+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Notional Incrtement for June Retirees

  1. #1
    Junior Member ONKAR SINGH RIAR is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Notional Incrtement for June Retirees

    Sir,

    As per recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission annual increments are now being granted on 1st July every year. The next date of increment of those who retired on 30th June in 2007, 2008 and 2009 was 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009. Due to retirement increments accrued on 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009 could not be granted. But these retirees had rendered full one year’s qualifying service for grant of annual increment. As pension is deferred wages it is appropriate that these retirees are granted ‘Notional Increment’ on 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009 for the purpose of determination of emoluments for working out pensionary benefits.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ONKAR SINGH RIAR View Post
    Sir,

    As per recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission annual increments are now being granted on 1st July every year. The next date of increment of those who retired on 30th June in 2007, 2008 and 2009 was 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009. Due to retirement increments accrued on 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009 could not be granted. But these retirees had rendered full one year’s qualifying service for grant of annual increment. As pension is deferred wages it is appropriate that these retirees are granted ‘Notional Increment’ on 1st Jul 2007, 2008 and 2009 for the purpose of determination of emoluments for working out pensionary benefits.
    Dear Friend,
    In the earlier dispensation of pensioner's benefits, was there any different standard for those who joined/appointed to a post in a month subsequent to the month of birth? For instance, similar situation as depicted by the querist existed where a person retired in a month immediately prior to the month of his annual increment.

  3. #3
    Junior Member P.Jagannathan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default A query in the same heading

    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,
    In the earlier dispensation of pensioner's benefits, was there any different standard for those who joined/appointed to a post in a month subsequent to the month of birth? For instance, similar situation as depicted by the querist existed where a person retired in a month immediately prior to the month of his annual increment.
    [email protected]
    I have completed 20 years of service (as an ex reemployed) in Dec 2009 AND got superannuation retirement and when MACP is considered for completing 20 full years without any promotion in the entry cadre as Direct recruit am I going to be considered for MACP and get notional pension benefits. Like wise many queries will follow in the same way.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P.Jagannathan View Post
    [email protected]
    I have completed 20 years of service (as an ex reemployed) in Dec 2009 AND got superannuation retirement and when MACP is considered for completing 20 full years without any promotion in the entry cadre as Direct recruit am I going to be considered for MACP and get notional pension benefits. Like wise many queries will follow in the same way.
    Dear Friend,

    You are, no doubt, eligible for 2nd MACP upgradation on completion of 20 years of service ( should already have granted 1st ACP upgradation after 12 years) with consequential pensioners benefits

  5. #5
    Junior Member P.Jagannathan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default request clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

    You are, no doubt, eligible for 2nd MACP upgradation on completion of 20 years of service ( should already have granted 1st ACP upgradation after 12 years) with consequential pensioners benefits
    Sir, no acp was followed in my dept as officers were confused and not aware to understand what the rule says.
    Now they have implemented MACP with 1st MACP wef 1st sep 2008.As I am already retired will the 20 years MACP can be used for pension benefits, and am I eligible.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P.Jagannathan View Post
    Sir, no acp was followed in my dept as officers were confused and not aware to understand what the rule says.
    Now they have implemented MACP with 1st MACP wef 1st sep 2008.As I am already retired will the 20 years MACP can be used for pension benefits, and am I eligible.
    Dear Friend,

    Irrespective of your retirement, if you had completed 20 years of service before retirement in September 2008 you are entitled for grant of 1st ACP upgradation from the date you completed 12 years of service and 2nd MACP upgradation from 01.09.2008. In case no ACP upgradation was granted till now for whatever reasons, your pay should be refixed considering grant of 1st ACP with retrospective effect with payment of consequential arrears of pay. Only then the 2nd MACP upgradation can be granted from 01.09.2008. Your pension will also have upward revision accordingly.

  7. #7
    Junior Member P.Jagannathan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default clarification on macp

    sir,
    My date of retirement was 31 st DEC 2009, on super annuation and completed 20 years on 31 DEC 2009.
    Now wef 1/9/2008 with basic as on that date 1st MACP is done.
    My question is for completing 20 years on the date of retirement will I be eligible for 2nd MACP and pension benefits.
    Department is not in mood to look back to implement old ACP.
    Please reply.

  8. #8
    Junior Member P.Jagannathan is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default clarificaton on Macp

    sir,
    I have completed 20 years service on 31/12/2009 and on superannuation retired on the same day.
    My department didnot follow ACP as such with new order on MACP taking the govt declared date as 1st sep 2008 I am given ist MACP even though it is my 19 th year.
    Now on completion of 20 year I am retired will there be 2nd macp on 31/12/2009 I have retired.
    Please reply taking into consideration my department is not going to look back and implement old ACP now.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P.Jagannathan View Post
    sir,
    I have completed 20 years service on 31/12/2009 and on superannuation retired on the same day.
    My department didnot follow ACP as such with new order on MACP taking the govt declared date as 1st sep 2008 I am given ist MACP even though it is my 19 th year.
    Now on completion of 20 year I am retired will there be 2nd macp on 31/12/2009 I have retired.
    Please reply taking into consideration my department is not going to look back and implement old ACP now.
    Dear Friend,

    On completion of 12 years service (in December 2001) you are entitled to an upgradation under the erstwhile ACP scheme of August 1999 in the hierarchy of promotion or to the next higher grade if your post is isolated. Again on completion of 20 years of service (in December 2009) you are eligible for grant of 2nd upgradation under MACP Scheme of May 2009. Terminal benefits such as Gratuity, Leave encashment, etc that are based on ‘Last pay drawn’ will have the influence of upgraded pay as on 31.12.2009.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    if someone is on leave on 1 july 2010,what will be the effect on his increment?

  11. #11
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramanrao60 View Post
    if someone is on leave on 1 july 2010,what will be the effect on his increment?
    Dear Friend,

    Date of annual increment in all cases shall be first of July each year. Any one availing regular leave (such as EL) on first of July or in continuation from or through first of July will forego the monetary benefit of the increment till he rejoins duty. There will be no change in the future dates of increment on this account.

  12. #12
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Increment

    No doubt Govt has done injustice to masses of employees particularly those retiring between January and June since they will not be granted annual encrement. Similarly persons joing between January and June will have to wait for more than one year to get their annual increment

  13. #13
    Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    218

    Default

    dear senior g connectors

    can some body explain to me lucidly what is the difference between 10 yrs minimum qualifying service and 20 years minimum qualifying service for pension and why full pension is admissible in both cases and what specific types of cases are covered by 10 yrs minimum qualifying service and 20 years minimum qualifying service proviso and if 10 years is enough then doesn't 20 years becomes redundant?

  14. #14
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default pension

    Minimum qualifying periond for pension on retirement is 10 years(.) however persons with 20 years and above will get 50% of last pay drawn(.) i n case of others pension shall be reduced proportionately

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. retirement benefits for post sept 08 retirees
    By dkarthikeyan in forum Pensioners
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-03-2010, 10:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-10-2009, 10:36 PM
  3. New O.M. dt. 11.12.2008 for post-2006 retirees.
    By sundarar in forum Pensioners
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-12-2008, 11:05 PM
  4. Notional date for seniority
    By narayanan in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
  5. Pay Fixation on Promotion in June 2007
    By Y Khan in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-09-2008, 05:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts