+ Reply to Thread

Thread: denial of increment by 6th CPC

Junior Member sureshms is on a distinguished road

Default denial of increment by 6th CPC

Sir

My Colleague writes:

As per the 6th cpc report increment date falls on July 1st of every year uniformly.
    Till GOI have accepted this, my increment date as January. No option was called for by GOI as it turned out to be a Govt Policy. The problem for me is that I will be retiring from service on superannuation on 30.6.2011. I will not be in service on the very next day when the increment date falls due. By this, the whole year's work goes unrewarded since i am not getting the increment. This doesnot seem to be judicious. If there is some scheme formulated by the Govt to alleviate this problem, I may kindly be intimated.

Somebody who knows anything about this may kindly respond since the person after completing one years service is denied of his right, increment

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Increment

Governmenat hs not so far formulated any lpolicy on this

Member venkatcustoms is on a distinguished road

Default Denial of increment by 6th CPC

Quote Originally Posted by sureshms View Post
    Sir

My Colleague writes:

As per the 6th cpc report increment date falls on July 1st of every year uniformly.
    Till GOI have accepted this, my increment date as January. No option was called for by GOI as it turned out to be a Govt Policy. The problem for me is that I will be retiring from service on superannuation on 30.6.2011. I will not be in service on the very next day when the increment date falls due. By this, the whole year's work goes unrewarded since i am not getting the increment. This doesnot seem to be judicious. If there is some scheme formulated by the Govt to alleviate this problem, I may kindly be intimated.

Somebody who knows anything about this may kindly respond since the person after completing one years service is denied of his right, increment
    I don't know how this question comes. Let alone the policy consequent to the 6th CPC. Even in the earlier CPC's, a person, if his increment falls on December and if he retires on 30th November, he will not be given any increment on the next day. So, the querry itself does not merit consideration. At least, this officer is fortunate to have increment day on 1st January prior to 6th CPC. Because he was given usual increment on 01.01.2006 and then only his new pay was fixed as per 6th CPC. What about people like us who had increment months from February to June. We were fixed the new pay as such and we were given our increment only in July, 2006.

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Increment

I fully agree with you sir,

There are officials who got increment in Jan 06 whose next increment is fixed on 01.07.2006 and retiring in July while official whose increment is between Feb to June 06 and retiring during these months cannot grumble on somebody's fate.

That is our system

Regards.
    Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Smile leave on 1 st july 2010?

dear all

i have small doubt
    now increments are given uniformly from july

so what effect will be there on drawl of increment if employee is on leave as on 1 st july 2010?

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ramanrao60 View Post
    dear all

i have small doubt
    now increments are given uniformly from july

so what effect will be there on drawl of increment if employee is on leave as on 1 st july 2010?
    The increment will be granted from the 01 Jul but financial effect will be from the date of his rejoing from leave (except casual leave. For CL , he will get on 01 Jul itself).

(my reply subject to senior's correction, if wrong)

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Increment

Now date of increment is uniform 1 july(.) if a person is on leave on 1 july his increment shall be postponed and granted w.e.f he resumes duty

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default increment

Sir,
    Except for the fact that the date of increment is made uniform i.e. 1st July, the rules regarding eligibility on monitory benefits has not changed. If a person is on leave on 1st July, the increment will be sanctioned from 1st July itself as a normal course, but the monitory benefits will accrue from the date of reporting for duty.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Junior Member hetalanjaria9997 is on a distinguished road

O.M. No.7/14/2010-E(III)A dated 05/07/2010, (Min. of Fin, Deptt. of Expenditure) is available at the link given below. perhaps it clarifies something. you may copy it and paste the same in browser.
    http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...008_050710.pdf

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Post Regarding increament

Respected Sir,
    I'am fully agreed with post no. 3 by Venkatsir.The grievances of those people whose increament fell between jan-june had some merrit.It is just like inplimentation of major penalty.But this problem will solve after the implementation of the proposed one increament on jan.2006 as one time measure.Compare with 5th pc. some demerrit like lose of increament due to bunching is avoided in 6th pc.The relaxation given in MACP compare with previous ACP is created some annomalies in some cases.

+ Reply to Thread