+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clarification for transfer grant

Junior Member muthupm_1234 is on a distinguished road

Cool Clarification for transfer grant

I have joined dgaqa,min of defence on sep 2006 based on upsc selection from ordnance factory,min of defence where i was permanent employee since 2003.

Now i want to know whether am i eligible for getting traveling transfer allowance (i.e. Permenant trfr allowances )
    pl clarify.
    Nb: I have got joining time and joining time pay also.

Kp muthu

Senior Member sudacgwb

Default Transfer TA

You will be getting the rates as applicable after the revision of Trasnfer TA rates as you have not yet joined and still to complete the joining process. You should claim keeping the new rates in your claim bill.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Default transfer grant

I beg to differ fr ssjee's view.

SSjee appears to have proceeded on the fact that the individual is yet to join the new post. If the individual is yet to join the new post, he would not have come up with the question/doubt.

To me, it appears that the individual took up the new appointment(ofcourse on technical resignation, like I did way back in 1992) in Sept 2006. Now he (muthujee) appears to be under the impression that the way pay is refixed with effect from 1.1.2006, (he thinks)he is entitled to differential amount between the figures based on current Rules and the earlier ones.

If my fear is confirmed and if Muthu talks of some transfer in Sept 2006, then, he must understand that the

The revised TA Rules take effect from 1st of September 2008, and even in the cases where the Bills had been processed and settled on or before 22.09.2008, such cases will not be reopened.

Junior Member SUNIL is on a distinguished road

I was transferred in April 2008 and took over new assignment in May 2008. I have not taken transfer advance and did not submitted my TA bill till now. Now after implementation of SPC, what would be my composite transfer grant.

The new TA rules are effective from 01.09.2008. A transfer order was passed in July 2008. The person was relieved on 24.08.2008. His under took his journey on 28.08.2008 and took over the new charge on 02.09.2008. What would be his composite transfer grant.

Please clarify the effective date 01.09.2008 refer to which event.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Sunil

Order somehow are very clear on the issue. The journeys performed after 1/9/2008 will only be governed under new rule. In your case all benefits related to transfer will be setteled as per old rules. There is no chance of higher transfer grnt. Sorry.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Transfer Grant as on the date of transfer order

Going by page # 212 of Swamy'sHandbook, (SR 116(b)(iii), the Grade of the officer is governed on the basis of the facts on the date of his transfer.

In my view, the date of issuance of the Transfer Order shoud be reckoned as the date of transfer and the date on which the individual is relieved or the date on which he joins duty can not form the basis for the purpose of reckoning the date of transfer.

Even otherwise, in the instant case every thing has been completed in May 2008. Just because the invidual has not taken Advance or just because he has not preferred claims, the individual can not stake claim for the higher Transfer Grant.
    Having said this, I feel sorry for the officer, for, had the Govt recd the cpc report in time and implemented on or before 31.03.2006, all the officers would have stood benefited(Annual General Transfer Orders, are generally issued on or after April 1st every year.
    With Regards,
    Badri

Senior Member sudacgwb

Exclamation

Dear BDji,

I mistook sep 2006 as sep 2008 in the first place. I stand corrected. I didn't expect somebody to rise query in respect of TA claim of 2006!

ss

Junior Member madhavan73 is on a distinguished road
    Vizag presently. I hail from Mannargudi (TN)

Post Composite Transfer Grant on public interest transfer

Dear Members,

I need clarification on the following issue.(plz. quote if any notification/circular u know on support of ur reply) thanks.

I was transfered (public interest) from Ahmedabad to Visakhapatnam

Date -- Event
    09-04-2009 -- Transfer order issued
    13-04-2009 -- Applied for Advance (TA/composite grant etc)
    17-04-2009 -- Receipt of advance money / Relieved @ old HQ
    18-04-2009 -- Date of Travel
    20-04-2009 -- Reported to Duty @ New HQ
    24-06-2009 -- Put up TA claim for settlement
    aug/sep 09 -- TA claim settled by appropriate authority

----------------------------------- My Pay in PB was 22280, GP 6600
    Later I received my promotional order

13-04-2009 --> Approval of promotion (confidential)
    07-07-2009 -- Notification of promotion (to officers promoted)
    09-09-2009 -- Pay fixed as per promoted grade
    PB - 23140 & GP 7600 with effect from 01-08-2008

Though on the date of transfer/travel/relief/joining etc., the pay was old, as the promotion effective from 01-08-2008, I believe I am eligible for 'transfer grand ie one month PB+GP' as the revised one due to the promotion.

Am I right? Please clarify.

Thanks ..
    Madhavan S
    4:30 PM,
    22nd Oct 2009.
    Last edited by madhavan73; 22-10-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: to correct a wrong sentence

Member venkatcustoms is on a distinguished road

Default transfer grant - clarification

Dear Madhavan,

you have not mentioned when you received the promotion order.

If you have received the promotion order after you have received the transfer grant (in the old pay), i think you can make a written request to your Administrative officer to re-work the transfer grant.

The promotion is due from last year August itself and it may not be your fault in receiving the promotion belatedly and so, you can request the Administration to re-work the transfer grant.

I hope Shri. jithendraacr would express his views.

+ Reply to Thread