+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Half Pay/DA

Hybrid View

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Red face Half Pay/DA

Dear Sirs/Friends,

Generally when half-pay leave is granted, DA is given accordingly (i.e. based on half-pay). But today a person challenged stating that it is not so and that half pay leave means only PAY will be half whereas DA etc. will be for FULL pay.

I disagree with him.But he wants me to show him the rule in writing. Where can I find it?

Regards

RK

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    Dear Sirs/Friends,

Generally when half-pay leave is granted, DA is given accordingly (i.e. based on half-pay). But today a person challenged stating that it is not so and that half pay leave means only PAY will be half whereas DA etc. will be for FULL pay.

I disagree with him.But he wants me to show him the rule in writing. Where can I find it?

Regards

RK
    Dear Friend,

During HPL, the leave salary is drawn @ 50% of basic pay and 100% of allowances including dearness allowance.

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

During HPL, the leave salary is drawn @ 50% of basic pay and 100% of allowances including dearness allowance.
    Sir,

Thank you for the prompt reply. This is actually new to me. Thank God, I will not be causing any financial hardship to the person due to my ignorance of rules.

Sir, now to convince my Admin officer (who also holds my previouis views), May I request for any reference/ OM etc. if available/you remember ?

Thanks againa and Regards

RKR

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Shri Venkat
    Your clarification no doubt is new for me too.

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Dear sir,

During Half Pay Leave pay will be half the amount of leave salary. DA 100% means full DA for the Half pay which means the amount of DA will be half.

sasi

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    Dear sir,

During Half Pay Leave pay will be half the amount of leave salary. DA 100% means full DA for the Half pay which means the amount of DA will be half.

sasi
    I agree with Sasi. DA is linked to Basic Pay and hence if Basic pay is half, DA will also get reduced accordingly.

Victor

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    Sir,

Thank you for the prompt reply. This is actually new to me. Thank God, I will not be causing any financial hardship to the person due to my ignorance of rules.

Sir, now to convince my Admin officer (who also holds my previouis views), May I request for any reference/ OM etc. if available/you remember ?

Thanks againa and Regards

RKR
    Dear Mr. RKR/RKP,

Regret to inform that the reply given by me was erroneous and please note the correction. DA at prescribed rates on half pay only will be admissible during HPL. The other allowances such as HRA (if admissible) and Transport allowance will be drawn at full rates (based on full pay).

+ Reply to Thread