+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Promotion and Increment

Junior Member manikandan is on a distinguished road

Red face Promotion and Increment

I have been promoted as LDC on 31.12.2009 and joined the new cadre on 31.12.2009. Even after six months my pay has not been fixed since i have not received my nomination order to this commissionerate, but I have joined in the new cadre and joining report has been issued. Is there any rule that only after the receipt of nomination order, the pay has to be fixed?

I have received my first acp to the grade of pay of Rs.1900 from Rs.1800 with effect from 01.09.2008. I have received my promotion on 31.12.2009 and grade pay in the promotional cadre is Rs.1900/-. I have been told that if the promotion to the same grade pay, i will not be allowed another increment? Is it correct, if so please give me the rules that govern the same.
    Last edited by manikandan; 05-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default acp vs promotion

acp is a kind of upgradation in lieu of promotion in the absence of suitable number of vacancy and pay fixation is done. as an when vacancy arise a govt servant is promoted to the post. since pay fixation has alrady been done at the time acp no refixation shall be done on promotion. only designation shall be changed

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by manikandan View Post
    I have been promoted as LDC on 31.12.2009 and joined the new cadre on 31.12.2009. Even after six months my pay has not been fixed since i have not received my nomination order to this commissionerate, but I have joined in the new cadre and joining report has been issued. Is there any rule that only after the receipt of nomination order, the pay has to be fixed?

I have received my first acp to the grade of pay of Rs.1900 from Rs.1800 with effect from 01.09.2008. I have received my promotion on 31.12.2009 and grade pay in the promotional cadre is Rs.1900/-. I have been told that if the promotion to the same grade pay, i will not be allowed another increment? Is it correct, if so please give me the rules that govern the same.
    Dear friend,

Following are the excerpts of para 4 of MACP Scheme:

“Benefit of pay fixation available at the time of regular promotion shall also be available at the time of financial upgradation under the Scheme. Therefore, the pay shall be raised by 3% of the total pay in the pay band and the grade pay drawn before such upgradation. There shall, however, be no further fixation of pay at the time of regular promotion if it is in the same grade pay as granted under MACPS. However, at the time of actual promotion if it happens to be in a post carrying higher grade pay than what is available under MACPS, no pay fixation would be available and only difference of grade pay would be made available.”

+ Reply to Thread