+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for 20 yr plus pre-2006 retirees of all pre-revised scales- action plan"

Junior Member kktaneja is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dnaga57 View Post
    Dear MLK
    It is danaga57@yahoo.com
    I think I have got your corrected message on ShriPratap Narayanan. I will talk to him & possibly form a <33 yrs pensioners group .
    There have been some messages indicating interest.
    I am a bit tied with my mothers anniversary ceremony... soon will start 'full steam'
    Thanks
    Dear Mr Nagarajan,
    Reference my post of 7.6.2010, I had seperately mailed you a few names of s29 group who may be interested. If required, I can remail it. It might be worthwhile to post the matter on other pension sites so that those interested may get in touch with you. I am sure numbers can be acquired.

Senior Member dnaga57

Quote Originally Posted by kktaneja View Post
    Dear Mr Nagarajan,
    Reference my post of 7.6.2010, I had seperately mailed you a few names of s29 group who may be interested. If required, I can remail it. It might be worthwhile to post the matter on other pension sites so that those interested may get in touch with you. I am sure numbers can be acquired.
    Dear Mr Taneja
    It will help if you refwd them to me. I ammaking a separate folder in my Yahoo mailbox for this matter.
    May be later I will start a group
    Thanks

Dear Mr Taneja
    It will help if you refwd them to me. I ammaking a separate folder in my Yahoo mailbox for this matter.
    May be later I will start a group
    Thanks
    Mail to danaga@yahoo.com has bounced back. Please give your email Id.
    K K taneja

Senior Member dnaga57

Quote Originally Posted by kktaneja View Post
    Mail to danaga@yahoo.com has bounced back. Please give your email Id.
    K K taneja
    It is dnaga57@yahoo.com
    Thanks...

Senior Member dnaga57

Angry A special appeal.....

I am appealing to ALL readers of Gconnectto inform pensioners that the issue of <33 yrs pre2006 pensioners to indicat e their willing mess to join a movement....
    They can post here or write to me at dnaga57@yahoo.com
    Thanks

Senior Member dnaga57

I am appealing to ALL readers of Gconnectto inform pensioners that the issue of <33 yrs pre2006 pensioners to indicat e their willing mess to join a movement....
    They can post here or write to me at dnaga57@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    I wish to add that this issue affects ALL pensioners - not only any particular grade or pay band

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

Arrow Separate group for 20 years pensioners.

My dear dnaga. I suggest you should form a separate group for pensioners who retired with more than 20 years but less than 33 years of qualifying service. Pensioners from various pre revised pay scales can be included in it. The name of the groups could be 20yearspensioners@googlegroups.com or 20yearspensioners@yahoogroups.co.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaujiaml View Post
    My dear dnaga. I suggest you should form a separate group for pensioners who retired with more than 20 years but less than 33 years of qualifying service. Pensioners from various pre revised pay scales can be included in it. The name of the groups could be 20yearspensioners@googlegroups.com or 20yearspensioners@yahoogroups.co.in
    Dear Mr Nagarajan,
    I strongly endorse the suggestion of a separate 20y group. Once we have a reasonable size, further action through coordinated representations/legal action can be pursued.
    K K Taneja

Senior Member dnaga57

Unhappy

I agree.
    IMHO Opening a yahoo group is easy... getting people into a newly formed group is not so..
    I am using the existing groups to propogate the concept, collect email ids so that I can send out invites to the group..
    A look at Gconnect itself would show how poorly this valuable site is being used

Junior Member rama1948 is on a distinguished road

Default Less than 33 yrs of QS, Pre-2006

I am openig this new thread as suggested by Shri VN-a good advice.
    Please read my starting post & last post in thread 'Effectiveness & Applicability of Full Pension for <33 years retirees of pre2006.
    • 6th PC recommended that Full pension be applicable to ALL retirees after 20 years of service. They also suggested that this be 'effective' from a prospective date.
    • GoI issued its 1st Memo that this will be both applicable & effective from 2-9-2008
    • It was then amended to be effective from 1-1-2006
      One more amendment that this will be applicable to post 1-1-2006 retirees too i.e those who retired between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008 also would be included.
      This leaves out pre2006 retirees with less than 33years of service with prorated pension only.
      This affects ALL pre 2006 pensioners IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR PAYSCALE- PAY BAND
    Thus the subdivision of pensioners into 3 categories originally viz.
    • Retirees after 2-9-2008
    • Retirees between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008
    • Pre 2006 retirees
    This has now been reduced to two categories viz pre2006 & post 2006 pensioners with two different pension eligibility & applicability
    This has cut the pre 2006 pensioners with less than 33 years service doubly
    1. one byway of less pension due to applying Minimum of Pay Band
    2. then less pension due to prorating of this lessened pension further
    The former is being taken up by many pensioners group to get Modified parity with Minimum pay corresponding to pre 2006 scale.
    But no one - as per my knowledge- is taking up the 2nd case of applicability of Full pension for ALL retirees with 20 years of service.
    Can we get together - ALL pre2006 retirees irrespective of Payscale Payband to take this up legally
    Grateful for your time reading this & suggestions
    Sir,
    I have expressed my willingness to start a legal redressal Cell for Pre-2006,< 33 Yrs of QS. I have come out of DOS w.e.f 1.9.1993 in S-24 grade after a QS of 26.5 yrs( 5yrs for VRS). Pl send a mail to me after adding me to ur team to: ramanarao.sistla@gmail.com.
    Regards
    Ramana Rao

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Dnaga/ Others interested in this grouping,

MANY IN S29 GROUP ITSELF DO NOT "VISIT" THE GCONNECT REGULARLY. MY OWN CLOSE FRIENDS DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WRITE HERE.

SIMILARLY MANY DO NOT EVEN READ ALL THE EMAILS IN OUR S29 GOOGLE GROUP MAIL- DUE TO THE FACT THAT VARIOUS TYPES OF OTHER MAILS ALSO CROP IN.

IF U R NOT FORMING A "SEPARATE NETWORK GROUP' LIKE S29 OR S30 USING THE YAHOO OR GOOGLE NETWORK, AND TRY INITIALLY THE GCONNECT AND OTHER SIMILAR SOURCES , I MAKE ONE SUGGESTION TO START WITH.

PLEASE FORM A STRING OF ALL NAMES IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

SAY LIKE:

D NAGARAJAN (S29); KK TANEJA (S29); A RAJAGOPALAN (S29); PRATAP NARAYAN (S29); D N SESHAGIRI (S24); S RAMANA RAO (S24);SUNDARAR ( ) and so on.

ANY ONE NEWLY JOINING MAY ADD HIS NAME TO THIS STRING AT THE END- IN THE GCONNECT POSTING AND THUS THE LIST WILL GET UPDATED.

NO OF PERSONS IN THE STRING WILL CREATE AN IMPACT AND CONFIDENCE AMONG INTERESTED PENSIONERS/ SYNPATHETIC VIEWERS AND THIS MESSAGE WILL SPREAD ACROSS QUICKLY.

Regards,
    VNatarajan

PS: IF found feasible:

(Interested pensioners viewing this post may react - and add their names to the string if they feel so- they can also add the names of other similarly placed willing pensioners who have no computer facility. Email ids may be separately furnished to shri D Naga)

Senior Member dnaga57

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    Dear Shri Dnaga/ Others interested in this grouping,

MANY IN S29 GROUP ITSELF DO NOT "VISIT" THE GCONNECT REGULARLY. MY OWN CLOSE FRIENDS DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WRITE HERE.

SIMILARLY MANY DO NOT EVEN READ ALL THE EMAILS IN OUR S29 GOOGLE GROUP MAIL- DUE TO THE FACT THAT VARIOUS TYPES OF OTHER MAILS ALSO CROP IN.

IF U R NOT FORMING A "SEPARATE NETWORK GROUP' LIKE S29 OR S30 USING THE YAHOO OR GOOGLE NETWORK, AND TRY INITIALLY THE GCONNECT AND OTHER SIMILAR SOURCES , I MAKE ONE SUGGESTION TO START WITH.

PLEASE FORM A STRING OF ALL NAMES IN THE FIRST INSTANCE.

SAY LIKE:

D NAGARAJAN (S29); KK TANEJA (S29); A RAJAGOPALAN (S29); PRATAP NARAYAN (S29); D N SESHAGIRI (S24); S RAMANA RAO (S24);SUNDARAR ( ) and so on.

ANY ONE NEWLY JOINING MAY ADD HIS NAME TO THIS STRING AT THE END- IN THE GCONNECT POSTING AND THUS THE LIST WILL GET UPDATED.

NO OF PERSONS IN THE STRING WILL CREATE AN IMPACT AND CONFIDENCE AMONG INTERESTED PENSIONERS/ SYNPATHETIC VIEWERS AND THIS MESSAGE WILL SPREAD ACROSS QUICKLY.

Regards,
    VNatarajan

PS: IF found feasible:

(Interested pensioners viewing this post may react - and add their names to the string if they feel so- they can also add the names of other similarly placed willing pensioners who have no computer facility. Email ids may be separately furnished to shri D Naga)
    Dear VN
    Thank you for being the 'helpful you' --- as always.
    I am busy for a week , my mothers varshaabdegam.
    I will get to doing things soon there after..
    Thanks again

Junior Member Mulukutla is on a distinguished road

I am M.I.Suryanarayana (S29)

Member nchandras is on a distinguished road

Angry Justice for 20 yr plus pre-2006 retirees of all pre-revised scales-REF 28 JAN 13 CIR

Dear Mr Subba Rao

This thread after the issue of OM dt 28 Jan 13 followed by circular of 17 Feb 13 reducing the rev pension of pre 2006 retirees proportionately where qualifying service is less than 33 years. This circular will not stand the test of legal scrutiny on the following grounds

a. Contrary to the 6 Pay commission rec of 50 % of last pay as pension for those over 20 years qualifying service - Accepted by the Govt and circular issued post 2006. The pay commission has stated prospectively hence Govt circular of 28 Jan 13 and 17 Feb 13 reducing the proposed pension proportionately is irregular

b. The pension can be reduced proportionately ONLY ONCE AND NOT EVERY TIME. When the employee retires pre 2006 the proportionate reduction is carried out. After pay commission the equivalent pension (based on concordance table) on the basis of reduced pension pre 2006 is fixed. Hence AGAIN REDUCING THE PENSION FROM THE CONCORDANCE TABLE OF 28 Jan 13 is UNJUST and INCORRECT.

Those affected can join together and approach the court. HAS ANYONE FILED A CASE . IF ANYONE IS AWARE KINDLY INFORM I SHALL BECOME AN INTERVENOR

N Chandrasekar

Junior Member chandramouly1955 is on a distinguished road

Default Pre 2006 retirees-20 years eligiblity for full pension-reg

Dear Sir,
    CAT ENK in its judgement dated 23-01-2012 in r/o OA 747/11 of P.K.Bhargavan Pillai,
    S/o.late K.Krishna Pillai,
    Retd. Administrative Officer Grade I,
    Indian Space Research Organisation.
    Residing at Daiveekom, Manjapra PO,
    Ernakulam - 683 581. ...Applicant
    and
    1. Union of India represented by the Secretary
    to Government of India,
    Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions,
    Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare,
    Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi - 110 003.
    2. Pay and Accounts Officer,
    Central Pension Accounting Office,
    Trikoot - 2, Bhikaji Cama Place,
    New Delhi - 110 066.
    3. The Controller,
    Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre,
    Indian Space Research Organisation,
    Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram - 659 547.
    4. Manager,
    State Bank of Travancore,
    Angamaly Branch, Kallookaran Towers,
    Angamaly - 683 572. ...Respondents

has given the verdict as "The Full Bench had set aside the orders dated 3.10.2008 and
    11.2.2009 (Annexure R-2 and Annexure R-11). Thus the stipulation that
    the pension will be reduced pro-rata as contained in para 4.2 of OM dated
    3.10.2008 which was the basis of fixation of pension at the reduced rate by
    the respondents stands already quashed."
    Hence the contention that nobody has approached the court in this regard may not be correct
    S.Chandramouly

I am openig this new thread as suggested by Shri VN-a good advice.

Please read my starting post & last post in thread 'Effectiveness & Applicability of Full Pension for <33 years retirees of pre2006.
    • 6th PC recommended that Full pension be applicable to ALL retirees after 20 years of service. They also suggested that this be 'effective' from a prospective date.
    • GoI issued its 1st Memo that this will be both applicable & effective from 2-9-2008
    • It was then amended to be effective from 1-1-2006
      One more amendment that this will be applicable to post 1-1-2006 retirees too i.e those who retired between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008 also would be included.
      This leaves out pre2006 retirees with less than 33years of service with prorated pension only.
      This affects ALL pre 2006 pensioners IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR PAYSCALE- PAY BAND
    Thus the subdivision of pensioners into 3 categories originally viz.
    • Retirees after 2-9-2008
    • Retirees between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008
    • Pre 2006 retirees
    This has now been reduced to two categories viz pre2006 & post 2006 pensioners with two different pension eligibility & applicability

This has cut the pre 2006 pensioners with less than 33 years service doubly
    1. one byway of less pension due to applying Minimum of Pay Band
    2. then less pension due to prorating of this lessened pension further
    The former is being taken up by many pensioners group to get Modified parity with Minimum pay corresponding to pre 2006 scale.
    But no one - as per my knowledge- is taking up the 2nd case of applicability of Full pension for ALL retirees with 20 years of service.
    Can we get together - ALL pre2006 retirees irrespective of Payscale Payband to take this up legally
    Grateful for your time reading this & suggestions

Member R.Devaraju is on a distinguished road

Dear Pensioners,
    This is not the only case of discrimination. There is an other problem relating to pre-2006 absorbee's pension. An employee absorbed on or after 1.1.2006 , with 10 or more years of service can get full pension from parent Department. He is also entitled to get one more full pension from the new department where he is working now. This benefit is not extended to pre-2006 absorbee's. Further many absorbee's with more than 10 years service have counted their service for combined service pension benefits. These aborbee's are also denied such benefits quoting the option exercised by them based on the then pension rules which has become obsolete now. So, I request all concerned to consider this point for Joint legal action.

Dear Mr Chandramouli

Thanks for the info. As stated by you all those pre 2006 retirees should join together to take up the issue legally. Perhaps, it could be co ordinated by the All India Confederation of central Pensioners Delhi ( thro Mr SS Ramachandran Hon Sec Gen ) as they are doing in the case of S 21 - S 24 PB 3 to PB 4 anamoly. Your views pl

The High Court of Kerala has quashed the Pro rata pension at reduced rate in Jan 2012 BUT IT IS NOT CLEAR WHETHER GOVT IMPLIMENTED THE ORDER OF THE COURT. Perhaps, based on this info further legal recourse can be taken since the aspect of Pro rata reduction in Pension has again been incorporated by the DOPT in their cir of 28 Jan 2013 followed by another cir in Feb 2013 where pension was revised based on a Pr CAT Bench Order. As per High Court of Kerala order of Jan 2012, the para in these circulars of 2013 that those not completing 33 yrs service, their pension will the lower than that of the concordance table attached to these orders.

Could u be kind enough to enlighten me whether Kerala court order stands or quashed in supreme court

Chandrasekar

Dear Mr Chandramouli

I had stated in my prev post that High Court of Kerala had quashed the 2008 order (Para pertaining to the pro rata reduction of pension for those lesser than 33 yrs). It may please be read as CAT Kerala.

Chandrasekar

Member Imayan is on a distinguished road

Dear nchandras and chandramouli,

Was the judgement dt. 23.1.2012 final in CAT,Ernakulam's OA 747/11 ?
    Did GOI /CPAO/ISRO go on Appeal against CAT,Ernakulam's judgement dt.23.1.2012 ?
    Was the pension of P.K.Bhargavan Pillai, (S/o.late K.Krishna Pillai, Retd. Administrative Officer Grade I, Indian Space Research Organisation. Residing at Daiveekom, Manjapra PO, Ernakulam - 683 581. ...Applicant) finalised as per CAT,Ernakulam's judgement dt.23.1.2012 ?
    can someone throw light on the above questions.
    Thereafter. we can join together and pursue.

Imayan

PS: Anyone who is living near / close to Ernakulam can help us find out from shri P.K.Bhargavan Pillai re: the required details ...
    Last edited by Imayan; 02-05-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Dear All
    Although, a categorical judgement on this issue has been delivered over 15 months ago, the current status as to whether Govt has implimented or gone in appeal appears to be not known. Further, from the GConnect Forum it is seen that few others in a different caption have also raised similar issue, hence all of us can join together to file contempt in CAT Kerala or if Govt has appealed in High Court Kerala then all can become intervenor

It appears that the 2011 case in CAT Kerala was filed by one or two individuals hence Govt may be keeping quiet. The latest state can be found out from someone from Kerala or by serving or retired ISRO personnel. This will enable us to join together in filing an appeal in higher court. The latest Govt directive in 28 Jan 13 and 10 Feb 13 orders for reducing prorata reduction in pension is also contrary to this judgement. The Govt either have violated a CAT judgement or must have got a verdict in their favour reversing the CAT Kerala order. In case the issue is Sub Judice, then in the 28 Jan 13 or 10 Feb 13 order (where new concordance table with revised pension) would have carried a paragraph that this provision of prorata reduction in pension is subject to disposal of their appeal in higher court.

Will someone from ISRO or from Kerala check and highlight the latest on this issue so that all of us can come together to take further legal recourse to the injustice

Chandrasekar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast