+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Rules for Final withdrawl from GPF

  1. #1
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default Rules for Final withdrawl from GPF

    As i have resigned govt service after getting selected in CPSU And applied for final payment from my GPF and the matter is pending with my pay and accounts officier, while applying i have seen the rules for the case to be settled within six months but i am unable to get it now and also can't get it through net ,if any body is having the copy or knowing the link please help .

    thanks

    rakesh mehra

  2. #2
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshmehra30 View Post
    As i have resigned govt service after getting selected in CPSU And applied for final payment from my GPF and the matter is pending with my pay and accounts officier, while applying i have seen the rules for the case to be settled within six months but i am unable to get it now and also can't get it through net ,if any body is having the copy or knowing the link please help .

    thanks

    rakesh mehra
    Dear Friend,

    Following is the link for the Form of application for final payment in the GPF.
    http://mospi.nic.in/final_payment.pdf

    The application will have to be routed through the Head of Office (at the time of retirement) and the payment will also be made only through the same channel. You will be entitled for interest on your balance till the date of release by PAO. There does not seem to be any time limit for settlement of final balance in the GPF account. Instructions exist to ensure release of the balance to retirees on superannuation on the day following the date of retirement.

    You may have to be in touch with your former Head of Office who is the authority responsible to make the payment.

  3. #3
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default gpf final payment

    Your previous office should have settled the pf account within a period of six months from the cessation of service(.) in case4e you are not employed in an organsation where the scheme of gpf is not there you will paid the amount other wise it will be transferred to new office(.) in any case you have to approach your previous office

  4. #4
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    thanks tvenkatam and pathak ji for your responses, but i am suffering from the actions of account s department as abt 2 years have. passed since my resignation but till date i have not received the gratuity and gpf balance ok iwill get the interest on gpf but whay abt the gratuity, also plz guide what should be done to get the case settled at the earliest.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Mehra
    It is really unfortunate that you have not been paid for last 2 years. It is enough. Definitely you must have tried all channels. I only wish to confirm (i) what is the actual problem you have been told for non payment of GPF and Gratuity (ii) date of your joining in Govt. service and (iii) whether pension scheme is available in your new office.
    Your replies on these may help us to find out the exact solution.
    Jitendra

  6. #6
    Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Payyanur, Kerala
    Posts
    303

    Default pensioner's benefits

    Dear Mr. Mehra,
    In my opinion the delay may be due to the officers/officials handling this issue are either unaware of the rules governing the issue or misinterpreting the rules or taking things very casually or ...................

    In any case, this inordinate delay of 2 years is unpardonable.

    Please be in constant touch with the office you have worked last and the head office

    Best wishes and regards
    Prasanna Kumar

  7. #7
    Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Payyanur, Kerala
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

    Following is the link for the Form of application for final payment in the GPF.
    http://mospi.nic.in/final_payment.pdf

    The application will have to be routed through the Head of Office (at the time of retirement) and the payment will also be made only through the same channel. You will be entitled for interest on your balance till the date of release by PAO. There does not seem to be any time limit for settlement of final balance in the GPF account. Instructions exist to ensure release of the balance to retirees on superannuation on the day following the date of retirement.

    You may have to be in touch with your former Head of Office who is the authority responsible to make the payment.
    Dear Mr. tvenkatamji
    Providing such proforma of representations for the benefit of g. connectors is commendable.

    My request to the administrators of this forum is, like admin forms and circular corner, whether a page in our g.connect for such representations shall be opened.

    Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

  8. #8
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    thanks every body for ur concerns.
    jitendra ji the actual problem with my case is it is that my office has send my papers to pay and accounts office but thay have not mention their that whether my case is under technical resignation and asked pao to decide the pao has asked three times from office for some clarification the office has replied also but the pao is not satisfied with the response at present the pao is asking who is the competant authority to grant me permission to appear for exam and also to issue NOC the office repies the head of the office who is Station engineer but the pao says it shoukd be the chief engineer who sits at zonal head quarter,also my date of joining govt dept was nov 2002 and resigned on oct 2008 and i have joined central public sector undertaking here it is cpf and not gff and pension. if u could plz help and advice whether i should go to cat and some guidance how to file through cat. i have also written and talked to zonal headquarter but they say the as my service book and other files are with my office the matter is to solved between my office and pao;

    thanks
    rakesh

  9. #9
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Mehra,
    Since you have joined a PSU where no pension scheme is applicable, there is no question of counting your past service and thus question of asking who is the competent authority to issue NOC is completely invalid.
    You must have joined the PSU after submitting 'resignation' and not the 'Technical Resignation' which is applicable only if you joined from one office of Central/State Govt. to another office of the Central or State Govt.
    Again, since you had submitted a resignation from govt. office, you are not entitled for any pension or gratuity but eligible only for GPF final withdrawl and encashment of half of earned leave at your credit nothing else. I think you should approach to PAO of your old office and ask them to refund of GPF amount as well as encashment of EL. There will be no problem. Contact them personally for early disposal of case. Your service book must be with your old office and thus they can easily verify the EL at your credit.
    To file a case in CAT though not difficult, is not adviseble here. It is the last course of action. First you should approach for admissible payment only. There is no point to linger on this case by any of your office. PSU in which you are employed at present has no role to play in payment of your dues admissible in old office.
    with regards,
    Jitendra

  10. #10
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    thanks jitendraji but as far as i know and interpreted the rule from swamy diary i am eligible for both service and retirement gratuity and full encashment of el(and also for hpl after sixth pay commission), as i have joined central psu and after takinf permission and obtaining noc,as mentioned in swamy diary in section quitting service other than superannuation in the topic absorbtion in cpsu it is also mentioned there that in this case resignation will be treated as technical formality and employee will be deemed to be retired, so i kindly request u to refer to the abv mentioned section and reply whether my interpretation is right or not also if u have some idea how to go to cat plz guide.

    regards
    rakesh

  11. #11
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    mr mehra is right
    some of my friends in defence accounts have joined BHEL and got pension for defence service,if service rendered is more than 10 years

  12. #12
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshmehra30 View Post
    thanks jitendraji but as far as i know and interpreted the rule from swamy diary i am eligible for both service and retirement gratuity and full encashment of el(and also for hpl after sixth pay commission), as i have joined central psu and after takinf permission and obtaining noc,as mentioned in swamy diary in section quitting service other than superannuation in the topic absorbtion in cpsu it is also mentioned there that in this case resignation will be treated as technical formality and employee will be deemed to be retired, so i kindly request u to refer to the abv mentioned section and reply whether my interpretation is right or not also if u have some idea how to go to cat plz guide.

    regards
    rakesh
    If you have applied through proper channel and submitted a technical resignation from the Government, then your case will be covered under Rule 37 of CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972. You will be deemed to have retired from service from the date of absorption and also be eligible to receive retirement benefits viz. Pension, Gratuity, Commutation of Pension, Full EL encashment, etc. Your PF balance will be transferred to the new PF A/c under the PSU. In case the PSU does not allow transfer, then the PF balance will be paid to you.

    Victor

  13. #13
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    thanks mr victor
    ya i applied through proper channel and obtained noc for interview, would you please clarify the term technical resignation, as i read in swamy diary that in this cases the resignation is treated and technical formality so i just applied as resignation and mention the reason to join the public sector, please clarify.

    regards
    Rakesh

  14. #14
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshmehra30 View Post
    thanks mr victor
    ya i applied through proper channel and obtained noc for interview, would you please clarify the term technical resignation, as i read in swamy diary that in this cases the resignation is treated and technical formality so i just applied as resignation and mention the reason to join the public sector, please clarify.

    regards
    Rakesh

    Generally a letter of resignation means that you are severing your ties with the Government for good. This results in forfeiture of service and no pensionary benefits are admissible. However, where the resignation is given with a view to secure employment in a PSU/ Autonomous Body (with proper permission) then the resignation is treated as a technical formality and will hence will not result in forfeiture of service for the purpose of retirement benefits.

    In your case as you have mentioned the reason in your resignation letter and also applied through proper channel, your resignation should be treated as a technical formality and you will be deemed to have retired from service from the date of absorption in the PSU.

    By the way, have you received any pensionary benefits so far.

    Victor

  15. #15
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Dear Mr. Mehra,

    You may kindly go through the OMs of the link given below and ascertain if you have fulfilled all the conditions laid down for ‘immediate absorption’ to CPSU. You should have obtained proper permission of the authority competent to accept resignation for ‘immediate absorption’ in CPSU.

    http://dpe.nic.in/newgl/glch02e2.htm

    http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...ount310387.htm

    You may also refer in depth the related orders printed under Appendix 11 of the Swamys Pension Compilation for further guidance.

    Since you had put in only about 6 years of service you may be eligible only for payment of gratuity, leave encashment and transfer/settlement of GPF and no lump-sum of pension equivalent.

    Application and procedure for payment of Gratuity are given in the following link.

    http://labour.nic.in/act/acts/Ruleso...OfGratuity.doc
    Last edited by tvenkatam; 20-08-2010 at 01:20 PM.

  16. #16
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Smile

    Thankyou very much tvenkatam sir

    thanks once again sir link given by u will be really helpfull for me but as i have already written that my case is pending due to lack of clarity between PAO & my HOD and they haven't decided what to do and this delay is causing me financial and mental tension, i ahve written to my HOD, PAO and also my Zonal head so i need ur help kindly guide what to do next should i go to CAT or i should apply to secretary of the ministry, i have also filled online grieaverance through pgportal last month on 19/07/10 its status is showing that my case was forwarded to director general of my dept on 20/07 but no progress after that, plz guide.

    regards

    Rakesh

  17. #17
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakeshmehra30 View Post
    Thankyou very much tvenkatam sir

    thanks once again sir link given by u will be really helpfull for me but as i have already written that my case is pending due to lack of clarity between PAO & my HOD and they haven't decided what to do and this delay is causing me financial and mental tension, i ahve written to my HOD, PAO and also my Zonal head so i need ur help kindly guide what to do next should i go to CAT or i should apply to secretary of the ministry, i have also filled online grieaverance through pgportal last month on 19/07/10 its status is showing that my case was forwarded to director general of my dept on 20/07 but no progress after that, plz guide.

    regards

    Rakesh
    Dear Mr. Mehra,

    There will be no advantage to prefer appeals and litigation before you exhaust the avenues available for remedy. The problem apparently lies with the administration of your former office.

    The PAO perhaps is unclear about the status of your absorption in CPSU. Your former office is required to take a clear view on this. Since they have issued NOC to your taking up new assignment at CPSU, they should indicate of their permission granted by them to PAO and request PAO to grant eligible gratuity, encashment of leave salary (if any) and final settlement/transfer of GPF (taking into account the kind of PF available to you in your new office). At the time of relieving you from your former office the relieving order must mention your new assignment/post at CPSU and a copy should have been endorsed to your new office. If there is any lacuna on this aspect, the PAO is likely to seek more information before releasing final balance of GPF as there is every likelihood of your new office seeking transfer of the fund to your account with them.

    As I already suggested, you have to take up the issue with your Head of Office of the former Government office. Ask them to take a clear view on the status of your ‘immediate absorption’ in CPSU and the permission accorded by them. If there is any ambiguity in the ‘permission’ granted and/or the competence of the authority that granted permission you intervene to sort out the issue afresh. Instead of prolonging the issue for legitimizing (if it is so) the ‘permission’ for appointment on immediate absorption in CPSU, you may also consider and opt to loose the gratuity in which case the other two bills of leave encashment and final balance of GPF could find early settlement.

    In my view, you must be in touch with your former office for processing all your applications/ Bills.
    Last edited by tvenkatam; 21-08-2010 at 11:41 AM.

  18. #18
    Member rakeshmehra30 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    53

    Smile

    but tvenkatamji my office is saying that the matter is pending with PAO and the decision is to be taken by PAO, and i have no choice in that case but to wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Is withdrawl from GPF taxable ?
    By mnrao in forum GPF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
  2. Conduct Rules
    By manikandan in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
  3. Part final withdrawal
    By Priyavarshini in forum GPF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2010, 06:33 PM
  4. final withdrawl after resignation
    By rakeshmehra30 in forum GPF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-09-2009, 12:30 AM
  5. what are the rules for transfer?
    By nriyer64 in forum Transfer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts