+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Child Leave - permission to leave HQs

  1. #1
    Junior Member Sunita is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24

    Exclamation Child Leave - permission to leave HQs

    Sir,

    Kindly clarify...

    The child CAre leave is given for specific purpose of rearing child during exam or illness, in other words the child is dependent on mother for his well being.

    Can an employee be given child care leave for months together for child care leave. there is a restriction of minimum 15 days to be taken any maximum limit for availing child care leave ???. Can the official leave headquarters and go while availing child care leave...in that case where the necessity of a dependent child...it is a free bonanza for women employee at the cost of govt exchequer because staff is engaged on contract basis to look after the work of regular women employees...any solutions to it.?? to be geiven only for genuine reasons ... Kindly clairify whetehr permission to leave hqrs is given. The senior members of this forum are requested to get the clarification from DOPT at the earliest since the common problems while processing the child care leave is not known to the senior officials making the rules and amendments in respect of child care leave.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Child care leave no doubt a bonanaza for women employee. There is no restriction on maximum period of availing of leave for child care. Rule is silent about movement/leaving the headquarter

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunita View Post
    Sir,

    Kindly clarify...

    The child CAre leave is given for specific purpose of rearing child during exam or illness, in other words the child is dependent on mother for his well being.

    Can an employee be given child care leave for months together for child care leave. there is a restriction of minimum 15 days to be taken any maximum limit for availing child care leave ???. Can the official leave headquarters and go while availing child care leave...in that case where the necessity of a dependent child...it is a free bonanza for women employee at the cost of govt exchequer because staff is engaged on contract basis to look after the work of regular women employees...any solutions to it.?? to be geiven only for genuine reasons ... Kindly clairify whetehr permission to leave hqrs is given. The senior members of this forum are requested to get the clarification from DOPT at the earliest since the common problems while processing the child care leave is not known to the senior officials making the rules and amendments in respect of child care leave.
    If the child/children is not with the parents and if they have to be taken care for some reason at that point of time, alongwith CCL, one has to avail permission for leaving station also (as it is established that the child is not together and he/she has to be taken care of for which CCL alongwith permission to leave the station is requested for).

    For any leave kind of leave, there is pre-condition for credit. Really, Child Care Leave is lottery for women employees. One has to wait for start of the month say Jan and July for getting 15 days credit of EL and 20 days Half Pay Leave/10days Commuted Leave and 10 days of CL. But for CCL, no such restriction. Any women employee who has child studying for example, 10th standard (would normally be of 15 years or more in age) will be in a hurry to avail the entire 730 days of CCL as they would be on the verge of loosing the leave if they do not avail within the next 2 or 2 and 1/2 years. Because of this reason, there will be rush (sorry to say, there is already rush in many offices) for availing this leave at a stretch as there is no restriction in maximum to be availed at a time.

    I can only pity the male employees (including myself who are similarly placed i.e., those who really need leave to look after their children in times of sickness/hospitalisation, etc. as they have to balance between office and home without having to loose the EL at their credit. It is my experience that I had to exhaust 3 weeks of my EL to take care of my child who was hospitalised recently. While men are deprived of such leave even for genuine reasons, now women are keen on availing just because they have been given such leave.

    Madam, no senior member is capable of getting clarification DOPT as even our Federation/NAC/JCM, etc., themselves seem to be incapable of getting either information or clarification on many matters. It is not possible for senior member. All are mere senior/junior members only in this site gconnect. This forum is merely for exchange of knowledge and information among ourselves for the mutual benefit. And the Chatter box is used for exchange of information as well as for personal abuses also.

    But ultimately Gconnect really connects.
    Ramnath

  4. #4
    Junior Member kittu23 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Dear All,
    It is wise that Government understood the issues of a mother, who has a child less than 18 years. Only issues are tagged are:

    1. Instead of 720 days leave, it is advisable to allow all female employees one hour early every day. We all know that the child goes to school and comes back by 5 PM. If a women employee reaches by that time home, it will be enough.

    2. We may see in 7 Pay commission Husband Care Leave (HCL), if husband is also working. This will be in addition to CCL. Be prepared for such new initiatives from government. Remember, the govt also puts a condition that a female employee should have one husband living to avail this leave.

    3. No Income Tax if both wife and husband are working.

    4. Today many cases both husband and wife are enjoying HRA from both employers and staying together. Is it not a gross mistake of government.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sunita View Post
    Sir,

    Kindly clarify...

    The child CAre leave is given for specific purpose of rearing child during exam or illness, in other words the child is dependent on mother for his well being.

    Can an employee be given child care leave for months together for child care leave. there is a restriction of minimum 15 days to be taken any maximum limit for availing child care leave ???. Can the official leave headquarters and go while availing child care leave...in that case where the necessity of a dependent child...it is a free bonanza for women employee at the cost of govt exchequer because staff is engaged on contract basis to look after the work of regular women employees...any solutions to it.?? to be geiven only for genuine reasons ... Kindly clairify whetehr permission to leave hqrs is given. The senior members of this forum are requested to get the clarification from DOPT at the earliest since the common problems while processing the child care leave is not known to the senior officials making the rules and amendments in respect of child care leave.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    The basic idea of child care leave is the recommendations of UNICEF to encourage breast feeding the mother should be allowed to take leave till such time the child is actually dependant, normally one and half years of age. Most of countries accordingly increased the maternity leave. But in India vote bank is supreme and result is child care leave. Women avail of all child care leave in combination of maternity leave and after some time the child care leave shall be exhausted by the women employees at the time of child birth

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    142

    Default Irrational discriminatory order

    Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    The basic idea of child care leave is the recommendations of UNICEF to encourage breast feeding the mother should be allowed to take leave till such time the child is actually dependant, normally one and half years of age. Most of countries accordingly increased the maternity leave. But in India vote bank is supreme and result is child care leave. Women avail of all child care leave in combination of maternity leave and after some time the child care leave shall be exhausted by the women employees at the time of child birth
    Mr.Pathak,
    Well said.
    What could have been the idea for such leave without any pre-conditions (Conditions here I mean, for availing of EL/CL, etc. one has to first get credit):-
    1) Upto the age upto 18 years (Hence need not be used as an extended maternity leave alone).
    2) No condition for credit.
    3) Men who have similar problem (could have been given atleast during times of
    sickness/hospitalised children) are deprived.

    Now, you see, many women are availing this just to exhaust this leave. Only person with unsound mind will not utilise this kind of free leave. Hence, every female is eager to finish this off fast before any alteration/amendment is announced.

    You may have seen, Govt's orders leave room for ambiguity, doubts and different kinds of interpretation and lacks logic, rationale. Must be vote bank politics have come into play in this also, as u said.

    And this is for Sunita Madam:- Generally for any leave when u want to go out of station, u should obtain permission. Hence, if anyone is on ccl already and want to go out of station, they should intimate the office of their going out. It is logical and correct to pre-intimate before proceeding out of station.
    Ramnath

  7. #7
    Junior Member Sunita is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Mr. Ramnath

    I agree with you that one has to take permission while proceeding on leave and leaving headquarters.

    in the instant case the official is a freshly appointed person on promotion form sister office and the official has come from outstation leaving the children behind in the earlier posting and now after joining in the promoted post (Group A post) the official wantes to apply for child care leave for six months from November onwards and wants to leave headquarter. The claim is the chld is studying in class XI in her earlier place of posting???? In that case why leave the child and come and joine in the new post especially a promotion post and not discharge the duties for which she is appointed and only join to retain her seniority, take salary and then go away????is it justified...can the authorites be asked to wake up and do something..

  8. #8
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunita View Post
    Mr. Ramnath

    I agree with you that one has to take permission while proceeding on leave and leaving headquarters.

    in the instant case the official is a freshly appointed person on promotion form sister office and the official has come from outstation leaving the children behind in the earlier posting and now after joining in the promoted post (Group A post) the official wantes to apply for child care leave for six months from November onwards and wants to leave headquarter. The claim is the chld is studying in class XI in her earlier place of posting???? In that case why leave the child and come and joine in the new post especially a promotion post and not discharge the duties for which she is appointed and only join to retain her seniority, take salary and then go away????is it justified...can the authorites be asked to wake up and do something..
    It is for the competent authority to take a view on the leave applied for. In my personal opinion, the grounds are justified for availing CCL. I am surprised that being a lady you are not supporting the case of your colleague. Kindly place yourself in her position and see from her perspective.

    Victor

  9. #9
    Junior Member Sunita is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Mr. Victor,

    Being a lady i fully sympathesize for the lady employees. However it is not the question of lady or gents, it is posted to seek your valuable view points of members and to give a convincing reply to the querry raised by the senior officers /sanctioning authority who happen to BE MALE officers and DOPT has not issued any guidelines to this regard and the staff dealing is left with no option but to put forth the querry in this board....Mr. Victor i am not against child care leave , the sanctioning authority wants clear cut rule in file...can u help????

  10. #10
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    In fact in every office there are problem creator. The conditions of Child Care Leave does not bar women employee to leave the station. In fact tourism is also part of child care, since every body wants a change so the child is. The leave sanctioning authority should be a humane. But the basic idea behind child care leave I already narrated in my earlier posts

  11. #11
    Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Payyanur, Kerala
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Sirs,
    There is no mention of movement of an official on CCL. It all depends on how the sanctioning aothorities/officers feel feasible. Finally, I am afraid, discussion at length and depth will be like "Too many cooks spoil the broth".

    Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

  12. #12
    Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunita View Post
    Mr. Ramnath

    I agree with you that one has to take permission while proceeding on leave and leaving headquarters.

    in the instant case the official is a freshly appointed person on promotion form sister office and the official has come from outstation leaving the children behind in the earlier posting and now after joining in the promoted post (Group A post) the official wantes to apply for child care leave for six months from November onwards and wants to leave headquarter. The claim is the chld is studying in class XI in her earlier place of posting???? In that case why leave the child and come and joine in the new post especially a promotion post and not discharge the duties for which she is appointed and only join to retain her seniority, take salary and then go away????is it justified...can the authorites be asked to wake up and do something..
    Sunita madam,
    I am unable to understand as to why one should go deep into the facts and reasons. This leave in toto lacks reasoning and logic (if given for women whohave children upto say, 10 years ok. Or upto 18 years during sickness,ok.). It is logical for every lady employee to have desire to fully avail this leave as Govt has given this leave as a lottery. Genuineness or otherwise, if one probes will result in negative. Generally, even for anyone who is transferred on rotation outside, this CCL is a real boon. They can join and then present application for ccl. They can join the new place of posting on promotion/transfer and apply ccl and come back and remain with the family. Both the purposes are served.

    There is no need for any search of points/rule for grant of ccl. It is a blanket leave. If u have child/children (2 nos.) within 18 years, any women employee can avail provided, grant of such leave also subject to discretion of the sanctioning authority. It can be denied also in the interest of office like other kinds of leave.
    Ramnath

  13. #13
    Junior Member trr1262 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    14

    Default

    dear friends

    The ccl is being sanctioned at the mercy of the officers. Not following any rules. in my department there are various sections. in one of the sections there are 20 ladies are working and only three male. two of them officer and one is staff. The officer, is invariably sanctioning the ccl who ever asks for any length of period immediately. in another section, one Group B officer is sanctioned who has some problem of transfer requested for CCL, (her daughter is studying in 12th) and the same was sanctioned. Whereas in the same section one more lady staff who has lot of medical problems and have genuine problems which everybody knows, was denied even one month CCL. This is the sorry state of affairs. as some member told there must be clear policy guidelines in availing the CCL. In my opinion the same can be made simiar to EL, by crediting 15 days in jan and 15 in Jul so as to enable the Female staff to avail who need not lapse their EL.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trr1262 View Post
    dear friends

    The ccl is being sanctioned at the mercy of the officers. Not following any rules. in my department there are various sections. in one of the sections there are 20 ladies are working and only three male. two of them officer and one is staff. The officer, is invariably sanctioning the ccl who ever asks for any length of period immediately. in another section, one Group B officer is sanctioned who has some problem of transfer requested for CCL, (her daughter is studying in 12th) and the same was sanctioned. Whereas in the same section one more lady staff who has lot of medical problems and have genuine problems which everybody knows, was denied even one month CCL. This is the sorry state of affairs. as some member told there must be clear policy guidelines in availing the CCL. In my opinion the same can be made simiar to EL, by crediting 15 days in jan and 15 in Jul so as to enable the Female staff to avail who need not lapse their EL.
    Exhausting of EL is no more a pre-condition for availing CCL. The entire 730 days of CCL is credited to the a/c. Any type of leave applied is subject to exigencies of work. However, the leave sanctioning authority is expected to take a balanced decision keeping in view public interest on the one hand and the empoyees welfare on the other.

    Victor

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Child Care Leave
    By Sunil Elencheri in forum Leave
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
  2. Child Care Leave
    By naitra in forum Leave
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-10-2010, 10:38 PM
  3. Child Care Leave
    By Sunita in forum Leave
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. Child Care Leave
    By Sunita in forum Leave
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 12:33 AM
  5. child care leave
    By sunitagupta in forum Leave
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts