+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for 20 yr plus pre-2006 retirees of all pre-revised scales- action plan"

Senior Member dnaga57

Angry Justice for 20 yr plus pre-2006 retirees of all pre-revised scales- action plan"

I am openig this new thread as suggested by Shri VN-a good advice.
    Please read my starting post & last post in thread 'Effectiveness & Applicability of Full Pension for <33 years retirees of pre2006.
    • 6th PC recommended that Full pension be applicable to ALL retirees after 20 years of service. They also suggested that this be 'effective' from a prospective date.
    • GoI issued its 1st Memo that this will be both applicable & effective from 2-9-2008
    • It was then amended to be effective from 1-1-2006
      One more amendment that this will be applicable to post 1-1-2006 retirees too i.e those who retired between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008 also would be included.
      This leaves out pre2006 retirees with less than 33years of service with prorated pension only.
      This affects ALL pre 2006 pensioners IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR PAYSCALE- PAY BAND
    Thus the subdivision of pensioners into 3 categories originally viz.
    • Retirees after 2-9-2008
    • Retirees between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008
    • Pre 2006 retirees
    This has now been reduced to two categories viz pre2006 & post 2006 pensioners with two different pension eligibility & applicability
    This has cut the pre 2006 pensioners with less than 33 years service doubly
    1. one byway of less pension due to applying Minimum of Pay Band
    2. then less pension due to prorating of this lessened pension further
    The former is being taken up by many pensioners group to get Modified parity with Minimum pay corresponding to pre 2006 scale.
    But no one - as per my knowledge- is taking up the 2nd case of applicability of Full pension for ALL retirees with 20 years of service.
    Can we get together - ALL pre2006 retirees irrespective of Payscale Payband to take this up legally
    Grateful for your time reading this & suggestions

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear All Interested and All Concerned,

We are all aware that the MODIFIED PARITY issue has affected the pre-2006 S29 Pensioners most as of date and consequently a number of CAT and Court cases have been filed by various aggrieved groups all over the country. Both Civil and Military pensioners have taken up the issue.

After the above Group, similarly but less affected S21/22/23 Group was expected to take up similar fights for justice - but response had not been so encouraging. However, from the Military side - both Retd Lt Cdrs and Majors etc have taken up the fight for MODIFIED PARITY and the same is gathering MOMENTUM.

TI ME HAS COME TO STRIKE THE IRON WHEN AND WHERE IT IS HOT.

ANOTHER ISSUE WHICH IS COMMON TO ALL PRE-REVISED SCALE PRE 2006 PENSIONERS IS THE ONE IN OUR MINDS:

So, Shri D Naga, an active Pre-2006 Pensioner (Plus 20 yrs category) - member of the CGS29PA has rightly put up a new thread in the GCONNECT IN with the caption:

"Justice for 20 yr plus pre-2006 retirees of all pre-revised scales- action plan" BY DNAGA:
    THE THRTEAD HAD BEEN AN INSTANT SUCCESS- WITHIN A FEW HOURS OF ITS POSTING, THERE HAD BEEN 38 STRIKES.

I AM SURE MANY WILL BE INTERESTED TO FORM A "ALL SCALE GROUP" TO TAKE UP AND FIGHT THE ISSUE.

ALL INFORMATION INCLUDING RTI MATERIAL SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE FROM MANY LEARNED PENSIONERS/ LEADERS LIKE SHRI AR/ PKR/ AVM/ SUNDARAR AND SEVERAL OTHERS AND I HOPE SOMETHING CONCRETE WILL EMERGE TO GO AHEAD WITH AN ACTION PLAN.

CAN WE EXPECT AT LEAST 31 PRE-2006 PENSIONERS OF PLUS 20 YRS- MINUS 33 YRS OF ALL SCALE-CATEGORIES (VRS- NORMAL RETIREES) TO START WITH FOR FORMING A CORE GROUP TO BEGIN THIS CAMPAIGN SO THAT THE ISSUE CAN BE TAKEN TO THE COURTS SOON?

VNatarajan

Junior Member rama1948 is on a distinguished road

Default Full Pension for 20 Yrs + service

Quote Originally Posted by dnaga57 View Post
    I am openig this new thread as suggested by Shri VN-a good advice.
    Please read my starting post & last post in thread 'Effectiveness & Applicability of Full Pension for <33 years retirees of pre2006.
    • 6th PC recommended that Full pension be applicable to ALL retirees after 20 years of service. They also suggested that this be 'effective' from a prospective date.
    • GoI issued its 1st Memo that this will be both applicable & effective from 2-9-2008
    • It was then amended to be effective from 1-1-2006
      One more amendment that this will be applicable to post 1-1-2006 retirees too i.e those who retired between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008 also would be included.
      This leaves out pre2006 retirees with less than 33years of service with prorated pension only.
      This affects ALL pre 2006 pensioners IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR PAYSCALE- PAY BAND
    Thus the subdivision of pensioners into 3 categories originally viz.
    • Retirees after 2-9-2008
    • Retirees between 1-1-2006 & 2-9-2008
    • Pre 2006 retirees
    This has now been reduced to two categories viz pre2006 & post 2006 pensioners with two different pension eligibility & applicability
    This has cut the pre 2006 pensioners with less than 33 years service doubly
    1. one byway of less pension due to applying Minimum of Pay Band
    2. then less pension due to prorating of this lessened pension further
    The former is being taken up by many pensioners group to get Modified parity with Minimum pay corresponding to pre 2006 scale.
    But no one - as per my knowledge- is taking up the 2nd case of applicability of Full pension for ALL retirees with 20 years of service.
    Can we get together - ALL pre2006 retirees irrespective of Payscale Payband to take this up legally
    Grateful for your time reading this & suggestions
    Sir,
    Though I have retired from the most benifitted scale ie S-24, I am ready and willing to join this fight, for those who have completed 20 + yrs but are getting only pro-rated pension. I have taken VRS after 21.5 yrs, from DOS.
    I wish the sorest point of SCPC, screwing S-29, gets redressed as the first item( Most UNJUST)
    Regards
    Ramana Rao

Senior Member dnaga57

Dear Sir
    For <33 years pre 2006 retirees , the grade - PB does not matter. All are losing heavily.
    For S24 the pension of 23750 at MPB may be fine for Full pension guys.
    For a 21.5 years person pension would be 23750*26.5/33=19071. i.e. 4679 less than a corresponding post 2006 retiree.
    Prorating for <33 years affects all pre 2006pensioners with 20-28years srvice on VRS, 20-32 years service for normal retirees.
    I can work out this for ALL grades but it should be very evident.
    Let us get together to merge the artificial divide of pre & post 2006 pensioners.

[B]

Quick response from rama 1948 is encouraging. Hope for more responses.

I think a beginning may be made for a pre-2006 retiree in one or two particular scales to serve as examples . May be it will help for such retirees to understand the implications initially. We can cover all Scales eventually

Could be for S24 and S29 to start with.

Pre-2006 S24 Retiree with 33 yrs gets the pension 23050 (and not perhaps 23750)

Pre-2006 S29 Retiree with 33 yrs now gets pension 23750.

A. What is the pension for a pre 2006 retiree in S29 scale with service of (a) 20 yrs (b) 28 yrs (c) 32 yrs? - with and without 5 yrs benefit respectively?

B. What are the comparative figures for a post 2006 retirees of same lengths of service?

C. Disparity between the two above - with and without 5 yr benefit.

Let us see how it works.

vnatarajan

Junior Member kktaneja is on a distinguished road

The matter was raised by Mr Rajagopalan sometime in Oct 2009 in s29 group. Since only a few were affected, it was outvoted by the group so as not to dilute the focus from the main issue of modified parity. After OROP report was out, some of us did send representations highlighting the nominal financial burden, as brought out by OROP, in applying 20 year rule to all pre 2006 civilian pensioners. It is, therefore, a welcome move to form a seperate y20 group cutting across various pay band/grades. Fund can be collected to fight the battle legally or at least take up collectively and uniformly in large numbers to creat some impact.
    I am sendind you a seperate mail suggesting pensioners who may be affected.
    I am certainly interested.
    K K Taneja

Junior Member kktaneja is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr Nagarajan,
    Has any headway been made in garnering numbers to be able to form a separate y20 group. Only two out of the names I gave have reverted back to you, to my knowledge.
    Regards,
    K K Taneja

Senior Member dnaga57

Quote Originally Posted by kktaneja View Post
    Dear Mr Nagarajan,
    Has any headway been made in garnering numbers to be able to form a separate y20 group. Only two out of the names I gave have reverted back to you, to my knowledge.
    Regards,
    K K Taneja
    Dear Sir
    Response is almost nil.
    I am thinking of filing a case in personal capacity .... with hopefully some sympathetic lawyer.
    or piggy back with some other court case...
    I will get back to you

Best

Attention Drawn to positngs in the other thread "Effectiveness and Applicability etc......" -post 139 on some important points:

(MY VIEWS/ UNDERSTANDING WITH LIMITED CAPACITY)

"VRS" was once introduced as an abortive "Scheme"in the past to deal with surplus staff if I correctly remember - mostly in CSS. It must have died long back!

Making it encroach on every decision is the "jugglery" of the Babus I think.

Voluntary Retirement was and is one of the ingredients of the CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 and introduction of changes and amendments to it do not make it a new Scheme every time.

Rules under it 49 -2 , 29 etc I dont remember exactly - may deal with it.

Changing the motivational factor from 5 years additional weightage with one time benefits like Gratuity etc to an equivalence of 13 years weightage for full pension is nothing but LIBERALISATION of the relevant parts of the Old Pension Scheme (OPS) and this is now a part of the CCS (Pension) Rules wef 2nd Sept 2008 inItially - later on dragged back to be made efffective from 1.1.2006.

Voluntary Retirement continues to be one of the types of retirements dealt under the CCS (Pension) Rules 1972/its amendments, in the past and even now.

As against this, the New Pension Scheme (wef 1.1.2004) has nothing to do with CCS Pension Rules 1972. The fate of Voluntary Retirees here may be decided by the Pension Regulating Authority/ their Guidelines I think- in cases who decide to quit the service early! ( may be wrong ?)

vnatarajan

(Taking Clue from Sundarar's Post at sl no 139 in the other thread "Effectiveness and Applicability......"

1.A "33 yr QS Pre 2k6 Normal Retiree" eligible for FULL PENSION may DEMAND parity with A "33 yr or even 20 yr QS Post 2k6 Retiree" of same post with equated scales of pay.

2.A "20 yr plus/ 33 yr minus service Pre 2k6 Normal Retiree eligible for prorated pension msut now APPEAL and CLAIM for FULL PENSION parity with a "20 yr QS Post 2006 Retiree" of same post even on NOTIONAL BASIS- of same post with equated scales of pay.

3.A "20 yr plus/ 33 yr minus service Pre 2k6 "Voluntary Retiree" who availed benefits also CAN APPEAL and CLAIM in the least for PARITY AT FULL (MINIMUM GUARANTEED) PENSION WRT A 20 yr plus Post 2k6 Voluntary Retiree even on a notional basis- of same post with equated scales of pay ( eXCESS DRAWN AMOUNTS CAN BE REFUNDED).

(all above - AS A CONSEQUENCE TO REGULARISING THE TRISANKU CATEGORY VR/ 20YR PLUS ETC RETIREES TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FULL PENSION SINCE DEC 2009 ORDERS)
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 19-06-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Calculation of revised pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    [B]

Quick response from rama 1948 is encouraging. Hope for more responses.

Pre-2006 S29 Retiree with 33 yrs now gets pension 23750.

A. What is the pension for a pre 2006 retiree in S29 scale with service of (a) 20 yrs (b) 28 yrs (c) 32 yrs? - with and without 5 yrs benefit respectively?

B. What are the comparative figures for a post 2006 retirees of same lengths of service?

C. Disparity between the two above - with and without 5 yr benefit.

Let us see how it works.

vnatarajan
    A. The pension for a pre 2006 retiree in S29 scale with service of (without the benefit of 5 years)
    (a) 20 years = 23750 X 40/66 = 14393
    (b) 28 years = 23750 X 56/66 = 20151
    (c) 32 years = 23750 X 64/66 = 23030

The pension for a pre 2006 retiree in S29 scale with service of (with the benefit of 5 years)

(a) 20+5 years = 23750 X 50/66 = 17992
    (b) 28+5 years = 23750
    (c) 32+1 year = 23750

B. A post 2006 retiree with same length of service (minimum 20 years)
    will not get 23750 which is 50% of minimum of the pay band + 50% of Grade pay; Instead, he will get more than this amount because of application of 50% of Revised Pay last drawn at the time of retirement, which Revised Pay consists of 50% OF PAY IN THE PAY BAND + 50% OF GRADE PAY - His pension will be at least Rs.27300. Thus, even if a pre-2006 pensioner rendered 33 years q.s., he will get less than what a pre-2006 pensioner of 20 years q.s. will be getting. Not only in the case of qualifying service, but also in calculation of pension, the disparity
    occurs with the cut-off date on retirement.
    The aforesaid differential treatment ought to be resolved at the earliest, first in the manner of calculation of minimum pension by applying same formula, viz. 50% of Pay in the Pay Band + 50% of Grade Pay at least at the minimum level for pre-2006 pensioners irrespective of their qualifying service, followed by re-computing the pension of those who rendered at least 10 years service which is the eligibility criteria for drawing pension and retired with less than 33/20 years service and revise the pension accordingly w.e.f. 1.1.2006.

C. Disparity in the first instance, irrespective of qualifying service for determining actual revised pension at minimum level, has to be removed in earliest possible time so that the valuable time and energy being consumed in various court cases for this very particular aspect, can be saved. Artificially created issues are not to be kept aside for resolving by Hon. Courts, as they have various other cases. A proactive decision even in this point of time,
    will be saving financial and other implications of Pensioners Community.
    But for the initial letter to Banks followed by a corrigendum after a year or so, But for the clarificatory/mandatory OM of 3.10.2008, the initial OM dt.1.9.2008 if implemented with a plain reading would have saved much confusion as well as drop in pension. Very knowledgeable personnel are
    handling various important posts and their good offices may kindly re-visit the entire issues relating to pensioners with a patient understanding of the core matter. A motherly attitude is what the pensioner community expects from the authorities keeping humanitarian grounds at first. The HR aspects
    are the need of the hour in dealing with the pensioners' issue. At the same time, the serving employees may also keep them aware of what pre-2006 pensioners have been facing since implementation of 6th CPC recommendations, and whether the same situation is there in their case also as a post-2006 retiree.

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

RE-COMPUTATION OF PENSION FOR PRE-2006 PENSIONERS.

Para 5.2 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

Linkage of full pension with 33 years of Qualifying Service shall be dispensed with. Once a Govt. servant has rendered the minimum qualifying service of 20 years, pension shall be paid at 50% of the emoluments or average emoluments received during the last 10 months, whichever is more beneficial to him.

Para 5.3 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

In cases where Govt. servant becomes entitled to pension on completion of 10 years of qualifying service in accordance with Rule 49(2) of CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 pension in those cases shall also be paid at 50% of the emoluments or average emoluments, whichever is more beneficial to the Govt. servant.

Para 5.4 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

The provisions for calculation of pension in para 5.2 and para 5.3 above shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of this O.M. and shall be applicable to Govt. servant retiring on or after that date(2.9.2008). The Govt. servants who have retired on or after 1.1.2006 but before the date of issue of this O.M. (2.9.2008), will continue to be governed by the Rules/orders which were in force immediately before coming into effect of these orders.

Para 2 of DOP&PW OM F. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 11.12.2008:

It has been decided that the provision of payment of pension at 50% of the emoluments (pay last drawn) or 50% of average emoluments received during the last 10 months, whichever is beneficial to the retiring employee, shall be applicable to all Govt. servants retiring on or after 1.1.2006.

Para 2 of DOP&PW OM F. No. 38/37/38-P&PW(A) dated 10.12.2009:

It has been decided that linkage of full pension with 33 years of qualifying service shall be dispensed with, with effect from 1.1.2006. The revised provisions for calculation of pension in para 5.2 and 5.3 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2.9.2008 shall come into force with effect from 1.1.2006 and shall be applicable to the Govt. servants retired/retiring after that date (1.1.2006). Para 5.4 will further stand modified to that extent.

As per the extant orders, only those Govt. servants retired/retiring after 1.1.2006 are entitled to get their pension calculated on the basis of revised methodology/formula spelt through the OM dated 11.12.2008 and 10.12.2009.

Under the circumstances, a genuine question may arise as to -

Whether a Govt. servant retired prior to 1.1.2006 can expect that his basic pension due on the date of retirement, will have to be recalculated

(i) based on his last pay drawn or average emoluments for the past 10 months prior to the date of retirement whichever is beneficial and

(ii) based on the minimum qualifying service of 20 years for full pension or otherwise pro-rata, strictly on par with those who retired/retiring after 1.1.2006?

The Reply could be `YES’ - as long as the liberalised/amended decision is not a wholly new concept, a new retiral benefit, the Govt. servants who retired prior to 1.1.2006 will definitely expect for such re-computation of pension based on the amended/liberalised decision.

The line of principle involved with reference to a cut-off date to divide the homogenous class of pensioners, is elaborately discussed in the Judgment passed on 9.10.1998 by the Apex Court in Civil Appeal No. 5048 of 1998 in V. Kasturi Vs. Managing Director, State Bank of India and M L Jain Vs. UOI (1991) 1 SCC 664.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaujiaml View Post
    RE-COMPUTATION OF PENSION FOR PRE-2006 PENSIONERS.

Para 5.2 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

Linkage of full pension with 33 years of Qualifying Service shall be dispensed with. Once a Govt. servant has rendered the minimum qualifying service of 20 years, pension shall be paid at 50% of the emoluments or average emoluments received during the last 10 months, whichever is more beneficial to him.

Para 5.3 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

In cases where Govt. servant becomes entitled to pension on completion of 10 years of qualifying service in accordance with Rule 49(2) of CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 pension in those cases shall also be paid at 50% of the emoluments or average emoluments, whichever is more beneficial to the Govt. servant.

Para 5.4 of DOP&PW OM dated 2.9.2008:

The provisions for calculation of pension in para 5.2 and para 5.3 above shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of this O.M. and shall be applicable to Govt. servant retiring on or after that date(2.9.2008). The Govt. servants who have retired on or after 1.1.2006 but before the date of issue of this O.M. (2.9.2008), will continue to be governed by the Rules/orders which were in force immediately before coming into effect of these orders.

Para 2 of DOP&PW OM F. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 11.12.2008:

It has been decided that the provision of payment of pension at 50% of the emoluments (pay last drawn) or 50% of average emoluments received during the last 10 months, whichever is beneficial to the retiring employee, shall be applicable to all Govt. servants retiring on or after 1.1.2006.

Para 2 of DOP&PW OM F. No. 38/37/38-P&PW(A) dated 10.12.2009:

It has been decided that linkage of full pension with 33 years of qualifying service shall be dispensed with, with effect from 1.1.2006. The revised provisions for calculation of pension in para 5.2 and 5.3 of OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2.9.2008 shall come into force with effect from 1.1.2006 and shall be applicable to the Govt. servants retired/retiring after that date (1.1.2006). Para 5.4 will further stand modified to that extent.

As per the extant orders, only those Govt. servants retired/retiring after 1.1.2006 are entitled to get their pension calculated on the basis of revised methodology/formula spelt through the OM dated 11.12.2008 and 10.12.2009.

Under the circumstances, a genuine question may arise as to -

Whether a Govt. servant retired prior to 1.1.2006 can expect that his basic pension due on the date of retirement, will have to be recalculated

(i) based on his last pay drawn or average emoluments for the past 10 months prior to the date of retirement whichever is beneficial and

(ii) based on the minimum qualifying service of 20 years for full pension or otherwise pro-rata, strictly on par with those who retired/retiring after 1.1.2006?

The Reply could be `YES’ - as long as the liberalised/amended decision is not a wholly new concept, a new retiral benefit, the Govt. servants who retired prior to 1.1.2006 will definitely expect for such re-computation of pension based on the amended/liberalised decision.

The line of principle involved with reference to a cut-off date to divide the homogenous class of pensioners, is elaborately discussed in the Judgment passed on 9.10.1998 by the Apex Court in Civil Appeal No. 5048 of 1998 in V. Kasturi Vs. Managing Director, State Bank of India and M L Jain Vs. UOI (1991) 1 SCC 664.
    As per the orders issued so far, the pension of pre-2006 pensioners will not be recalculated. The revised rules relating to pension are only applicable for those pensioners who retire on or after 1.1.2006.

I agree with you that the pre-2006 pensioners are at a disadvantage when compared to the post-2006 pensioners. This issue can only be rectified by the courts.

Victor

Dear friend. I know it all. I have tried to bring in focus the entire episode and possibility of a solution favourable to the pre 2006 pensioners. One millian dollar question is who will bell the Cat ? Meaning thereby as to who would go to the Court and fight the long battle ? Any takers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As per the orders issued so far, the pension of pre-2006 pensioners will not be recalculated. The revised rules relating to pension are only applicable for those pensioners who retire on or after 1.1.2006.

I agree with you that the pre-2006 pensioners are at a disadvantage when compared to the post-2006 pensioners. This issue can only be rectified by the courts.

Victor

Senior Member dnaga57

Dear friend. I know it all. I have tried to bring in focus the entire episode and possibility of a solution favourable to the pre 2006 pensioners. One millian dollar question is who will bell the Cat ? Meaning thereby as to who would go to the Court and fight the long battle ? Any takers ?
    Dear MLK
    I am willing, either as a separate case or clubbed with any other present one.
    I will need ARR, VN, MLk's advise regardig documents to cite.
    Of course ALL ffected are welcome to join.
    One technical point- I am at Hyderabad, I retired fro SE Rly. Is it OK for me to file in CAT Hydbad?

Dear MLK
    I am willing, either as a separate case or clubbed with any other present one.
    I will need ARR, VN, MLk's advise regardig documents to cite.
    Of course ALL ffected are welcome to join.
    One technical point- I am at Hyderabad, I retired fro SE Rly. Is it OK for me to file in CAT Hydbad?
    My dear DNaga. I know about you. Kindly talk to Shri Pratap Narain. He is also affected in the same manner. I am myself not affected as I retired with more than 33 yrs of qualifying service. However, I am ready to extend any help needed by you. Recently, I studied the case of ML Jain. This judgement of SC would be helpful. I have sent a copy of full judgement to rrewa.org for putting it on their website. I have also got copy of full judgement of V. Kasturi. This judgement from SC would also be very useful. I have just completed its study. I can help in drafting the petition, too. There are other SC judgements which would be of great help. I am confident that if a separate case is moved in CAT by people who retired with more than 20 yrs of qualifying service, they would be able to get their pension fixed equal to those who retired with 33 yrs qualifying service prioer to 01.01.06. You know the norm normally adopted by Courts in respect of the "arrears", which are given by the Court from the date on which the first time a favourable judgement is given. Whether you would like to go to CAT / Hydrabad or Delhi, would depend as to where it would be possible for you to plead the case along with your Advocate. After CAT it would be HC and then SC irrespective of the fact who wins because appeals would come from whosoever looses in lower Court. Kindly consider these facts before taking any final decision. The process is long and painful and would test your endurance.
    Last edited by Kanaujiaml; 09-09-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: for editing

Senior Member G.Ramdas is on a distinguished road

Dear All,
    "The line of principle involved with reference to a cut-off date to divide the homogenous class of pensioners, is elaborately discussed in the Judgment passed on 9.10.1998 by the Apex Court in Civil Appeal No. 5048 of 1998 in V. Kasturi Vs. Managing Director, State Bank of India and M L Jain Vs. UOI (1991) 1 SCC 664."
    If pre-2006 pensioners are going to test the above logic in a legal case, they can also cite the recent instructions for creation of Non functional selection grade posts to post 2006 officers (which will include retirees as well) as personal posts to them, as the gap between pre and post 2006 pensioners will be further widened with these orders.An STS officer with 7 years of Gr.A service can get a promotion now, as per these orders and most of the erstwhile s 29 officers retiring after 2006 Jan will get S-30 pay and pension.
    G.Ramdas

Dear Shri DNaga,

MY HELP/ ASSISTANCE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHETHER YOU SEEK OR DONT SEEK!

Earlier I had given particulars regarding Dr Kotra of Ex SCientist of Defence and President of Defence Scientists Pensioners Association at Secunderabad and he had also reacted positively help you in case you desire to go to CAT at Hyderabad.

I am sure there must be a good lot of VRS/ less than 33 yrs retirees at Hyderabad/ Sec'bad.

Even otherwise, I would suggest once again, that you start preparing for a CAT case at Hyderabad. I think by now you may yourself present and argue the case. No great skill required. CAT cases are less complicated.

Many others will certainly join you, -- once the initial "inertia" is overcome to venture to plan filing a CAT case.

vnatarajan

Senior Member dnaga57

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post

Dear Shri DNaga,

MY HELP/ ASSISTANCE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHETHER YOU SEEK OR DONT SEEK!

Earlier I had given particulars regarding Dr Kotra of Ex SCientist of Defence and President of Defence Scientists Pensioners Association at Secunderabad and he had also reacted positively help you in case you desire to go to CAT at Hyderabad.

I am sure there must be a good lot of VRS/ less than 33 yrs retirees at Hyderabad/ Sec'bad.

Even otherwise, I would suggest once again, that you start preparing for a CAT case at Hyderabad. I think by now you may yourself present and argue the case. No great skill required. CAT cases are less complicated.

Many others will certainly join you, -- once the initial "inertia" is overcome to venture to plan filing a CAT case.

vnatarajan
    Thank you VN
    I have contacted Kotra... He was very helpful.
    Will try to meet his lawyer & see how to proceed.
    Numbers will make a difference....
    Thanks again

Thank you VN
    I have contacted Kotra... He was very helpful.
    Will try to meet his lawyer & see how to proceed.
    Numbers will make a difference....
    Thanks again
    My dear D. Nagarajan. I sent an e.mail on dnag57@yahoo.com but it bounced back. I wanted to convey the message that Shri Pratap Narain is interested to discuss the matter with you.

Senior Member dnaga57

My dear D. Nagarajan. I sent an e.mail on dnag57@yahoo.com but it bounced back. I wanted to convey the message that Shri Pratap Narain is interested to discuss the matter with you.
    Dear MLK
    It is danaga57@yahoo.com
    I think I have got your corrected message on ShriPratap Narayanan. I will talk to him & possibly form a <33 yrs pensioners group .
    There have been some messages indicating interest.
    I am a bit tied with my mothers anniversary ceremony... soon will start 'full steam'
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast