+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antivirus

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Antivirus

Sirs,
    I have installed Kaspersky in my system (Windows XP, MS Office 2003) and its license period is still valid for about 130 days. Since two days back when I am trying to update it, the process stops abruptly and it is seen from the Kaspersky box that the black list is corrupted. When tried to revert to previous database, the same problem persists. Apart from me, some of friends also use my system and since this problem appeared, I have not allowed them to use it.

Can anybody help to set right this problem

Thanks and regards
    Prasanna Kumar

PS: Expecting a quick reply from Mr. Suresh

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by prasannakumar View Post
    Sirs,
    I have installed Kaspersky in my system (Windows XP, MS Office 2003) and its license period is still valid for about 130 days. Since two days back when I am trying to update it, the process stops abruptly and it is seen from the Kaspersky box that the black list is corrupted. When tried to revert to previous database, the same problem persists. Apart from me, some of friends also use my system and since this problem appeared, I have not allowed them to use it.

Can anybody help to set right this problem

Thanks and regards
    Prasanna Kumar

PS: Expecting a quick reply from Mr. Suresh
    Dear Friend,

The Kaspersky anti virus (one year package for 3 systems) purchased by me also caused similar problems with all my systems installed with Kaspersky and I had to abandon it (Anti virus package) within two months.

I am now using free avira anti virus without any problem. Norton Anti Virus is very reliable but slows down the system.

Experts on the subject may offer their comments.

Default antivirus

Dear Mr. Venkatamji,

Thank you for your kind reply.

On trying for a quite long time, I could rectify the problem in the following manner
    Click start, then Kaspersky internet security, then modify, repair, remove, selected repair and followed the steps shown by the wizard. Now the program has been updated and is working well. Please try that

Thanks and regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr. Venkatamji,

Thank you for your kind reply.

On trying for a quite long time, I could rectify the problem in the following manner
    Click start, then Kaspersky internet security, then modify, repair, remove, selected repair and followed the steps shown by the wizard. Now the program has been updated and is working well. Please try that

Thanks and regards
    Prasanna Kumar
    Dear Friend,

That wasn’t the only problem. I had to face a number of registry related and virus related problems which has forced me to give up the software. I too uninstalled the program through add/remove program option in control panel and reinstalled the software as and when there was problem. Still the performance was not convincing and posed problems repeatedly.

Dear Mr. Venkatamji,
    Though I could rectify this problem, I am not fully satisfied with the software. I am going for some other free versions like avira without much delay.

Prasanna Kumar

Member veraich is on a distinguished road

Sir,

I have been using Avira antivirus for quite sometime and find it very effective,light weight, and updates automatically. You can google Avira to get a free download. Else u can also checkup at www.oldversion.com or www.oldapps.com.
    Old versions and oldapps site offers all previous versions of software. Why i recommend these sites is that one with old computer can download little old version which will be lightweight and less resource demanding.

Regards

Hardeep

Default antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by veraich View Post
    Sir,

I have been using Avira antivirus for quite sometime and find it very effective,light weight, and updates automatically. You can google Avira to get a free download. Else u can also checkup at www.oldversion.com or www.oldapps.com.
    Old versions and oldapps site offers all previous versions of software. Why i recommend these sites is that one with old computer can download little old version which will be lightweight and less resource demanding.

Regards

Hardeep
    Dear Mr. Hardeep
    My license for Kaspersky expired 2 days back. Instead of renewing this, I downloaded the free version of avira which is working well till now. In my office and most of the offices I visited, avira is the very widely used one and in my opinion, this would be apt for almost all computers.

Thanks and regards.
    Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr. Hardeep
    My license for Kaspersky expired 2 days back. Instead of renewing this, I downloaded the free version of avira which is working well till now. In my office and most of the offices I visited, avira is the very widely used one and in my opinion, this would be apt for almost all computers.

Thanks and regards.
    Prasanna Kumar
    this is an interesting discussion on anti virus soft ware
    many free wares like avira etc are useful
    but many paid software for home pc are available for rs 300 per year which is not high
    now a days for people using pc for banking purpose etc this is not a big amount to pay

i also read that many leading anti virus retailers themselves let loose viruses so that they can continue to alarm the pc users and market their software

Administrator Suresh has disabled reputation Suresh's Avatar

Avira Antivir is indeed one of the best free antivirus tool out there. However, if you want to try some alternatives here is a great list of free AV tools.

http://www.sofotex.com/download-blog...2011-1197.html

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

(kind attention to Shri Suresh)
    Dear All,
    I am not some expert/very experienced, but I think Quick Heal Total Security is a fantastic one (although a bit costly at Rs. 1200 single user).
    I am using it on my Win7 Home Basic and it does not slow the system even with DDR1 (1.25 gb), 2.66 GHz.
    Your comments please. Please also suggest any equivalent alternate, as the present licence is expiring in around 50 days.

Junior Member scottgayle is on a distinguished road

I also agree that Quick Heal is the best antivirus in India. I am using it for more than a year and its really good for getting your system protected from viruses and malwares. I am using a licensed version of this antivirus software.

Junior Member sebastomas is on a distinguished road

There are lots of antivirus available in market and most of them are really good, however, its good to choose a paid antivirus over free one. I am using Kaspersky and that too licensed version.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Never download free antivirus

Junior Member abigsaunder is on a distinguished road

My favorite antivirus which I am using for more than a year is Kaspersky antivirus and its really good to protect our data in computer from viruses and malwares.

Junior Member gsmbooster is on a distinguished road

I am using Quick heal antivirus program for quit some time now and its the best I have ever used. Other than that I am using Norton antivirus in my laptop as well.

Junior Member justindepp2 is on a distinguished road

I use Avast Free AV 5. It's awesome, and has really helped me.

Junior Member maruthir is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by justindepp2 View Post
    I use Avast Free AV 5. It's awesome, and has really helped me.
    Same here, I have been using Avast Free Edition Antivirus since years. It was really a great security resource. Mainly Sandbox feature is very helpful while opening suspicious files.

Junior Member m2k_kastoor is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down Free Antivirus....

Respected Members,
    In addition to all opinions, I am to further suggest that please don't use free version of antivirus of any brand as they won't be able to detect the hidden trojan, spywares, ets. in your OS with restricted database specially when you are using E-banking services and may provide a link to the hacker into your system even without your knowledge in form of a Pop-up, unwanted toolbars and other softwares.

All your sensitive, personal data may be copied by third persons. Propriety anti virus though costly but helps to keep all your data safe from hidden vulnerability of each OS.

Regards
    Regards
    M2K

+ Reply to Thread