+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One GP One Pension

Member ybhaskar23

Default One GP One Pension

Dear Sir,
    The Government should quickly implement One GP One Pension immediately as this will resolve all pension anamolies.
    and also would be in line with the One Rank One Pension being demanded by the Armed Forces.
    Would appreciate comments and feedback
    thanks
    Bhaskar

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

D/ Shri Bhaskare,

I WELCOME THE IDEA. LET ALL DEBATE THE SAME FROM DIFFERENT VIEW-POINTS! say very old pensioners, recent old pensioners, current/ future retirees etc

Points to be pondered according to me:

We must first define how you arrive at OGOP.

Will it be based on the Min of Pay in the Pay Band? Or Minimum of the Pay Band?

Or on a NOTIONAL AVERAGE which falls somewhere within the Pay Band- irrespective of the Last Pay Drawn?

Will the new retirees also come under OGOP (which will never be accepted by the employeews/ current & future Retirees!).

SO IT HAS TO BE BASED ON THE MAXIMUM OF THE PAY OF (REPEAT of)THE PAY BAND itself, which will never be accepted by the Govt.!

Let us see how others view the idea!

Regards,
    vnatarajan

Member ybhaskar23

Default One GP One Pension

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    D/ Shri Bhaskare,

I WELCOME THE IDEA. LET ALL DEBATE THE SAME FROM DIFFERENT VIEW-POINTS! say very old pensioners, recent old pensioners, current/ future retirees etc

Points to be pondered according to me:

We must first define how you arrive at OGOP.

Will it be based on the Min of Pay in the Pay Band? Or Minimum of the Pay Band?

Or on a NOTIONAL AVERAGE which falls somewhere within the Pay Band- irrespective of the Last Pay Drawn?

Will the new retirees also come under OGOP (which will never be accepted by the employeews/ current & future Retirees!).

SO IT HAS TO BE BASED ON THE MAXIMUM OF THE PAY OF (REPEAT of)THE PAY BAND itself, which will never be accepted by the Govt.!

Let us see how others view the idea!

Regards,
    vnatarajan
    Dear Mr Natarajan,

Thanks for your comments.

Let us assume the Government acceeds to the demand for OROP for Armed Forces,
    Then the whole lot of issues brought by you would certainly be examined by the Govt,
    while implementing OROP for the Armed Forces.

In that case my views are that what- ever methodology is used for the implementation of OROP,
    (excepting the MSP) all the rest of the issues should be very much applicable to all central Government Employees from top to bottom ie from PB1 to Cabinet Secretary.

Ideally of course, stretching the idea a bit further and simplifying further,
    One GP One Pay for all government employees including the Armed Forces( MSP included for Armed Forces) would be the Ideal Solution which automatically would lead to
    implementing One GP One Pension and One GP One Family Pension.

Just Imagine how simplified the lot of activities such as calculations, PPO preparations etc

With Regards

Bhaskar

Dear Shri Bhaskar/Interested,

I dont believe the OROP can be compared or simulateed!

Even Miltary Pensioners are not bale to define properly OROP.

Ideally it should be "Equal Rank- Equal Pension"

But then it can not be so easy, as within the RANK, they have different categoriesp-different lebgths of service- different years for commission- different weighatage.

In case of COs , they also have to retire in case they do not qualify themselves for promotion within the "age" prescribed.

In THE CASE OF "CIVILIANS"- THAT TOO WITH SO MANY NEW PROVISIONS- ONCE WE ENTER SERVICE- MERRILY ONE CAN REACH THE TOP OF THE "PAY BAND" PAY.

NOW COMING TO BRASS TAGS, LET US EXAMINE PB4.

LOWEST SCALE IS S24 WHICH IS 37400-67000 WITH GP 8700. EVERY GR A OFFICER WHO HAS AGE (ALL HAVE AGE DEFINITELY ON THEIR SIDE) WILL REACH THE TIOP 67000 AND HIS PENSION IS 67000 PLUS 8700 DIVIDED BY TWO WH IS 37850 OR5 SO.

AS AGAINST THIS, TOPMOST SCALE IS S29 WH IS 37400 -67000 WITH GP 10000 AND ALL WILKL ERACH THE TOP OF THE SCALE IN EVERY CASE AND THOSE LUCKY TO GET S29, MAY DRAW PENSION OF 38500!

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PENSIONS OF S24 AND S29? A PITTANCE OF 650 RS PM !!!!!!

WHY OGPOP? NO NEED AT ALL. AS OF NOW IT IS ALMOST OGPOP IN PB3 AND PB4!

CONSEQUENTLY, FOR CIVILIANS IT HAS TO BE "ONE PAY BAND- ONE PENSION" !

OR NO NEED AT ALL!

I AM NOT SURE OF PB1 AND PB2! MAY BE SOMEBODY CAN PROJECT THE DETAILS!

Regards,
    vnatarajan

Member ybhaskar23

Default Ogop

Dear Mr Natarajan,

Thanks for your comments,

I do not concur with your views that OGOP is nearly
    prevailing in PB3 and PB4 bands as both the officers are likely
    to reach the end of the scale in their tenure as they are likely to have sufficient age.

The issue about OGOP is that those officers who retired prior to 1/1/2006 and those officers
    retiring post 1/1/2006 will be drawing different pensions even though their Grade Pay is same

Take a PB4 officer in GP 8700/ who retires prior to 1/1/2006 today gets a basic pension
    of Rs 23050/ whereas a PB4 officer of same GP ie Rs8700 retiring post 1/1/2006 on any date
    would draw pension more than Rs 23050, depending on how much Service is left for Retirement,
    It is quite possible that this GP 8700 could draw a pension of 67000+ 8700=75700/2=37850.
    Rs 37850 is quite different from Rs 23050 for the same GP officer 0f 8700 in PB4

If the OGOP is implemented then all PB4 officers in GP 8700 would draw same Pension irrespective of
    which day they retire of course subject to having a qualifying service of 33 years for pre 1/1/2006 officers
    and 20 years for post 1/1/2006 officers, as the service of 33 years and 20 years are the conditions for drawing full pension for pre and post 2006 retirees as of now.

This is exactly what the Armed Forces are demanding. A full Colonel whether he is a pre2006 or a post 2006
    retireee should draw identical pension ie One Rank One Pension. A junior colonel retiring post 2006 should
    not draw more pension than a senior Colonel who has retired pre 2006.

I also feel strongly that a junior GP8700 pb4 officer retiring post 2006 should not draw more pension
    than his senior GP 8700 PB4 officer who has retired prior to Jan 2006 and presently getting a pension of Rs23050 .

Rest Assured The Armed Forces are Demanding this only. All Brigadiers irrespective of their date of retirement, if they have the requisite qualifying service, should always draw identical pension, in short this is exactly what is OROP all about for the Armed Forces.

I feel that instead of negating how the Govt would go about implementing OGOP for civilians, it is upto them to think of the mechanism, since they will be examining the same mechanism thoroughly while implementing OROP for the Armed Forces Personnel very soon.

My only suggestion is that if and when the Govt implements OROP for the Armed Forces Personnel,the Govt should simutaneously implement OGOP for all central Government Civilians from PB1,PB2, PB3, PB4,HAG, Cabinet Secretary posts also.

I hope I have been able to clarify on your comments

with regards

Bhaskar

Dear Shri Bhaskar/Interested,

I dont believe the OROP can be compared or simulateed!

Even Miltary Pensioners are not bale to define properly OROP.

Ideally it should be "Equal Rank- Equal Pension"

But then it can not be so easy, as within the RANK, they have different categoriesp-different lebgths of service- different years for commission- different weighatage.

In case of COs , they also have to retire in case they do not qualify themselves for promotion within the "age" prescribed.

In THE CASE OF "CIVILIANS"- THAT TOO WITH SO MANY NEW PROVISIONS- ONCE WE ENTER SERVICE- MERRILY ONE CAN REACH THE TOP OF THE "PAY BAND" PAY.

NOW COMING TO BRASS TAGS, LET US EXAMINE PB4.

LOWEST SCALE IS S24 WHICH IS 37400-67000 WITH GP 8700. EVERY GR A OFFICER WHO HAS AGE (ALL HAVE AGE DEFINITELY ON THEIR SIDE) WILL REACH THE TIOP 67000 AND HIS PENSION IS 67000 PLUS 8700 DIVIDED BY TWO WH IS 37850 OR5 SO.

AS AGAINST THIS, TOPMOST SCALE IS S29 WH IS 37400 -67000 WITH GP 10000 AND ALL WILKL ERACH THE TOP OF THE SCALE IN EVERY CASE AND THOSE LUCKY TO GET S29, MAY DRAW PENSION OF 38500!

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PENSIONS OF S24 AND S29? A PITTANCE OF 650 RS PM !!!!!!

WHY OGPOP? NO NEED AT ALL. AS OF NOW IT IS ALMOST OGPOP IN PB3 AND PB4!

CONSEQUENTLY, FOR CIVILIANS IT HAS TO BE "ONE PAY BAND- ONE PENSION" !

OR NO NEED AT ALL!

I AM NOT SURE OF PB1 AND PB2! MAY BE SOMEBODY CAN PROJECT THE DETAILS!

Regards,
    vnatarajan

Dear Shri Bhaskar,

I do understand your points.

Only thing I mistook was that you are talking about the possibilities in "FUTURE".

SO FAR AS PRE 2006 PENSIONERS ARE CONCERNED, LET ME ASSURE THAT IF WE WIN OUR "DOZEN CASES" (now in progress in various CATS/ HIGH COURTS/ AFTs etc) ON SCPC MODIFIED PARITY- (PL VISIT THE VOLUIMINOUS THREADS TITLED "INJUSTICE......" AND ANOTHER "JUSTICE...." in this very forum topic "Pensioners") IT WILL BE A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT.

We are not hoping for anything more nor we have any options.

CERTAINLY WE CAN PLAN FOR 7TH CPC REVISED PENSIONS ON THE OGPOP OR OPBOP MODELS!

CERTAINLY, IN 7TH CPC REVISION (IF WE ARE ALIVE), WE SHALL ALL HOPE TO GET THE SAME "MINIMUM FIXATIONS" AS THE CURRENT POST 2006 RETIREES WOULD GET- WHICH SHALL BE AT THE "TOP OF THE PAY BAND" OR NEAR IT (WE HOPE!)!

Regards,
    vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 19-11-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Member ybhaskar23

Default Ogop

Dear Mr Natarajan,

Thanks for your Comments,

I am certain that the OROP for Armed Forces Personnel will be
    implemented by the Government much before setting up
    of the Seventh Pay Commission, and hence I feel that if that be so,
    then we should also put request for the implementation of OGOP for all
    civilians simutaneously instead of waiting for the Seventh CPC to
    take up the issue.

It is quite possible that the Govt on its own might implement OGOP for all employees,
    while implementing OROP for the Armed Forces,to avoid discrimination

Actually OROP in a way is nothing but OGOP minus Military Service Pay, since
    every Rank in the Three Serices has been given a Specific GP( excepting for the Ranks
    of Lt Col and Brigadier whose GP's are Rs 8000 and 8900respectively) which is common to the Civilian
    PB1 ,PB2, PB3 and PB4 Officers.

Let's wait and see what sort of action the Govt takes for the Armed Forces.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Dear Shri Bhaskar,

I do understand your points.

Only thing I mistook was that you are talking about the possibilities in "FUTURE".

SO FAR AS PRE 2006 PENSIONERS ARE CONCERNED, LET ME ASSURE THAT IF WE WIN OUR "DOZEN CASES" (now in progress in various CATS/ HIGH COURTS/ AFTs etc) ON SCPC MODIFIED PARITY- (PL VISIT THE VOLUIMINOUS THREADS TITLED "INJUSTICE......" AND ANOTHER "JUSTICE...." in this very forum topic "Pensioners") IT WILL BE A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT.

We are not hoping for anything more nor we have any options.

CERTAINLY WE CAN PLAN FOR 7TH CPC REVISED PENSIONS ON THE OGPOP OR OPBOP MODELS!

CERTAINLY, IN 7TH CPC REVISION (IF WE ARE ALIVE), WE SHALL ALL HOPE TO GET THE SAME "MINIMUM FIXATIONS" AS THE CURRENT POST 2006 RETIREES WOULD GET- WHICH SHALL BE AT THE "TOP OF THE PAY BAND" OR NEAR IT (WE HOPE!)!

Regards,
    vnatarajan
    Last edited by ybhaskar23; 19-11-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,

The relevant portion of the Order of the Kerala Government implementing One Rank One Pension Scheme is reproduced below which may be helpful.

"3.2. Revised Basic Pension : To arrive at the revised Basic Pension,
    Calculated Value, comprising the following, shall be first determined:
    (i) Existing Basic Pension;
    (ii) Fitment benefit of 6% of existing basic pension (i.e. of (i)
    above). If it involves fraction of a rupee, it shall be rounded off to
    the next higher rupee.
    (iii) 59% of existing Basic Pension (i.e. of (i) above) as rounded off
    to the next higher rupee.

3.3. If the total of (i) to (iii) above (called Calculated Value) is less than
    50% of the minimum of the corresponding revised scale of the post from
    which the pensioner retired, then, in the case of pensioners having
    Qualifying Service of 30 years and above, the pension shall be stepped up
    to 50% of the minimum of the revised scale. In the case of others with
    qualifying service of less than 30 years, pension proportionate to the
    Qualifying Service as indicated in Schedule 1 (see illustration 1) alone will
    be admissible."
    (G.O.(P)No. 180/06/Fin Dated,18-4-2006) : Link : http://www.finance.kerala.gov.in/ind...d=36&Itemid=62

regards

sasi

+ Reply to Thread