+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non LTC-80 Tickets

Junior Member sudhirshrma is on a distinguished road

Default Non LTC-80 Tickets

I want to avail LTC in the month of December but for the destination that i have chosen, there is no LTC 80 ticket available even now. Pls advise whether i can purchase tickets on AI flight other that LTC-80 having less fare as compared to LTC80. Pls clarify whether i need to obtain permission from my office to buy non LTC-80 tickets. If any order supporting this is there pls post. Pls also mention whether i have to get anything in writing from Indian Airlines that ticket under LTC-80 is not available on that date and this fare is less than LTC-80 fare

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sudhirshrma View Post
    I want to avail LTC in the month of December but for the destination that i have chosen, there is no LTC 80 ticket available even now. Pls advise whether i can purchase tickets on AI flight other that LTC-80 having less fare as compared to LTC80. Pls clarify whether i need to obtain permission from my office to buy non LTC-80 tickets. If any order supporting this is there pls post. Pls also mention whether i have to get anything in writing from Indian Airlines that ticket under LTC-80 is not available on that date and this fare is less than LTC-80 fare
    As per latest clarification issued by FinMin on 16/9/2010 (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf) LTC-80 ticket of Air India is only to be purchased.

As the fares varies daily (even for LTC-80 tickets) it would be very difficult to conclude that the fare of non-LTC80 ticket is less than the fare of LTC-80 ticket. However, if Air India is willing to certify that the fare is less than LTC-80 then the claim should be reimbursed. However, you need to consult your PAO on this.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread