+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ltc for mother-in-law

Junior Member dhanurdhar is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc for mother-in-law

Is there any rule which entitles LTC for mother-in-law in case of a woman employee? Please give details.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

As definition of family, a female govt employee can add her parents or in-laws as dependent family member subject to condition their income from all sources does not exceed the minimum pension, ie.e, rs 3500+dr

Dear Sir, Please tell me where I am mistaken, because the definition of family as given in LTC rules 1988 available on persmin.nic.in, is as follows

(d) "Family" means:-

(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;

(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

This definition does not include in-laws, please clarify.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dhanurdhar View Post
    Dear Sir, Please tell me where I am mistaken, because the definition of family as given in LTC rules 1988 available on persmin.nic.in, is as follows

(d) "Family" means:-

(i) the Government servant’s wife or husband, as the case may be, and two surviving unmarried children or step children wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not;

(ii) married daughters who have been divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and are wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iii) parents and/or step mother residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant;

(iv) unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried, divorced, abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant, provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

This definition does not include in-laws, please clarify.
    The definition of family for the purpose of LTC is very clear. In-laws are not entitled for LTC benefits.

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I misquoted the definition of family for medical facilities

Thank you Pathakji and Victor Sir for your effort.

+ Reply to Thread