar is on a distinguished road

Default Admissibility of LTC claim if bookin is not done by specified Authorized Agents.

In Guidelines on Air Travel on Tours / LTC dated 16th September, 2010it it is insisted that while availing LTC, the Air India/Indian Airlines tickets should only be purchased through Authorized Agents namely M/s Ashok Travels & Tours and IRCTC only. The learned members are requested to inform whether the LTC claim could be rejected in case the Air India/Indian Airline tickets are purchased from authorized agents other than those specified in the Office Memorandum dated 17th September, 2010 but which has been successfully entertained by the airlines and traveled upon by the claimant Government Servant. Further whether the claim is admissible in case the booking while availing LTC is made under APEX scheme and not under LTC80 scheme although the amount spent under Apex scheme is less than the amount to be spent under the LTC 80 scheme.

With kind regards
    Rajiv Bhatnagar

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea behind insistence of ticket be purchased from authorised agent is to protect the interest of govt servant and to avoid middlemen as also speculations. Further if ticket purchased under ltc80 scheme is cancelled the cancellation charges are rs 100 only whereas normal cancellation charges are rs 500

Default Further Query

Learned Pathak ji,

I am thankful to you for the prompt reply. Although I do appreciate the rationale behind the issue of O.M. dated 17.9.2010, my queries remais unanswered as to whether the LTC claim can be rejected in case the bookings are not made through the three authorised agents specified in the mrmorandum and further when the charges made under the Apex scheme is lower than the charges made under LTC80 scheme.

With regards

Rajiv Bhatnagar

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

It is at the discreation of the sanctioining authority to accept the claim. There is however no barring in the matter

Default Thank you very much

Learned Pathakji,
    Many thanks for spending your valuable time in attending to the queries raised by me. The valuable opinion expressed by you is of immense help to me and I will quote it to my sanctioning authority as a support. Thank you very much, Sir, once again..

With regards
    Rajiv Bhatnagar

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv_bhatnagar View Post
    Learned Pathak ji,

I am thankful to you for the prompt reply. Although I do appreciate the rationale behind the issue of O.M. dated 17.9.2010, my queries remais unanswered as to whether the LTC claim can be rejected in case the bookings are not made through the three authorised agents specified in the mrmorandum and further when the charges made under the Apex scheme is lower than the charges made under LTC80 scheme.

With regards

Rajiv Bhatnagar
    It depends on the PAO. In our department, the charges levied by the agent are not reimubrsed. The balance amount is reimbursed.

Victor

Default Thank You very much

Learned Victor ji,
    Many thanks for spending your valuable time in attending to the queries raised by me. I am not pressing for the reimbursement of agent's commission but is interested in the fare charged by Indian Airlines. Furtherr, the valuable opinion expressed by you is of immense help to me and I will quote it to my sanctioning authority as a support. Thank you very much, Sir, once again..

With regards
    Rajiv Bhatnagar

Member pk9591 is on a distinguished road

I have purchased the Air India tickets for north east tour for availing LTC but not under LTC80 scheme. I have purchased tickets through Air- India website which is less than LTC 80 rate. I wish to know that whether my this LTC claim will be reimbursed or there can be any problem in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by pk9591 View Post
    I have purchased the Air India tickets for north east tour for availing LTC but not under LTC80 scheme. I have purchased tickets through Air- India website which is less than LTC 80 rate. I wish to know that whether my this LTC claim will be reimbursed or there can be any problem in this regard.
    Kindly refer to MOF Circular dated 16/9/2010 (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf) in this regard.

As per the above guidelines, LTC-80 ticket of Air India is only to be purchased. Therefore, kindly check with your PAO in this regard. Probably if you can get a certificate from Air India that the rates are less than LTC-80, then it should not be a problem.

Victor

Junior Member faransqi is on a distinguished road

Smile

Dear sir,
    the mentioned Agents are available only in Delhi.Most of the traveling agents rates are inclusive of fares displayed on the websites of airlines .you need to check if the fee charged by traveling agent is over and above than the fares of that day if this includes the charges then you are eligible for reimbursement provided all other criteria of travelling by air are fulfilled by you.
    secondly AI/IA LTC tickets can be purchased at the airlines counter under LTC-80 fares scheme by producing service identity card.

Junior Member panbuu is on a distinguished road

Default LTC Claim-reg.

What happens if the air tickets, LTC80/Q in AirIndia is booked through some other agencies other than the three mentioned agencies. Is there any authorized answers for this. Whether this ground can it be rejected by the organization.
    Last edited by panbuu; 23-02-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by panbuu View Post
    What happens if the air tickets, LTC80/Q in AirIndia is booked through some other agencies other than three mentioned agencies. Is there any authorized answers for this. Whether this ground can it be rejected by the organization.
    It depends on the PAO. In our department, the charges levied by the agent are not reimubrsed. The balance amount is reimbursed.

Victor

Is there any valid/written proof for LTC can be claimed with out utilizing the three agents??!!
    Last edited by panbuu; 23-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.

I have traveled Bangalore to Srinagar by air on 10th dec 2010. I have not booked the tickets through the mentioned three agencies(but traveled by AI/IA LTC Q/80 only). On this basis my LTC reimbursement was not given to me and also they started deducting the amount which I received as advance from the office along with penalty. Here pity is that they started dedecuting full amount from my salary (my home take become less than Rs.1000/=). I do not know is there any rule to come out of this situation. Kindly any one let me know.

Junior Member SumeetG is on a distinguished road

I am also having similar predicament. But as enquired from our pao they have referred the case to aviation ministry or somebody as there are many similar cases. Let us see what is the outcome. Meanwhile if somebody has some concrete information pls let us know.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by SumeetG; 16-05-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Junior Member dasguptakinshuk is on a distinguished road

I need one clarification. I have taken LTC to home town in 2010. Can I take LTC to other than home town in 2011 (As the block for other than home town is 2010-13)?

Quote Originally Posted by dasguptakinshuk View Post
    I need one clarification. I have taken LTC to home town in 2010. Can I take LTC to other than home town in 2011 (As the block for other than home town is 2010-13)?
    If you have availed LTC for visiting Hometown in 2010 against the block year 2010-11 then you can avail the next LTC to visit Hometown/Anywhere in India in 2012-13.

Victor

Junior Member Sunita is on a distinguished road

Sir,

Can AILTC be availed by non entitled officials , from the official's Hqrs(chennai) to J& K by flight via Delhi. Is the flight journey restricted to Air India only or any other flights like Jet lite, Indigo etc can be availed for LTC. Does LTC 80 be applicable to jet lite also if so can it be taken from chennai to J & K

Quote Originally Posted by Sunita View Post
    Sir,

Can AILTC be availed by non entitled officials , from the official's Hqrs(chennai) to J& K by flight via Delhi. Is the flight journey restricted to Air India only or any other flights like Jet lite, Indigo etc can be availed for LTC. Does LTC 80 be applicable to jet lite also if so can it be taken from chennai to J & K
    Kindly refer to OM dated 18/6/2010 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...stt.(A-IV).pdf) in this regard.

All officials are entitled to avail LTC to visit J&K against conversion of one block of Home Town LTC.

Officials not entitled to travel by air have to travel from the place of posting to Delhi or Amritsar by Train. From Delhi/Amritsar they can travel by air to J&K by any airline including private airlines. The fare would be restricted to LTC-80 fare of Air India.

Victor

Junior Member deepkumarvs is on a distinguished road

Question LTC -O.M. Dt.16.09.2010

Dear Pathakji and Victorji

I have applied for LTC advance well in advance but the PAO didn’t pay the advance though it was sanctioned by the authority. The authority didn’t place any condition about the booking of Air Tickets but laid down a condition, ‘travel only by Air India’ in the sanction order. As planned, I have utilized the LTC (Bangalore – Delhi) in Dec. 2010 managing my resources. My office forwarded the LTC bill with necessary sanction to PAO for payment but the PAO returned it with comment ‘Not admissible’ since the tickets were not booked through the authorized agents. Now, my office is in a dilemma to decide the course of action on the bill returned.

Please suggest me some thing to settle my claim and to get back my money spent in anticipation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast