+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change of grade pay from Rs.4800 to Rs.5400 on non functional upgradation

Junior Member NARESH RAMJIBHAI PARMAR is on a distinguished road

Default Change of grade pay from Rs.4800 to Rs.5400 on non functional upgradation

I have been promoted as Income-tax Officer w.e.f.6.2.2006 and I completed 4 years on 6.2.2010. Initially my promotion was adhoc which was regularized on 1st November, 2006. My querry is as on which date, I will be treated to have put in " four years regular service"i.e. on 6.02.2010(on completion of my four years of holding post as ITO on adhoc basis) or 01.11.2010(when my promotion was regularized. Give the correct answer with all possible clarifications on definition of "regular service" for non-functional upgradation purpose. The first notification dated 29.08.2008 and the CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 do not stipulate "regular service" but "after completion of four years of service". Give me correct answer.

Junior Member mayihelpyouonline is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NARESH RAMJIBHAI PARMAR View Post
    I have been promoted as Income-tax Officer w.e.f.6.2.2006 and I completed 4 years on 6.2.2010. Initially my promotion was adhoc which was regularized on 1st November, 2006. My querry is as on which date, I will be treated to have put in " four years regular service"i.e. on 6.02.2010(on completion of my four years of holding post as ITO on adhoc basis) or 01.11.2010(when my promotion was regularized. Give the correct answer with all possible clarifications on definition of "regular service" for non-functional upgradation purpose. The first notification dated 29.08.2008 and the CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 do not stipulate "regular service" but "after completion of four years of service". Give me correct answer.
    Dear Sir,

On completion of four years of Regular service as ITO.

yours
    akhilesh
    mayihelpyouonline.com

Junior Member NARESH RAMJIBHAI PARMAR is on a distinguished road

Default Change of grade pay further clarification

Thank you Akhilesh. I am a new member to this discussion Board. My specific query is what is the definition of "regular service" for this purpose. If the period of my ad-hoc promotion as ITO from 6.2.2006 to 1.11.2006 is excluded for this purpose, I would be entitled for change of grade pay from Rs.4800/- to Rs.5400/- w.e.f. 2.11.2010 and not 06.02.2010. I did not fine any statutory definition of "regular service" from any of the F.Rs./S.Rs., Pay Rules or anywhere which can support our understanding of four years of regular service. Please study more and reply.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default regular service

service rendered on adhoc basis not conisdered as rgular serice

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NARESH RAMJIBHAI PARMAR View Post
    Regular service means service in a post held in a substantive capacity. Such service counts for regular promotion in terms of relevant Recruitment/Service Rules.

In your case does the ad hoc service count for promotion to the next grade. If the anser is NO then obviously it won't count towards grant of Rs. 5400 GP also. The recommendation of the 6CPC implies regular service. Hypothetically, had you continued on adhoc basis for four years, then do you justify grant of 5400 GP.

Victor
    (pva)

Junior Member Vigneshwar is on a distinguished road

Dear parmar
    All are talking about placement in post. It is not promotion which counts. Just go back to the Resolution of Pay Commission. It clearly says "As per Clause (x)(e) of the Govt. of India Resolution dated 29.8.2008, “Group B officers of the Department of Posts, Revenue, etc will be granted Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400 in PB-2 on non-functional basis after 4 years of regular service in the Grade Pay of Rs.4800 in PB-2.
    Even in Revised Pay Rules 2008 it clearly stated that "As per Part-C, Section-II of the CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 dated 29.8.2008 under the heading Department of Revenue, , at Sl.No.9, it is indicated that Superintendents, Apprisers, ITOs etc.shall be granted Grade Pay of 5400 in PB-2 after 4 years of Service.
    No where it is stated that it will be given to only substantive ITOs. Once they say Grade Pay it has to be only grade pay not post.

Therefore the clarifications given by DOPT in violation of the Resolution are required to be struck down.

Please apply to the concerned authority if not go to CAT.

+ Reply to Thread