+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay fixation on promotion to SAME GRADE after passing Section officer Grade Exams

Junior Member gurmeet_raja is on a distinguished road

Question Pay fixation on promotion to SAME GRADE after passing Section officer Grade Exams

Hi...! I am Gurmeet Singh, working as Assistant Accounts officer in Indian Audit and Accounts Department. I was working as Divisional Accounts officer-I in the field cadre of Indian Audit and Accounts Department in the payband 9300-34800(GP-4800) before being promoted as Assistant Accounts officer in the Head Office on passing Departmental Section Officer(Now A.A.O) Grade Exam carrying pay band 9300-34800(GP-4800). My date of promotion is 09/04/010. I opted for pay fixation on promotion from date of next increment i.e 01/07/2010 under FR 22(1)(a). But my office is denying me my promotional increment and giving me only one increment @ 3% i.e annual increment on 01/07/2010 on the ground that my promotion is from one post to another post carrying same GRADE PAY of 4800.

If I would have opted for pay fixation on 09/04/2010. Going by the logic of Administration I would not have got promotional increment on that date also. But than administration also could not have given me annual increment on 01/07/2010 because i would not have completed minimum six month service as Assistant Accounts officer after promotion on 09/04/2010. That means I would have got penalised, by getting denied even annual increment, because I got promoted to the post carrying same GRADE PAY.

Is this pay fixation right....?

If its right than what is the benefit of promotion and also passing Departmental Section Officer Grade Exams. If I was to be given only one increment than Why did Administration asked me to submit my option for pay fixation with in one month from date of promotion....?

Can Anybody answer this....?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gurmeet_raja View Post
    Hi...! I am Gurmeet Singh, working as Assistant Accounts officer in Indian Audit and Accounts Department. I was working as Divisional Accounts officer-I in the field cadre of Indian Audit and Accounts Department in the payband 9300-34800(GP-4800) before being promoted as Assistant Accounts officer in the Head Office on passing Departmental Section Officer(Now A.A.O) Grade Exam carrying pay band 9300-34800(GP-4800). My date of promotion is 09/04/010. I opted for pay fixation on promotion from date of next increment i.e 01/07/2010 under FR 22(1)(a). But my office is denying me my promotional increment and giving me only one increment @ 3% i.e annual increment on 01/07/2010 on the ground that my promotion is from one post to another post carrying same GRADE PAY of 4800.

If I would have opted for pay fixation on 09/04/2010. Going by the logic of Administration I would not have got promotional increment on that date also. But than administration also could not have given me annual increment on 01/07/2010 because i would not have completed minimum six month service as Assistant Accounts officer after promotion on 09/04/2010. That means I would have got penalised, by getting denied even annual increment, because I got promoted to the post carrying same GRADE PAY.

If its right than what is the benefit of promotion and also passing Departmental Section Officer Grade Exams. If I was to be given only one increment than Why did Administration asked me to submit my option for pay fixation with in one month from date of promotion....?

Dear Friend,

It is very unfortunate that on promotion a person is made to face financial dis-advantage.

Rule 13 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 would need to be made more transparent. This rule provides for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure on promotion “from one grade pay to another”. There is no provision prescribed for fixation of pay on promotion from one post to another when both the posts carry the same grade pay.

Anomaly committee may also look into this issue as it would be a clear anomaly when a person promoted to a post carrying the same grade pay during the period between Jan-June of the year is denied an annual increment. Pity on such a Government servant.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gurmeet_raja View Post

Unfortunately, Rule 13 of CCS(RP) Rules provides for fixation in cases of "promotion from one grade pay to another" thereby implying that Grade Pay should change in the event of promotion. Your Cadre Controlling Authority should have looked at this aspect and accordingly revised the cadre hierarchy suitably. If the Authority has taken a conscious decision to keep the feeder and promotional post in the same Grade Pay then they should have also taken a concious decision regarding fixation of pay on promotion. Incidentally, what was the system under the 5CPC. Then also were the scales same. How fixation was done on promotion.

As regards the hyptothetical case that had you opted for pay fixation w.e.f. 9.4.2010 you would have not got the annual increment on 1.7.2010 as you did not complete 6 months service as AAO, let me clarify that increment after 6CPC is given with reference to the service completed in the "revised pay structure" and not with reference to the sevice rendered in a particular post. So you would have got the annual increment on 1.7.2010 since you were drawing a particular band pay and grade pay for more than 6 months.

Your case would need to be referred to the competent authority for a special dispensation.

Victor
    (pva)

+ Reply to Thread