+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Non-Protection of Grade pay for request transfer to lower grade pay post

Junior Member TRIMURTHY is on a distinguished road

Default Non-Protection of Grade pay for request transfer to lower grade pay post

I was working as Hd.Clerk in the grade pay Rs.4200 in the Railways and during 2007
    I got transferred to another Division of same Zone to the lower grade post of Rs.2800 as Sr.Clerk on request transfer. On implementation of 6th PC though I was given the Grade pay of Rs.4200 upto my transfer on joining the new division my Grade Pay has been reduced to Rs.2800, thereby approximately Rs.2000/- (Rs.1400 G.Pay diffference + D.A etc) has been reduced.

In terms of DOPT order F.No. 13/9/2009-Estt(Pay-I) dated 21st October, 2009, it has been clarified that for transfer to lower grade pay post only pay will be protected and grade pay of the lower post will only granted.

In the 5th Pay Commission there had been provision for protection of pay, by this my pay was protected and I was given the same pay even after joining the new division during 2007 but after implementation of 6th PC the grade pay has been reduced.

Would this anmoly be set right by protecting the Grade pay also for any transfer.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TRIMURTHY View Post
    I was working as Hd.Clerk in the grade pay Rs.4200 in the Railways and during 2007
    I got transferred to another Division of same Zone to the lower grade post of Rs.2800 as Sr.Clerk on request transfer. On implementation of 6th PC though I was given the Grade pay of Rs.4200 upto my transfer on joining the new division my Grade Pay has been reduced to Rs.2800, thereby approximately Rs.2000/- (Rs.1400 G.Pay diffference + D.A etc) has been reduced.

In terms of DOPT order F.No. 13/9/2009-Estt(Pay-I) dated 21st October, 2009, it has been clarified that for transfer to lower grade pay post only pay will be protected and grade pay of the lower post will only granted.

In the 5th Pay Commission there had been provision for protection of pay, by this my pay was protected and I was given the same pay even after joining the new division during 2007 but after implementation of 6th PC the grade pay has been reduced.

Would this anmoly be set right by protecting the Grade pay also for any transfer.
    Dear Friend,

Pay protection is envisaged only in the case of pay in the pay band and not grade pay.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

I too agree with Mr Venkat. In this case only basic pay has to be protected. Grade pay be reduced

Junior Member manojokha is on a distinguished road

Dear sir,
    please clarify that above employee will be granted 3% increment on his next promotion in addition to difference of Rs 1400 of grade pay or not, because his basic is not reduced. His pay is reduced only by 1400 and DA .

+ Reply to Thread