+ Reply to Thread

Thread: House Rent Allowance

Junior Member sanjeev_diwan

Smile House Rent Allowance

I have been recently transfered.

For how long can I retain my Government Accommodation at the old station?

while retaining Government Accomodation at the old station, can I occupy Government Accomodation at the new station also ?

If I am not provided with the Government Accomodation at the new station, can I claim HRA at the new station while I am occupying Government Accomodation at the old station ?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_diwan View Post
    I have been recently transfered.

For how long can I retain my Government Accommodation at the old station?

while retaining Government Accomodation at the old station, can I occupy Government Accomodation at the new station also ?

If I am not provided with the Government Accomodation at the new station, can I claim HRA at the new station while I am occupying Government Accomodation at the old station ?
    Dear Friend,

In the case of transfer to another location, you can retain the Government accommodation at the old station for a period of 2 months. Due to illness in the family or children education, the family may be allowed to occupy the accommodation for a further period of 6 months on payment of twice the amount of License fee.

If accommodation is not allotted at the new station, based on the ‘no accommodation certificate’ issued by the Estates Officer, HRA can be claimed at the new station even during the period of retention of accommodation at the old station. On allotment of accommodation at new station no HRA will be payable. Simultaneously the accommodation at the old station can be retained for a maximum of 8 (2 + 6) months subject to payment of prescribed License fee.

Junior Member sanjeev_diwan

Smile

Dear Mr. tvenkatam

Thank you very much for your reply !! I am presently occupying govt qtrs at old station and staying in public sector guest house. can i now claim HRA and for how long ?
    pl. do enlighten me on this also
    thanks a ton
    regards
    sanjeev

Junior Member mauryavip is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for such clarification Mr. tvenkatam.

I would request you to provide the reference of the concerned Central Government HRA rule in this regard so the the copy of the same could be produced before the office.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread