+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blow to the Supervisory Cadre (Group B gazetted)

Junior Member ankitsud36 is on a distinguished road

Default Blow to the Supervisory Cadre (Group B gazetted)

I was promoted to the post of Section Officer (A/C) w.e.f. 10/2004(in scale 6500-10500 Prerevised)after passing SAS Examination under organised accounts deptt.. On 01/04/2008, I was promoted to the post of AAO(Gp B Gazetted)in scale of 7450-11500(Pre revised). On recommendation of 6th CPC the posts of SO(A/C) and AAOs were merged w.e.f.01/01/06 and granted uniform grade pay of 4800 w.e.f. same date.
    with the implementation of MACP w.e.f 01/09/08, my subordinates (Gp C staff )are getting grade pay of Rs. 5400 by virtue of IIIrd ACP. Is not it a grave anomaly that subordinate is getting more grade pay than his supervisor? whereas it is clearly stipulated in the pay commission report that the status of officer will be determined by the grade pay. My subordinates are travelling by air, whereas me as supervisor (Gp B gazetted) is compelled to travel by train.
    Is there any solution for this? this is not the plight of mine only but hunrdeds of GP B serving in organised accounts cadre are suffering...

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ankitsud36 View Post
    I was promoted to the post of Section Officer (A/C) w.e.f. 10/2004(in scale 6500-10500 Prerevised)after passing SAS Examination under organised accounts deptt.. On 01/04/2008, I was promoted to the post of AAO(Gp B Gazetted)in scale of 7450-11500(Pre revised). On recommendation of 6th CPC the posts of SO(A/C) and AAOs were merged w.e.f.01/01/06 and granted uniform grade pay of 4800 w.e.f. same date.
    with the implementation of MACP w.e.f 01/09/08, my subordinates (Gp C staff )are getting grade pay of Rs. 5400 by virtue of IIIrd ACP. Is not it a grave anomaly that subordinate is getting more grade pay than his supervisor? whereas it is clearly stipulated in the pay commission report that the status of officer will be determined by the grade pay. My subordinates are travelling by air, whereas me as supervisor (Gp B gazetted) is compelled to travel by train.
    Is there any solution for this? this is not the plight of mine only but hunrdeds of GP B serving in organised accounts cadre are suffering...
    Dear friend,

There is no anomaly in the case referred by you. The status of a post will, no doubt, be determined by the grade pay attached to the post. The grade pay earned on upgradation under ACP/MACP Schemes by an incumbent is personal to him and has nothing to do with the status of the post.

Instances of experienced sub-ordinate employees drawing higher basic pay than the young superior officer (with differential TA entitlements) existed all along even in the past and this is not a new phenomenon.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

This not an anamoly. I too am getting more pay than my supervisors

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear friend,

There is no anomaly in the case referred by you. The status of a post will, no doubt, be determined by the grade pay attached to the post. The grade pay earned on upgradation under ACP/MACP Schemes by an incumbent is personal to him and has nothing to do with the status of the post.

Instances of experienced sub-ordinate employees drawing higher basic pay than the young superior officer (with differential TA entitlements) existed all along even in the past and this is not a new phenomenon.
    Issue is not of drawing higher basic pay by the subordinate experienced staff, but that of grade pay attached, under which all our entitlements depend.
    Situation become more awkward when a supervisor and his fellow subordinate go on tour together(Temp/Duty). I think the same point has been accepted in 2nd meeting of JC 0n 15/09/10 (Item 6, Sr.No.5) and has been referred to National anomaly committee.
    Last edited by ankitsud36; 20-10-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Issue is not of drawing higher basic pay by the subordinate experienced staff, but that of grade pay attached, under which all our entitlements depend.
    Situation become more awkward when a supervisor and his fellow subordinate go on tour together(Temp/Duty). I think the same point has been accepted in 2nd meeting of JC 0n 15/09/10 (Item 6, Sr.No.5) and has been referred to National anomaly committee.
    I agree with you. This is a geniune problem and gets aggravated in the situation indicated by you. Unfortunately nobody in the government gives a serious thought to such anomalies as everybody is focussed on getting the best for his/her cadre. Nobody tries to balance the interest of the employees without distrubing the sanctity of the system.

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you an Assistant shall definitely draw more grade pay than a Section Officer in case he has got three upgradations whereas the Section Officer happens to be a direct recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I agree with you. This is a geniune problem and gets aggravated in the situation indicated by you. Unfortunately nobody in the government gives a serious thought to such anomalies as everybody is focussed on getting the best for his/her cadre. Nobody tries to balance the interest of the employees without distrubing the sanctity of the system.

Victor
    thanks for the support.

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    Engineers and supervisors of railways facing same problem since long time as the eligibility of 1st class pass is depend mainly on date of joining.At present engineers have to travel in 2nd class and his subordinate technician can travel in 1st class by virtue of earlier joining in service.Same time the spouse of railway employee who is working in any govt dept can not avail his/her ltc in 1st class or flight as rule didnot permit .Now railway is thinking about to revise the pass rule but not yet finalised.
    No solution seen in the annomaly/unrest arised out of MACP.As the GP is the deciding factor of status ,it was better to keep gp unchanged during financial upgradation and it may compensate by increase in pay band.Any way a goback is not possible now.

+ Reply to Thread