+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can dept order for salary payment through bank without concent of employee

Junior Member rabinkumar_dutta is on a distinguished road

Post can dept order for salary payment through bank without concent of employee

Iam emplyee of central excise dept. I like to know whether dept order for salary payment through bank without concent of myself. I like to opt to draw my salry through a bank nearest to my residence/HQ which is also authorised by chief controller of accounts vide his letter coord/Exp/cheques/2002-03/524 dated 28.1.03.
    Please inform with specific orderof gov of india.
    R.DUTTA.BANKURA

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    In most of the private sector ventures, payment of salary through banks is mandatory. To the best of my knowledge, in government departments, this method is not mandatory but optional. This may be due to non availabilty of requred facilities like ATM, Net banking etc in remote areas. Normally, the crediting of salries would be done on request of the employees, but I think generally the offices credit will be done if the employee has an accout in a bank where the office account is being operated. However, the office may credit your salary to the accounts in other banks if opted by the employees and if the accout is an outstation one, the collection/transfer charges have to be met by the employee.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rabinkumar_dutta View Post
    Iam emplyee of central excise dept. I like to know whether dept order for salary payment through bank without concent of myself. I like to opt to draw my salry through a bank nearest to my residence/HQ which is also authorised by chief controller of accounts vide his letter coord/Exp/cheques/2002-03/524 dated 28.1.03.
    Please inform with specific orderof gov of india.
    R.DUTTA.BANKURA
    Dear friend,

Department can not order salary payment through bank without the consent of the employee concerned. According to Central Government Accounts (Receipt & Payment) Rules 1983, government servants are permitted to draw their salary etc. in cash or by cheque at their option. This has not been amended.

regards

sasi

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

As per RP Rules salary shall be drawn through treasury, which is considered as the official banker of the organisation. While salary to Gr B, C & D is disbursed in cash or through bank at his consent salary to a group A employee isdisbursed through bank

Junior Member mefraphael is on a distinguished road

The Central Government Accounts (Receipts and Payments) Rules 1983 have been amended, inter alia, to provide for issue of Payment advices to the banks for direct credit by electronic transfer to the specified bank account of the payee. Ministry of Finance OM No F.No.1(1)/2011/TA/292 dated 31-3-2012

+ Reply to Thread