+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cabinet approoved additional 8% DA

  1. #1
    Member akraiism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default Cabinet approoved additional 8% DA

    Today cabinet announced 8% hike of DA from 01.01.2010.

  2. #2
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akraiism View Post
    Today cabinet announced 8% hike of DA from 01.01.2010.
    Really a good news. Thank you for the same

  3. #3
    Member DoToff is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48

    Question Why does Govt take 3 months to declare the new DA

    Friends ,
    I have some queries:
    (1) why does the Govt take three months to declare the new applicable DA. (My organisation takes 1 month more beyond this to implement the new DA)
    (2) Why does this have to be aprroved by Cabinet every time? When the basis of calculating the new DA is defined why can it not happen by a simple MoF ( or any other Ministry)order ?
    (3) As a case of natural justice can we (employees) not ask the Govt to pay us what is due to us from back date WITH INTEREST?
    -DoToff

  4. #4
    Member DoToff is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    48

    Question Seniors can you tell......

    Seniors pls see my queries in above post.
    Anyone has explanations for above queries?
    If these queries are not explanable, I plan to raise them thru RTI.
    -DoToff

  5. #5
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoToff View Post
    Friends ,
    I have some queries:
    (1) why does the Govt take three months to declare the new applicable DA. (My organisation takes 1 month more beyond this to implement the new DA)
    (2) Why does this have to be aprroved by Cabinet every time? When the basis of calculating the new DA is defined why can it not happen by a simple MoF ( or any other Ministry)order ?
    (3) As a case of natural justice can we (employees) not ask the Govt to pay us what is due to us from back date WITH INTEREST?
    -DoToff
    As you mentioned, if your organisation can take 1 month just to implement the new DA, then is it not fair that the MOF takes around three months to declare the new DA. The issue is not as simple as it looks.

    The basis of calculating the new DA is not defined. It is the discretion of the Government to decide the revised DA keeping the index in view and the financial implications involved. So the Government can declare less DA if the financial health of the government is not in good shape.

    As far as interest on arrears are concerned, kindly look holistically at what Government is giving us as a package. Don't look at things in a piece-meal manner.

    Comments/Views of other members are welcome.

    Victor

  6. #6
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As you mentioned, if your organisation can take 1 month just to implement the new DA, then is it not fair that the MOF takes around three months to declare the new DA. The issue is not as simple as it looks.

    The basis of calculating the new DA is not defined. It is the discretion of the Government to decide the revised DA keeping the index in view and the financial implications involved. So the Government can declare less DA if the financial health of the government is not in good shape.

    As far as interest on arrears are concerned, kindly look holistically at what Government is giving us as a package. Don't look at things in a piece-meal manner.

    Comments/Views of other members are welcome.

    Victor
    the government is bound to work with some rules
    the financial power to sanction da rest with cabinet and so they decide
    i know how much salary is payable to me so can i fix it myself?
    the system keeps checks and balances by delegating proper authority and responsibility at various levels

    and lets not forget the releasing da to cg employees is not the only job of the union
    they have so many burning issues

    i fully agree that we are so much better off than unorganized work force and lets be thankful for that

  7. #7
    Member akraiism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I think it is as per recomendation of pay commission,a line is mentioned in the recomendations that DA will be released in the month of March and September of every year.
    Projection says DA hike from next January 2010 will be around 5% .

  8. #8
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    do u mean jan 2011?

  9. #9
    Member VASU is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    41

    Default discussion about DA wef 1.1.2010

    Above discussion about DA wef 1.1.2010? (wrt post# 1).

  10. #10
    Member akraiism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramanrao60 View Post
    do u mean jan 2011?
    Sorry i mean Jan 2011.Please reread:

    Projection says DA hike from next January 2011 will be around 5% .

  11. #11
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    what is the basis for this projection?
    inflation is a bit down but not so much as to convince one about becoming half of what it was in jun end

  12. #12
    Member akraiism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramanrao60 View Post
    what is the basis for this projection?
    inflation is a bit down but not so much as to convince one about becoming half of what it was in jun end
    It is based on the past six months CPI which have already come:
    Jan 10 172
    Feb 10 170
    Mar 10 170
    Apr 10 170
    May 10 172
    June 10 174
    Follow up the assumption of remaining 6 months CPI as follows:
    July10 174
    Aug10 176
    Sep10 178
    Oct 179
    Nov10 180
    Dec10 181
    On the basis above assumed data expected DA hike from jan 2011 will be around 5%(+ -) 1%.

  13. #13
    Member akraiism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    My above projection about DA from Jan 2011 has lost its significance with release of AICPIN for July 2010 as 178.I projected the figure assuming AICPIN rise as slow as it was in first half (Jan10-june10),but in july it rose 4 points at a strech.Now new projection goes to something around 7%.

  14. #14
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    that looks more likely and realastic

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Additional HRA for NE region
    By dgmpa_netf in forum Allowances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
  2. Cabinet approoved additional 5% DA w.e.f 01.07.09
    By akraiism in forum Allowances
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts