+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vrs

Junior Member K.B.Dhruwanshi is on a distinguished road

Question Vrs

I have completed 22 years of Service in Railways and my age is 57 years. I have given 3 months advance notice for Voluntary retirement from Railway Service. There is no Vigilance or DAR case against me. Now, I want to know, on what specific grounds my request for VRS may be rejected by the competent authority.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by K.B.Dhruwanshi View Post
    I have completed 22 years of Service in Railways and my age is 57 years. I have given 3 months advance notice for Voluntary retirement from Railway Service. There is no Vigilance or DAR case against me. Now, I want to know, on what specific grounds my request for VRS may be rejected by the competent authority.

Generally, it is seen that there are no disciplinary/vigilance cases pending or contemplated. Otherwise, the notice of Voluntary Retirement is accepted. I don't see any other impediments in your case.

Comments/Views of other members are welcome.

Victor
    (pva)

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default vrs

When a person tenders resignation or request for vrs it is presumed that he is a disinterested employee(.) and as per rules a disinterested employee may not be forced to retain in service unless it is badly needed(.) so far as any vigilance/disciplinary proceedings are concerned these can be continued even after retirement if offences are grave(.) rest is with competent authority

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default vrs

Dear Mr. Dhruvanshiji,

The management has the right to accept or reject any request for VRS. Generally rejection of a VRS request will be done if any vigilance/disciplinary proceedings are existing or intended to be instituted. I feel, there is no reason for rejection your request when you are willing to relinquish the job and any management may not force the employee to continue. However, there are instances of efficient employees are politely compelled to withdraw their option.

Regards

Prasanna Kumar
    Last edited by prasannakumar; 14-08-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,

An employee opting to retire voluntarily under Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 after putting in 30 years or more of qualifying service can do so by issuing notice of 3 months without the need to seek approval/permission of appointing authority. Disciplinary action, if any, pending against the employee may impede the ease of retirement. In cases of QS less than 30 years when one seeks to retire under FR 56 K permission of competent authority will be essential before expiry of the notice period.

Junior Member K.B.Dhruwanshi is on a distinguished road

Post Vrs

Dear friends,
    I am very much thankful to all the members who have given their valuable inputs/views to my post on VRS. I am overwhelmed by your timely response.
    Thanking all of you once again and my good wishes for Independence Day.

K.B.Dhruwanshi

+ Reply to Thread