+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Folder Security

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Smile Folder Security

Dear Sirs,

Like we give password and protect the files in MS Word etc, How do we protect an entire folder itself.

I tried 'Share Folder option' and gave password for reading and modifying but just by clicking the contents appear which I do not want.

What I want is, If I clock(double click) on the folder, it should ask for password before it shows the contents.

Is such a thing possible?

Thanks and Regards

RK Rao

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

There are lots of ways to secure data. One thing is if you keep the folder in your documents then it will be accessible only to yourself i.e in your login only, so when someone else logins in your computer with their ID they will not be able to view the folder. Also depends on the IT knowledge of people working in your organisation. For eg. a simple folder can be hidden and then whenever you want to use it, in folder settings check the Show Hidden Files and Folders check box. Also you can use some free softwares to protect your folders.

The free softwares are found in this link.

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads...ct-folder.html

http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/...er+Protection/

Else if you wish to encrypt the folders for security purpose without using softwares then kindly refer this link:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000705.htm

Dear RSK,

It is really nice of you giving the options and the links available. I shall try them.

Thank you once again and Regards

RKR

Dear RSK,

As advised by you, I had gone to properties and saw - but there is no 'advanced' option. Only 'Gen', 'Share', 'Customise' options are available.
    The general contains read only, archieve and general things, the share - self explanatory and customise contains folder coloring etc.

I am using Windows XP Professional 5.1 SP2 ver.

Regards

RKR

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Dear sir,

TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software by which we can password protect space in the hard disk. it is available in www.truecrypt.org/downloads

sasi

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    Dear sir,

TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software by which we can password protect space in the hard disk. it is available in www.truecrypt.org/downloads

sasi
    Dear Mr. Sasi,

Due to a password problem, I could not open this site earlier. Thank you for your guidance. I shall try it out. Regards - RK Rao

+ Reply to Thread