+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pharmacist as a Compounder

Member ajitmeitei27 is on a distinguished road

Default Pharmacist as a Compounder

Sir,
    i am working in the intelligence bureau, ministry of home affair (Diploma in pharmacy with registration with the state pharmacy council) which is the minimum qualification that of a Pharmacist but my present designation is compounder.
    My pay is same as pharmacist i.e Pre revised Rs 4500/- Revised is 5200-20200 , G.P is Rs 2800/- and my job nature is also the same as a pharmacist. As you are aware that in other ministry & even in the same ministry like CRPF, ITBP, there is no such post now a days, such posts are renamed as Pharmacist and also having grading( Pharmasict entry level, Pharmacist grade II, & I, currently mearged as pharmacist non functional grade) having the same qualification where as in our department we did not have anygrading. i write the matter to our higher authorities many times to rename the outdated designation compounder as pharmacist but i did not get any reply in this regard, can you give me some light on the matter ? should we(there are only about 15 compounders in our department posted in diffrent state) file a case ? or is there any related copy or O.M(written order from the concern ministry ) to renamed the compounder as pharmacist. In this organisation, every Cadre have promotional Scope except the paramedical cadre, Even Drivers have got Promotion .

2. Will we get the benifit of the recent upgradation of pharmacist to PB-2 ?

3. My Present pay is 13,910/- (including grade pay) & my first MACPS due on June 19' 2010, I have an option to fix my pay on 19th june 2010 or 1st july 2010, which one is beneficial to me ? & what will be my basic after the MACPS.

Thangking you.
    Last edited by ajitmeitei27; 12-01-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ajitmeitei27 View Post
    Sir,
    i am working in the intelligence bureau, ministry of home affair (Diploma in pharmacy with registration with the state pharmacy council) which is the minimum qualification that of a Pharmacist but my present designation is compounder.
    My pay is same as pharmacist i.e Pre revised Rs 4500/- Revised is 5200-20200 , G.P is Rs 2800/- and my job nature is also the same as a pharmacist. As you are aware that in other ministry & even in the same ministry like CRPF, ITBP, there is no such post now a days, such posts are renamed as Pharmacist and also having grading( Pharmasict entry level, Pharmacist grade II, & I, currently mearged as pharmacist non functional grade) having the same qualification where as in our department we did not have anygrading. i write the matter to our higher authorities many times to rename the outdated designation compounder as pharmacist but i did not get any reply in this regard, can you give me some light on the matter ? should we(there are only about 15 compounders in our department posted in diffrent state) file a case ? or is there any related copy or O.M(written order from the concern ministry ) to renamed the compounder as pharmacist. In this organisation, every Cadre have promotional Scope except the paramedical cadre, Even Drivers have got Promotion .

2. Will we get the benifit of the recent upgradation of pharmacist to PB-2 ?

3. My Present pay is 13,910/- (including grade pay) & my first MACPS due on June 19' 2010, I have an option to fix my pay on 19th june 2010 or 1st july 2010, which one is beneficial to me ? & what will be my basic after the MACPS.

Thangking you.
    Dear Friend,

The scale of Pharmacists in any of the department does not seem to have been upgraded. Pharmacists in some of the Departments already held pre-revised scales corresponding to 4200 in PB-2. Redesignation of the post of Compounder to Pharmacist with corresponding revision in RR will have to be done by your Department so as to seek parity with other Pharmacists.

If you have your pay fixed on 19.06.2010, on MACP upgradation, your pay in the pay band will be 11530 plus GP 4200 from 19.06.2010 and your DNI will be 01.07.2011. If you exercise option to have your pay fixed on upgradation from the date of next increment, then your GP will be 4200 from 19.06.2010 and the pay in the pay band will be refixed from 01.07.2010 (with one notional and one annual increment) at 11960 plus GP of 4200. Your DNI in the latter case will also be 01.07.2011.

Thanks Sir, But i would like to apprised u that The Ministry of Finance Vide their O.M no. 1/1/2008-IC Dated 18/11/2009 issued a revised Pay structure of Common category of Pharmacist cadre are granted Non-Functional upgradation to the next higher grade having grage pay of 4200/- in the PB-2 w.e.f 1/1/2006 on completion of 2 years service (.) Till now,there are no pharmacist (Newly appoint) in any sector who held pre-revised scales corresponding to 4200 in PB-2 (.)

Can somebody help me in the matter to redesignated the compounder as pharmacist ? Our department has neglected the matter, we (All the compounders who are are having D.Pharm) have been trying our best effort for the last 10 years but in vein.

What is Non-functional upgradation ?

With warm regard
    Last edited by ajitmeitei27; 12-01-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ajitmeitei27 View Post
    Thanks Sir, But i would like to apprised u that The Ministry of Finance Vide their O.M no. 1/1/2008-IC Dated 18/11/2009 issued a revised Pay structure of Common category of Pharmacist cadre are granted Non-Functional upgradation to the next higher grade having grage pay of 4200/- in the PB-2 w.e.f 1/1/2006 on completion of 2 years service (.) Till now,there are no pharmacist (Newly appoint) in any sector who held pre-revised scales corresponding to 4200 in PB-2 (.)

Can somebody help me in the matter to redesignated the compounder as pharmacist ? Our department has neglected the matter, we (All the compounders who are are having D.Pharm) have been trying our best effort for the last 10 years but in vein.

What is Non-functional upgradation ?

With warm regard

Dear Friend,

The Pharmacists appointed in the entry grade of 2800 are automatically placed in 4200 grade pay on completion of two years under the non-functional upgradation. Such an elevation in the grade pay is not vacancy based and is purely on non functional (without higher responsibilities) or personal basis.

Default New orders

t’s a pathetic situation for the Pharmacist in Central Government, that eight months after the issuance of the order which enables upgrading this post ,as per the Fast Track Committee recommendation, to the grade pay of Rs.4200/-in the Pay Band PB-2 after completing two years in the entry grade at grade pay of Rs.2800/- in PB-I,has not yet been implemented.

Now all the Central Government Institutions/Hospitals having Pharmacist have been directed by the Minstry to implement the above said order immediately and compliance report along with a copy of the order to be sent to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for information and further necessary action.

Please find the Memo in the link

http://www.gservants.com/wp-content/...pharmacist.pdf

+ Reply to Thread