+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New incometax rule and hra rule

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Question New incometax rule and hra rule

Respected Sir,
    I'am working in central govt. service and not availing HRA as my wife working in Public Undertaking who has been provided accomodation by her employer.But as per new incometax rule those who are provided accomodation by PSU,U/T,private and corporate sector have to pay incometax for their accomodation as per some calculation which is a big amount.This rule is not applicable for govt.sector.As usual they are not geting HRA and have to pay maintenance charge.For depriving HRA to spouse U/Ts are treated in par with govt.sector and for deducting more tax U/Ts are treated in par with private sector.I n short working couples are depriving major part of their payment.Unions not caring as these categories were blamed as "double income group".Please give advice for solution.
    Thanking you,
    ABJ,MUMBAI.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Hra

AS PER TRADITIONAL HRA RULE WHERE THE SPOUSE OF GOVT SERVANT HAS BEEN ALLOTTED GOVT ACCOMMDATION AT A PLACE OF HIS POSTING HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR HRA. HOWEVER, NOW PSUs THOUSE WHO HAVE PROVIDED ACCOMMODATION TO THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE CONSIERING IT A PERKS AND STAFF ARE LIABLE TO PAY TAX(.) CENTRAL GOVT HAS NOT DONE THIS FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES(.)

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Question Hra rule

Dear Sir,
    Pathaks sir,thank you for giving reply to my post.As new incometax rule and old HRA rule is contradictory please give advice for further representation.As per my understanding, as this is a mater involving various departments, solution to be come from concerned common sourse.

+ Reply to Thread