+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRA Rule

Member akraiism is on a distinguished road

Default HRA Rule

One of my friend is in Central government job and posted in Jharkhand,and his wife is a Teacher in West bengal state services.Both have not been provided any official accommodation and they are living in rented house at their respective places.My friend is getting HRA as per entitlement, but in west bengal when his wife claims for HRA,her office is putting a ceiling and saying since you both are working so your combined HRA should not exceed more than Rs 6000/- and husband is already getting Rs 6200 HRA so you will not get any money as HRA.Since both are posted at different places even in different services,so i think their HRA calculation should not be clubbed.Am i right or not and if any rule exist regarding this let me know,please.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by akraiism View Post
    One of my friend is in Central government job and posted in Jharkhand,and his wife is a Teacher in West bengal state services.Both have not been provided any official accommodation and they are living in rented house at their respective places.My friend is getting HRA as per entitlement, but in west bengal when his wife claims for HRA,her office is putting a ceiling and saying since you both are working so your combined HRA should not exceed more than Rs 6000/- and husband is already getting Rs 6200 HRA so you will not get any money as HRA.Since both are posted at different places even in different services,so i think their HRA calculation should not be clubbed.Am i right or not and if any rule exist regarding this let me know,please.
    Dear Friend,

Vide orders of Government of West Bengal (para 9 (1) of the link below), effective from 1st April 2009, the HRA admissible to the teachers employed in the state aided institutions will be 15% of basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs. 6000. The ceiling of HRA drawn by husband and wife together will also be pegged at Rs. 6000 per month.

http://www.jadavpur.edu/announce/No_502_Edn_U_.pdf

Member akraiism is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for such a prompt and accurate response,TVENKATAM jee.I really admire you for your knowledge.

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Dear sir,
    HRA rule of West Bengal is unfortunate.Kolkata HC set aside some HRA rule of state govt..Please think the struggle of these or similar working couples in personnel life and over all expenses.

+ Reply to Thread