+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shout Box

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Smile Shout Box

Sirs,

For the last 4-5 days, when I am shifting pages in the shout box, automatically the internet displays the message 'server not found' and gets disconnected.

What could be the problem?

Regards

RKR

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

Try now do you have good broadband internet connection, because just now i tried it is working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    Try now do you have good broadband internet connection, because just now i tried it is working fine for me.
    Sorry Mr. Ravi, I did not see your post yesterday.

I have MTNL broadband (Triband) and it is very good. The speed is very good and I am quite satisfied about it. All these days there were no problem. I had to reformat the HDD due to trojan virus and thereafter, the net is also functioning fine. It is only the Chatterbox - Very often , as I am shifting pages - it gets disconnected.

Any way I will try again for a couple of days before I call somebody.

Thanks and Regards

RKR

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

I feel you will need to install flash or javascript I am not sure, but this can be a possibility.

Administrator Suresh has disabled reputation Suresh's Avatar

Do you get the 'Server not found' for the whole page or just he chat window? If it is just within the chat window then most probably it is due to some problem with the shoutmix server. Btw, do u experience the problem even now or has it disappeared?

Mr Ravi, Thank you. I will try that also (Flash player...).

Mr. Suresh,

The problem is only with the Chatter box- and that too for the last 10 days. I come home in the evening and put the net on and go to the Chatter box site, after viewing this forum. From morning to evening whatever happened , I usually see. So, when I am shifting the pages, the message you mentioned appears and site gets disconnected.

[I have formatted the hard disk again. Today, of the 4 times I opened the site, twice it happened].

You have used some technical term. Can you please eloberate for me to understand?

Mr. Suresh, while on the subject (because you hardly appear on this site ], May I pose a few more questions -

(a) The movement in chatter box - if it is from top to bottom, will it not be easy to read and move between pages ?

(b) Will it be possible to slightly elongage the box in width?

(c) Thirdly, is there a method/option to go to a particular page directly? (for example, I have to click 7-8 times to go to the post at a beginning of a day, If I access it in the night). Is there an option to go directly to ? I mean "Go to page ___" option. If not, is there any idea of providing one in the next change, whenever it takes place?

(d) We can see names of the users in the box but not the guests. Any reason, Sir?

(e) Lastly,If the size of the chatter box is increased vertically and horizontally and about 1/2" box at the top is left for GConnect authorities, I think it will be easier for people to know Gconnect's response there when we ask/complain about something.

Thank you and Regards, Sir.

RK Rao
    Last edited by R K Rao; 19-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread