+ Reply to Thread

Thread: child care leave

Junior Member sunitagupta is on a distinguished road

Question child care leave

Dear administrator

I had submitted a querry to be replied on 14.2.2010 as well as on 19.2.2010 relating to child care leave. And it is still not appearing till today. Pls help.

again placing before you for seeking advice.

I got sanctioned 115 days (61 el and 54 ccl) for the period (3-11-2009 to 27-03-2010) for the purpose of caring my son for his examination appearing for 10th board examination from my section. My Administration department told me that, first apply for 61 daysí earned leave that is upto 1st of feb 2010. and extend the leave afterward. I got santioned 61 daysí el against fresh leave application and which exhausted on 1st feb 2010. Again I requested my section to extend my leave for (15 daysí El i.e.,credited in my account on Ist Jan.2010 + 39 daysí CCL) for the period (2nd feb ,2010 to 27the march 2010) and they sanctioned my leave and forwarded it to administration section. Again they made objections in my leave application stating that only 15 daysí el can be sanctioned and for taking CCL, I have to join the office once and submit a fresh application for CCL that means EL and CCL can not sanctined in one shot? Please guide me? Canít my leave (EL and CCL) not permitted in one shot by the department ? Canít the leaves EL and CCL be joined altogether. Or I have to rejoin the office for availing ccl for the rest of the period?

regards
    sunitagupta

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sunitagupta View Post
    Dear administrator

I had submitted a querry to be replied on 14.2.2010 as well as on 19.2.2010 relating to child care leave. And it is still not appearing till today. Pls help.

I got sanctioned 115 days (61 el and 54 ccl) for the period (3-11-2009 to 27-03-2010) for the purpose of caring my son for his examination appearing for 10th board examination from my section. My Administration department told me that, first apply for 61 daysí earned leave that is upto 1st of feb 2010. and extend the leave afterward. I got santioned 61 daysí el against fresh leave application and which exhausted on 1st feb 2010. Again I requested my section to extend my leave for (15 daysí El i.e.,credited in my account on Ist Jan.2010 + 39 daysí CCL) for the period (2nd feb ,2010 to 27the march 2010) and they sanctioned my leave and forwarded it to administration section. Again they made objections in my leave application stating that only 15 daysí el can be sanctioned and for taking CCL, I have to join the office once and submit a fresh application for CCL that means EL and CCL can not sanctined in one shot? Please guide me? Canít my leave (EL and CCL) not permitted in one shot by the department ? Canít the leaves EL and CCL be joined altogether. Or I have to rejoin the office for availing ccl for the rest of the period?

regards
    sunitagupta
    Dear Mrs. Gupta,

Please see the last sentence of para 1(c) of the order at the following link which clearly states that Child Care Leave (CCL) may be combined with leave of the kind due and admissible.
    http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...8-Estt.(L).pdf

Vide para 2(i) of the order at link below, you may also note that one can not proceed on CCL without proper prior approval of the leave sanctioning authority. Para 2(iv) prescribes that you must exhaust EL at your credit for being eligible to avail CCL.
    http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/....(L)181108.pdf

It, therefore, appears that you could have applied for and got sanctioned the EL/CCL jointly in the first instance itself. Now since the CCL will need prior sanction, you will be required to join duty and avail the leave.

Member sanchali is on a distinguished road

Smile child care leave

Sir/Madam,

I have unfortunately 250 earned leave, which i have acccumulated by giving service to my office. I have a child of 5 years age. I am mentally upset because i can not take care of my son by taking CCL. I am in such a position that I can neither exhaust my EL nor i can take CCL. In my office where i am posted, ther are only two ladies. My other colleague is having son of 16 years. She had 100 EL which she exhausted after the declaration CCL, during board exam. Now she is enjoying CCL for 14 months without any cause, just to avail full benifit of CCL. My problem is that in such a situation my El are sometimes not sanctioned or i am directed not to take EL as office work is hampered because therewill be no employee in that division .
    It therby invites problems
    1. I can not take care of my child.
    2. If i am not allowed to take EL how i will proceed for CCL.

I think number of female employees are facing this problem.I will request the competent authority to solve this problem.

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Child care leave

Sanchaliji,

Exhausting EL as done by your colleague in my opinion is foolishness. If one is confident of accruing EL up to 300 days after exhausting the present EL at credit and the CCL, then go for it. Otherwise it requires 10 years of left over service in which one should not avail any EL which is not that easy.

Please look around you and understand how other ladies other than the one who exhausted the EL are manging their family and children's needs. I sincerely advise to cope up with the situation and accommodate with facilities available at present.

Further, if you present your needs and convince your administration, I feel they will also accommodate.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Junior Member bgautam63 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sunitagupta View Post
    Dear administrator

regards
    sunitagupta
    Dear Ms Gupta,
    My wife is also a central Govt. employee and presently on CCL. The leave can be sanctioned only after end of EL under a fresh request. The leave can be availed at atime for two years or in period/interval upto max. of two years.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread