+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: pre 1996 Pensioners _ parity

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

hi All

Railway Pensioners' Samaj, Chennai also have sent their representation on the disparity in parity of pension between the pre and post 2006 pensioners consequent to the 6th cpc related OMs, to the Secy, Min. of P,PG & P on 1.11.2008.

Copy of their representation can be seen on the website of RREWA- www.rrewa.org
    We are encouraged by the action of the samaj!

vnatarajan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi All

I had requested the Administration of the RREWA to further pursue the fight against injustice issue on 4th Nov 2008 and their prompt response/ appraisal of the issue are reproduced below, for info. of all:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The request I made to RREWA/RSCWA Exec` Council:

From: Natarajan V Sent On: 11/4/2008 4:29:52 PM Status: Reply Sent by Admin
    Subject:
    Injustice to Pre-2006 Pensioners
    Query:
    Sirs/ RREWA council members As a retd. Central Govt. pre-2006 penwsioner and also as the President of the Pensioners' Forum, Chennai (affiliated to the AIFPA)I, and other Co-pensioners have sent numerous representations to the DoP/PW of the Ministry of P,PG & Pensioners in October 2008 (2nd to 3rd week)on th4e issue of the wide disparity in pensions that will crop up consequent to the implementation of 6th CPC related OMs dtd 3rd and 14th Oct 2008 of DoP/PW resulting in injustice to pre-2006 pensioners. We appear to be at dead end unless RREWA/ RSCWS etc take up the matter seriously by (1)HIGHLIGHTING THE PROBLEM in the newspapers at DELHI/ other media and (2)BY ULTIMATELY APPEALING TO Hon'nle LALLU PRASAD YADAVji to intervene and resolve the problem. Otherwise many OLD/AGED/HANDICAPPED Pensioners (like me)/family pensioners/ dependents will be helpless due to the reckless/inhuman attitude of the DoP/PW & MOF. VNatarajan (on behalf of hundreds of pensioners from Chennai) 4Nov08

Their Reply
    Natarajan V Sent On: 11/4/2008 9:09:40 PM Status: Seen by You
    Subject:
    injustice to pensioners
    Query: (RREWA's Reply)

Dear friend, Ultimately we may have to go to the court.S.C. judgment is favourable to us Some of our members like Mr............... retd. CCS & Mr...............retd.CCE are trying to mobilize opinion &to bring more &more persons on one plateform.We seek co operation of more &more associations. Iam trying to convince BPS &AICCPA top brass to take up the case. Iwill request you to keep in touch through e.mail Iam giving u the addresses hereunder. Regards Sincerely Yours, S.C.M..............., e.mail pensioner77@yahoo.com & rrewa@dataone.in

ALL AFFECTED ARE REQUESTED TO PURSUE ACTIONS WITH MORE & MORE ASSOCIATIONS/ UNIONS TO JOIN WITH THE POWERFUL BODIES LIKE RREWA FOR REMEDY/ JUSTICE.

vnatarajan

hi All

Attention is drawn to the latest letter/ representation addressed by the RREWA on 8th Nov 2008 to the Secy. Min of P,PG & Ps which is an exhaustive presentation covering the pre 2006 and the trisanku post 2006 category of pensioners (some reference of 20 yr retiree is also there!) and I feel personnelly obliged to Shri Maheshwari, Gen Sec,RREWA for his deep involvement.
    He has also mentioned about all other pensioners apart from the Railway Pensioners.

Pl visit www.rrewa.org for details.

vnatarajan

hi All Pensioners/ Family Pensioners,

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THE BANKS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISBURSE EVEN OUR 'MUTILATED' PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOP/PW's OM of 14th OCT 08 BECAUSE, IN MANY CASES (INCLUDING MANY OF OURS HERE) THE PPOs DO NOT CONTAIN THE IMPORTANT INFO OF THE PAY SCALE IN WHICH THE PENSIONER RETIRED!

Consequently, the 2.26 formula is the best they can do for payments, wh is nothing but the Fitment Table of 3rd OCT's OM and wh many banks have already done.

I have thought about some alternative.

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
    CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY!

vnatarajan

Hi All

I and my friends at Chennai have not received the second part of our mutilated pension from banks so far - ie as per 14th Oct 2008. Only after that we will know/ have proof what banks do.

Till then some breathing time!

Cheers

vnatarajan

Senior Member sudacgwb

It is almost certain the govt is not going to do justice regardng the minimum pension corresponding to the minimum in the pay band corresponding to the grade pay. It is unfortunate this has happened inspite of the best efforts of the Associations.

What is shocking is that nobody has taken any action for the payment of full arrears (family pensioners, those who are above 80 years of age (pensioners or family pensioners) in one installment rather than 2 installments.

Better to be late than never. Will some one take action in this regard.

ss

Dear Mr Sudacgwb,

I am not sure how many associations/ federations of pensioners' really care for the pensioners!. I have posted a separate thread to elicit some information!. But responses are not that informative so far!

Here is what Pensioners' Forum wrote to the authorities:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PENSIONERS' FORUM, MADRAS
    [Regd.84/87]

PATRON PRESIDENT VICE PRESIDENT
    S. Soundararajan, I.A.A.S [Retd] V. Natarajan K.A.Rajagopalan,I.P.S [Retd]
    Dy.Comptroller & Auditor General [Retd] Dy. Director General [Retd] Superintendent of Police
    Geological Survey of India CBI
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address for Correspondences: A.V.Mukuntharajan, General Secretary, Pensioners’ Forum, Madras,
    1-A, Velayudham Apts, 61, Moti Lal Street, T.Nagar, Chennai - 600017
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To
    Ms. Sushma Nath
    Secretary
    Dept. of Expenditure
    Govt. of India
    New Delhi
    October 19, 200
    Dear Madam

Sub: Payment of arrears of pension / family pension

Sixty percent of the arrears of pension / family pension arising out of the revision of pension / family pension due to the implementation of the VI Central Pay Commission has been withheld due to financial constraints. In this connection we request that the matter may please be considered compassionately in the light of the following submission.

Many of the pensioners in the age group 80+, who have been sanctioned additional pension / family pension for meeting their medical needs and other vital necessities opine that the benefits meant to help in their advanced age reaches them forthwith, lest the very purpose of the VI CPC recommending it will be defeated. They feel that the benefit is extended by the VI CPC is more for meeting their vital necessities and better comfort, and not to bequeathed by their legal heirs as property, as they are quite uncertain if they will be blessed to see the next year or so. Quite a few would be delighted to see the benefits before it is too late! Many do not have any support to pursue such matters or liaise with any authorities. Many are not aware what is happening to their pensions and are resigned to the saying: ‘Ignorance is bliss’!. Everyone of us are made to feel that it is our duty to meet their expectations sooner than later.

It may be observed that the impounded arrears of 60% of most of the pensioners / family pensioners, nearly 95%, may range hardly from Rs.10,000 to Rs.20,000 each and should not cause any severe strain on the exchequer. Considering their advanced age and the uncertainty of their living to next year it is fair that their aspirations to enjoy the benefits and tide over their geriatric health problems is not only genuine but a very pressing need to be compassionately addressed.

We appeal to you, Madam to kindly reexamine the matter and use your good offices to alleviate the hardships of these hapless senior citizens and order to release all the balance of arrears in one lot without delay. Many individual Pensioners/ Groups of Pensioners have appealed to us to pursue this action on their behalf.

Our grateful thanks in advance for your pro-active and considered immediate decision.

Yours faithfully

A.V.Mukuntharajan
    General Secratary
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards
    vnatarajan

Senior Member sudacgwb

Question Grievance of senior pensioners

Dear VN!

Thank you for your prompt, as always, response. Hope the representation will receive attention of the govt of India.

I will be contacting the addressed given by you, whom I must thank for the timely action on behalf of senior citizens/pensioners.

I have one more point to make to you, which may please be seen at your conveniance:

Pensioners who were dependents before the pension revision have become "non-dependents' of their serving govt servants and consequently disadvantages are more than advantages. I will give an example (case of my mother who is 80+ and 60% handicapped (paralysis):

Her family pension was 1250 (pre 1.1.2006) and hence was official dependent on me. I was getting her medical facility, benefit of sec 80-D as she is physically challenged person. Her monthly medical bill is plus 2000 pm with additional expenses towards the whole time care taker (nursing).

Now her family pension is revised to Rs.4200/= or so and certainly above rs.3500/= minimum pension/family pension. As per the revised definition she cannot be called as my official dependent and I cannot get the medical and sec.80-D benefit.

Is there any rule "those who were dependents before the issuance of revision of family pension as per 6cpc recommendations will continue to be recognised as dependents"?

Alternatively can my mother refuse to accept the pension revision and ask the govt to continue to give old pension with revised DA so that her income will be less than Rs.3500 pm and hence my dependent?

Your response pl

ss
    Last edited by sudacgwb; 25-11-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: spell mistake

Member RSundaram is on a distinguished road

Dear SS
    This may not be a direct answer to the question posed by you on a practical situation. If you are paying income tax you may like to examine the posibilty of seeking exemption up to Rs 50,000 ( I think) with a doctor's certificate.

Junior Member REX88 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
    CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY!

vnatarajan
    Sri. VN Ji, very recently I came across an order from CIC [RTI 2nd Appellate Authority] that the pay details of any govt. employee is a public information and hence you may apply for the same under the RTI Act, to get your info. Hope this helps, - with reg, Raj.

Dear Mr Sudacgwb,

Mr RS has made some observation.
    However, from Pensioners' point of view, your query is logical. I would suggest kindly email our PF's General Secy- Mr AVMukuntharajan at mukuntharajan@gmail.com and I think he / his council members group who have good knowledge on these matters will be able to interpret and provide an answer or even suggest a course of action.

Dear Mr Rex
    RTI act is not necessary and it is a bit inconvenient for old pensioners.
    Our serving colleagues in our old Deptts are quite cooperative.
    Reg. Service Bk copy, I have given a noting in another thread, titled "Clarifications-----"
    Thanks for your interest in the discussions/ follow ups.
    vnatarajan

Senior Member sudacgwb

Default revision pension fixation

Dear VN,
    I have sent an email to gen. sec as suggested. Thank you for the contact email.

2nd Point:

The bank has not fixed the pension correctly as per the latest OM and not taken the grade pay into consideration while fixing the family pension which is clearly given in the revised OM = clarification OM on pension computation.

Also:

the revision payment fixation copy is also not given to the pensioner. ONly passbook indicates the revised family pension.

The senior citizen additional pension is also not given.

Any advise to get it revised? Communication to address given in the PPO is still not replied.

with regards

ss

Member RSundaram is on a distinguished road

Default Grievance Redressal

My dear ss
    You may be aware of the existence of a form in pensioner's portal for grievances or if the concerned Pension Disturbing Accounts Office's website it may also have a form for pensioners' grievance. You may like to utilise these facilities in addition to representing to the Branch of the Bank where the pension account is held. I had brought to the notice of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts through the form provided therein about the delay in awarding pension as per para 4.1 and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a copy of their prompt communication ( by Registered post) to my bank asking them to do the needful forthwith.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Question How to stick to pre revised family pension?

With the revision of family pension of my mother she cannot be considered as "Dependant" and I am at a disadvantageous position.

Pl let me know

how to seek the pre-revised family pension.

wether the extra allowance to the handicapped pensioners towards the service of nursing staff is available to family pensioner? (link)

the link given for SBI pensioners is given; can someone give the link for SBMysore (PDA)?

SS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4