+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: admissibility of difference of train fare and air fare in LTC

Junior Member vidhi is on a distinguished road

Unhappy admissibility of difference of train fare and air fare in LTC

can anyone pl help?
    i am a Gr B officer and availed LTC to NER by private airlines not by AI as latest memo(13/07/09).On this forum members have said that one is entitled to get the differential of train fare and air fare if he/she has not travelled by AI.
    is there any memo/document , so that i can represent .

My PAO is denying even the 2 AC train fare and my LTC bill is not being finalize.

Thanks
    vidhi

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vidhi View Post
    can anyone pl help?
    i am a Gr B officer and availed LTC to NER by private airlines not by AI as latest memo(13/07/09).On this forum members have said that one is entitled to get the differential of train fare and air fare if he/she has not travelled by AI.

My PAO is denying even the 2 AC train fare and my LTC bill is not being finalize.

Thanks
    vidhi
    Dear Friend,

Unfortunately there is no order available in your favour. In all cases of air travel, the present rules prescribe that one has to travel only by Air India if Government has to bear the cost of air passage (limited to LTC 80 fare in the case of LTC).

Junior Member rajanch is on a distinguished road

Default Is that LTC-80 ticket is mandatory?

Is that LTC-80 ticket is mandatory?
    Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC. Because in our organisation some one in the accounts informed me that only LTC-80 ticket is valid, any other ticket either or more or less fare than LTC-80 of Indian airlines are not enough. Can you help me with base of OMs, so that I can question him.

Quote Originally Posted by rajanch View Post
    Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC. Because in our organisation some one in the accounts informed me that only LTC-80 ticket is valid, any other ticket either or more or less fare than LTC-80 of Indian airlines are not enough. Can you help me with base of OMs, so that I can question him.
    Dear Friend,

Please follow the link below for necessary orders on the subject.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...6-Estt.(A).pdf

can anyone pl help?

Thanks
    vidhi
    Dear Friend,
    Please see the latest order which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines.

can anyone pl help?

Thanks
    vidhi
    Dear Friend,

Please see the latest order (link below) which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines..

http://persmin.gov.in/writedata/Circ...-Estt.(A)1.pdf
    Last edited by tvenkatam; 12-03-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Junior Member grparvati is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Official travel by air by pvt. airways

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,
    Please see the latest order which clarifies on the subject. If your bill is not yet settled, you may be eligible for entitled class of journey by rail instead of airfare of private airlines.
    Sir,

What about an official who travels on duty?

I had to attend a training programme at Pondicherry during vacation in October 2009. Due to medical emergency of my mother, I travelled from Pune to Chennai by Jet airways to be present in time. I am not entitled to airfare. But I have not been paid even the entitled II AC fare. Please let me know if I can represent against this.

grparvati

Junior Member tirupati is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc to ner by pvt air lines

Dear sir,
    I m a Judge in Rajasthan Judicial Service posted as ACJM and entiled to avail HTC/LTC as per the norms aplicable to the central Govt. employs.
    As per cent.Govt. O.M. dated 02/05/2008 the last date to avail NER HTC Facility is 01/05/2010 and there is no avilability of tickets in AIRINDIA LTC-80 Plan up to last date
    Weather i may avail the facility by pvt. air line and clame should be restricted up to LTC-80 fair or charges actualy paid which is less?

if Yes, plz. refer the concern O.M
    if no then why? plz. refer the concern O.M.

I Listen that the Period to visit NER By air journy is increasing is From 01/05/2010 it true

Default Ltc 80 is not mandatory only economy class is mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

Please follow the link below for necessary orders on the subject.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...6-Estt.(A).pdf
    I Dont eagree with tvenkatam because refered O.M.Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
    "the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/B]"
    it never say that "the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80"
    so in my view the actul meaning and sprit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"

Default Is that LTC-80 ticket is mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by rajanch View Post
    I Don't agree with tvenkatam because referred O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
    "the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/b]"
    it never say that "the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80"
    so in my view the actual meaning and spirit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"

Member kgkacharya is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tirupati View Post
    I Don't agree with tvenkatam because referred O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 says only that
    "the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement,[/b]"
    so in my view the actual meaning and spirit of O.M. Dated 9th sept 2009 is "that the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted up to Any Economic Class ticket either more less charge than LTC ticket of Indian Airlines is sufficient for LTC"
    As per Sixth pay commission recommendations, those drawing grade pay of Rs.5400 and above are entitled to travel by Air. As per LTC orders 2.05.2008 and 14.05.2008 Group A and B officers [Gazetted and Non-Gazetted] are entitled to tranvel by Air on LTC to NER. However, as per Govt. order dated 11.03.2010 clarifies that restriction of travel by Air India only need not apply to non entitled officers who travel by air and claim LTC reimbursement by entitled class of Rail. Please see the orders: http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...t.%28A%291.pdf From this it is very clear that those who are entitled to travel by air, on claiming LTC they have to travel by Air India only.

Quote Originally Posted by kgkacharya View Post
    As per Sixth pay commission recommendations, those drawing grade pay of Rs.5400 and above are entitled to travel by Air. As per LTC orders 2.05.2008 and 14.05.2008 Group A and B officers [Gazetted and Non-Gazetted] are entitled to tranvel by Air on LTC to NER. However, as per Govt. order dated 11.03.2010 clarifies that restriction of travel by Air India only need not apply to non entitled officers who travel by air and claim LTC reimbursement by entitled class of Rail. Please see the orders: http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...t.%28A%291.pdf From this it is very clear that those who are entitled to travel by air, on claiming LTC they have to travel by Air India only.
    But sir here is the discussion is that in economy class how much fare will be reamburseble Weather "the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80" or Weather "any cost of travel in economy class"[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tirupati View Post
    But sir here is the discussion is that in economy class how much fare will be reamburseble Weather "the cost of travel up to fare of LTC 80" or Weather "any cost of travel in economy class"[/B]
    Dear Sir,

Please read para 2 of the order at link below:

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/....%28A%29-1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by grparvati View Post
    Sir,

What about an official who travels on duty?

I had to attend a training programme at Pondicherry during vacation in October 2009. Due to medical emergency of my mother, I travelled from Pune to Chennai by Jet airways to be present in time. I am not entitled to airfare. But I have not been paid even the entitled II AC fare. Please let me know if I can represent against this.

grparvati
    Dear Madam,

You are entitled to AC 2tier fare by train. Please refer to the link below.

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...t.%28A%291.pdf

Member ajitmeitei27 is on a distinguished road

can a non-entitled officer travel by private airline to NER LTC from guwahati / kolkata ?

Quote Originally Posted by ajitmeitei27 View Post
    can a non-entitled officer travel by private airline to NER LTC from guwahati / kolkata ?
    Dear Friend,

All air journeys are to be performed only by National Airlines if the airfare is to be claimed. In case of journey by private airlines the claim will be restricted to entitlement by train.

Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply but if the reimbursement is to be restricted by entitled train fare, what about state like Manipur, Arunachal, Mizoram etc where there is no trains ?

Member kgkacharya is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ajitmeitei27 View Post
    Dear Sir, Thanks for the reply but if the reimbursement is to be restricted by entitled train fare, what about state like Manipur, Arunachal, Mizoram etc where there is no trains ?
    Dear Sir,
    Group 'C' & 'D' employees are entitled to travel by Air from Guwahati or Kolkata to NER as per Govt. order dated 02.05.2008. Hence they have to travel by Air India only and not by private airlines. Restriction of travel by 'Air India only' need not apply to non-entitled class officers who travel by Air and claim LTC reimbrusement by entilted class of Rail as per Govt order dated 11.03.2010.

as per order no 14th May,2008 restriction of travel by private airline is permissable in NER LTC.

memo. no. dt 11/3/10 deals with the other region and not meant for NER
    please read point no. 3

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/..._LTC_Rules.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast