+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Clarification of Finance Ministry's Circular.

  1. #1
    Junior Member nikhildey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Clarification of Finance Ministry's Circular.

    Dear Member,
    I have been transferred from Kolkata to Mumbai. It is about 2000 km. I bring my personal belongings by Road transport (Movers & Packers) and claimed Rs.32, 000/-. But our account office says, it will be restricted to the Rail fare, I may be get approx. 20000/- only. My Grade Pay is Rs.4200/-.
    I request to our honorable members, please tell me the meaning of the Circular, Circulated by the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, No. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 8th June 2010.
    With Thanks,
    Nikhil, Mumbai.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default tRANSFER GRANT

    Rule is quite clear(.) where the two places are connected by train, the fare is restricted by train fare

  3. #3
    Junior Member gayakan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    24

    Default

    As per Item III(b) GIO below SR 116, a government servant carrying goods by road between places connected by rail can draw actual expenditure on transportation of personal effects by road or 1.25 times of the amount admisible on transportation of maximum admissible quantity by goods train, whichever less

  4. #4
    Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Payyanur, Kerala
    Posts
    303

    Default transportation

    That means, what Mr. Pathak says correct.
    Prasanna Kumar

  5. #5
    Junior Member sraudit is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11

    Smile

    dear sir,
    i am of the different view. it is very clear that after the implementation of 6th pay commission rcommendations, in case of TA on transfer for personal effects there will be flat rate of reimbursement @Rs.18/Km for 6000Kg weight or full wagon. it means if station A and station B are 1000 km away then for transportation of personal effects person with GP Rs.4200/- will get 18X1000= 18000/- or actual whichever is less. recently these rates have been revised to RS.30/KM for A class cities. the condtion of restricting it to train fare has been terminated. It only applies in case of transportation of conveyance during transfer. you may represent.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sraudit View Post
    dear sir,
    i am of the different view. it is very clear that after the implementation of 6th pay commission rcommendations, in case of TA on transfer for personal effects there will be flat rate of reimbursement @Rs.18/Km for 6000Kg weight or full wagon. it means if station A and station B are 1000 km away then for transportation of personal effects person with GP Rs.4200/- will get 18X1000= 18000/- or actual whichever is less. recently these rates have been revised to RS.30/KM for A class cities. the condtion of restricting it to train fare has been terminated. It only applies in case of transportation of conveyance during transfer. you may represent.
    Dear Friend,

    By your admissions do you subscribe to the view that – the rate for transportation of personal effects on transfer from CHENNAI to NEW DELHI will be Rs. 30.00 per km, while the rate for transfer between Kanchipuram and Panipat (Suburbs of Chennai and New Delhi but the journey will traverse through both these ‘A’ class cities) will be Rs. 18.00 ?

  7. #7
    Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

    By your admissions do you subscribe to the view that – the rate for transportation of personal effects on transfer from CHENNAI to NEW DELHI will be Rs. 30.00 per km, while the rate for transfer between Kanchipuram and Panipat (Suburbs of Chennai and New Delhi but the journey will traverse through both these ‘A’ class cities) will be Rs. 18.00 ?
    I would request you Venkatam Sir to please give your valuable clarification on the referred recent circular regarding revised transportation rates so that all are benefitted

    Thanking you.

  8. #8
    Junior Member rajdwivedi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default transportation of personal luggage on transfer

    I agree with the view that rates applicable by road be reimbursed after implementation of sixth cpc. You can go through the rate chart given in om wherein it is clearly mentioned that rates applicable for transportation of luggage by road.

  9. #9
    Junior Member nikhildey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default transfer TA

    Dear members,
    Please some one clarify me, whether I will get transpotation charges as OM NO. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dt.8/6/2010 @ Rs.30/- KM of 6000kgs or not? If not how be calculated by Rail? I am from Kolkata to Mumbai, it is about 2000km.
    personal effects is 6000kgs. My grade Pay is 4200/-. Please some one convey me the clear cut deceision and save me the harasment of our PAO.
    with thanks,
    Nikhil, Mumbai

  10. #10
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikhildey View Post
    Dear members,
    Please some one clarify me, whether I will get transpotation charges as OM NO. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dt.8/6/2010 @ Rs.30/- KM of 6000kgs or not? If not how be calculated by Rail? I am from Kolkata to Mumbai, it is about 2000km.
    personal effects is 6000kgs. My grade Pay is 4200/-. Please some one convey me the clear cut deceision and save me the harasment of our PAO.
    with thanks,
    Nikhil, Mumbai
    Dear Friend,

    There are queries appearing on this subject repeatedly. Below mentioned views are my own which may not be welcome by many.

    Para No. 4.2.37 of SCPC reads as below.
    “The Commission recommends that transportation of personal effects by road at the rates prescribed for ‘other places’ should be allowed in respect of places connected by train as well without subjecting it to the extant restriction that these can not exceed 1.25 times of the eligible train fare”.

    Government has NOT included this recommendation in its ‘list of accepted recommendations’ notified vide MF No. 1/1/2008 IC dated 29th August 2008. Decision 11 (ii) of Part-B to the Annexure I of the above Notification relates only to the Travel entitlement for the purpose of official tour/transfer or LTC.

    The Supplementary rules governing traveling allowances already exist which specify separate rates for transportation of personal effects (during transfer) between places “connected by rail” and those “not connected by rail”. When the mode of ‘Road’ is chosen for transportation between places connected by rail, the admissibility will be limited to 1.25 times of the railway freight on entitled quantity. Consequent to SCPC recommendations, the revised entitlement/rates of traveling allowances only have been notified. The GIO issued under SR 116 would need to be repealed if the requisite relief is to be availed in line with the SCPC's recommendation.

    The rates of Rs. 18.00/30.00 per km prescribed for transport of personal effects by road would be limited to transport within the city limits. The same provision existed even earlier. The rate applicable to ‘A’ class cities earlier was higher than Rs. 18.00 (for 6000 kgs) and, therefore, the need arose to revise the rates now to Rs. 30.00 in the case of ‘A’ class cities. Prescription of separate rates for different classes of cities it self is indicative enough to understand that these rates are applicable to transportation within city limits only.

    I personally wish that the recommendations of SCPC are honoured and clear orders are issued accordingly by the Government.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    but i remember in one issue of swamys news monthly,it was clarified that road transport if availed for shifting goods can be availed at per km rates as notified by govt and not 1.25 times of goods rail charges
    but i think you are right other wise the class of citites doesnt make sense for example if some one moves from mumbai to delhi both a1 class cities then he gets rs 30 per km and on the other hand if someone moves from pune to managalore then he gets rs 18 per km which is ridiculous the intention of govt seems to be to limit this to transportation within city limits only perhaps to the rail parcel office and from parcel office to residence at new staion.

  12. #12
    Junior Member nikhildey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Dear Raman Sir,
    Can you give me the issue no. or date of the Swamy's news? Please ....
    With thanks,
    nikhildey@rediffmail.com

  13. #13
    Junior Member nikhildey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Transfer TA

    It is clearly mention in the "Swamy's-T.A. Rules Made Easy" (Page No. 52, February 2009) that "FROM 1-9-2008, THE ENTITLEMENT WILL BE AS PER THE PRESCRIBED RATES FOR TRANSPORT BY ROAD EVEN BETWEEN STATIONS CONNECTED BY RAIL".

  14. #14
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    View point of Mr Venkat is in order

  15. #15
    Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default Revised rates for transportation

    I have come to know that Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, KIV Branch has issued a CIRCULAR dated 24th January 2011 which states-

    "that references have been received whether the revised rates are to be reckoned from the place of origin or the destination for transportation of personal effects by road.

    The matter has been considered in this Ministry and it is clarified that the higher
    rates of road mileage prescribed for 'X' and 'Y' class cities would be admissible for
    transfers within 'X' and 'Y' class cities; 'X' to 'Y' class cities and vice-versa; and from
    'X'/'Y' class cities to 'Z' class cities and vice-versa. In all other cases of transfers within
    'Z' class cities, the rates prescribed for 'Z' class cities shall be admissible."

    Now, when the things are made clear but not PUBLICISED in the larger interest of the Government, my question is-
    Can the Offices be requested to reopen the cases and re-calculate the Cost of Transportation in the light of the circular referred above?

    Learned members may please throw light on that.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mauryavip View Post
    I have come to know that Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, KIV Branch has issued a CIRCULAR dated 24th January 2011 which states-

    "that references have been received whether the revised rates are to be reckoned from the place of origin or the destination for transportation of personal effects by road.

    The matter has been considered in this Ministry and it is clarified that the higher
    rates of road mileage prescribed for 'X' and 'Y' class cities would be admissible for
    transfers within 'X' and 'Y' class cities; 'X' to 'Y' class cities and vice-versa; and from
    'X'/'Y' class cities to 'Z' class cities and vice-versa. In all other cases of transfers within
    'Z' class cities, the rates prescribed for 'Z' class cities shall be admissible."

    Now, when the things are made clear but not PUBLICISED in the larger interest of the Government, my question is-
    Can the Offices be requested to reopen the cases and re-calculate the Cost of Transportation in the light of the circular referred above?

    Learned members may please throw light on that.
    Yes you can represent your case to your Office as the OM (http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/TARules_6cpc_24012011.pdf) clarifies the existing rules and no new rules have been formulated with prospective effect. Further, the OM does not specifically debar the reopening of past cases and hence benefit of doubt can be given in the case.

    Victor

  17. #17
    Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes you can represent your case to your Office as the OM (http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/TARules_6cpc_24012011.pdf) clarifies the existing rules and no new rules have been formulated with prospective effect. Further, the OM does not specifically debar the reopening of past cases and hence benefit of doubt can be given in the case.

    Victor
    I am unable to receive the difference amount yet from my office. As the clerk says that there is no provision to open a settled TA Bill on the grounds of a clarification. I request learned g-connect users to show me a way out.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Clarification of Finance Ministry's Circular.
    By nikhildey in forum Transfer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-11-2011, 03:16 PM
  2. Clarifications/Corrections by Min of Finance
    By spenke in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts