+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honouring Members

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Default Honouring Members

Dear Gconnect authorities,

As we all know, hundreds of Government employees visit this forum and have their doubts cleared on various issues relataing to their service conditions and pay related matters. Even after vacating the Govt. service they (Pensioners) continue to use this forum and get their doubts relating to pension cleared/ sorted out.

You (the Gconnect authorities) provide the platform for it. It is a great job and is appreciated.

At the same time, what use this platform would be if there are no veterans to come forward, study the problems of the people/members posted here and give their time and knowledge to reply to them.

If one such veteran replies to a common query, it benefits hundreds.

So, how will it be, if we honour such vetarans by displaying their photograph, alongside their replies? Such an arrangement is seen in some other site (which I donot readily recollect).

---- again just a passing thought.

[ We are even otherwise grateful and respect such seniors]

Thanks and Regards

RKR

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R K Rao View Post
    Dear Gconnect authorities,

As we all know, hundreds of Government employees visit this forum and have their doubts cleared on various issues relataing to their service conditions and pay related matters. Even after vacating the Govt. service they (Pensioners) continue to use this forum and get their doubts relating to pension cleared/ sorted out.

You (the Gconnect authorities) provide the platform for it. It is a great job and is appreciated.

At the same time, what use this platform would be if there are no veterans to come forward, study the problems of the people/members posted here and give their time and knowledge to reply to them.

If one such veteran replies to a common query, it benefits hundreds.

So, how will it be, if we honour such vetarans by displaying their photograph, alongside their replies? Such an arrangement is seen in some other site (which I donot readily recollect).

---- again just a passing thought.

[ We are even otherwise grateful and respect such seniors]

Thanks and Regards

RKR
    Good suggestion. G connect can engage any of the retired person well versed in service matters who will guide the forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by aneesh View Post
    Good suggestion. G connect can engage any of the retired person well versed in service matters who will guide the forum members.

Dear Mr. Aneesh (and the G Connect authorities),

I think my above suggestion has conveyed a slightly different meaning than what I had intended.

My intention was not for engaging a new/retired person to answer the queries.

There are several senior members like Mr Narayanan, Mr. Venkatam, Mr. Jintendra, Mr. Krishnan, Mr. M Rameshwar Singh, Mr. Acharya, Mr. Aneesh here himself and several others ( I am not readily recollecing names of several other seniors) have been helping/guiding us by their invaluable knowledge/replies. I meant such seniors should be honoured by displaying their photographs alongside.

[ I think such an arrangement is there at Computerhope.com - a site for removal of all doubts on computer related matters ]

Mr. Aneesh,

Thanks to you for appreciating my suggestion.

Regards

RKR

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Sirs,
    Senior members like Mr Narayanan, Mr. Venkatam, Mr. Jintendra, Mr. Krishnan, Mr. M Rameshwar Singh, Mr. Acharya, Mr. Aneesh here himself and several others are already doing their best and as suggested by Sri. aneesh, a retired person can be employed.

I this connection, I have a suggestion. In the departments in which each of us are working, there would be some of retired officers/officials with sound knowledge on administrative aspects. We can contact them and make them members (introduce) of the fourm and I think they can contribute a great deal. If the retired officials are unable to operate the IT system, the member who introduces these retired officers/officials can help them in posting threds and replies.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by prasannakumar View Post
    Sirs,
    Senior members like Mr Narayanan, Mr. Venkatam, Mr. Jintendra, Mr. Krishnan, Mr. M Rameshwar Singh, Mr. Acharya, Mr. Aneesh here himself and several others are already doing their best and as suggested by Sri. aneesh, a retired person can be employed.

I this connection, I have a suggestion. In the departments in which each of us are working, there would be some of retired officers/officials with sound knowledge on administrative aspects. We can contact them and make them members (introduce) of the fourm and I think they can contribute a great deal. If the retired officials are unable to operate the IT system, the member who introduces these retired officers/officials can help them in posting threds and replies.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar
    Dear Mr. Prasanna Kumar,

Your suggestion is a very good one. Appreciated.

Regards

RKR

Administrator Suresh has disabled reputation Suresh's Avatar

Thumbs up Displaying Pictures

This is with regard to Mr.R.K.Rao's suggestion on displaying the photographs of the members. The option is already there. Actually there are two ways a member can have his photo displayed.

1. Adding a picture in the users profile.
    2. Using a photo of oneself as an Avatar. Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

To change either of the above, log into the forum and then go to the UserCP link in the menu. It is the first link on the menu and it will take u to the user control panel,

Just check out the links on the left and you would find the Edit Profile Picture and Edit Avatar links. Click the one you want to change. In the next page you will have the option of uploading you pictures from your computer.

Note: Just make sure that the images that you upload are as specified: both dimension and file size.

I guess if all the users use their pictures as their avatar then it would be nice as we could then know each other by face.
    Last edited by Suresh; 31-03-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suresh View Post
    This is with regard to Mr.R.K.Rao's suggestion on displaying the photographs of the members. The option is already there. Actually there are two ways a member can have his photo displayed.

1. Adding a picture in the users profile.
    2. Using a photo of oneself as an Avatar. Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

To change either of the above, log into the forum and then go to the UserCP link in the menu. It is the first link on the menu and it will take u to the user control panel,

Just check out the links on the left and you would find the Edit Profile Picture and Edit Avatar links. Click the one you want to change. In the next page you will have the option of uploading you pictures from your computer.

Note: Just make sure that the images that you upload are as specified: both dimension and file size.

I guess if all the users use their pictures as their avatar then it would be nice as we could then know each other by face.

Dear Mr. Suresh,

For the second time, you have proved that the authorities / adminstrators at the GConnect are receptive of valid suggestions by its members. We are grateful to you, Sir(s).

Secondly, thank you for giving the detailed instructions on uploading of photograph of the members.

I also thank you for your kind suggestion about all of us uploading our photograph so that (as you rightly said) we may know each other by face.

It is my request to all the members of the forum to kindly take action on this aspect and upload their photograph, after which, I am sure, the site will look even nicer and interesting.

Regards and Thanks

RK Rao
    Last edited by Suresh; 31-03-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Junior Member candice067 is on a distinguished road

hey thats nice

+ Reply to Thread