+ Reply to Thread

Thread: promotion and fixation

Member gokul1969

Default promotion and fixation

If an employee is promoted in 11/2005 and opts to get his pay fixed after drawal of next increment i.e. in 2/2006, how to fix the pay. Should we treat his promotion as 2/2006 or on what basis the pay is to be fixed
    gokul

Junior Member shri75 is on a distinguished road

as you are promoted before jan 2006 it would not considered as fixation on promotion albeit as fixation on next increment ie basic on feb 2006 multiplied by 1.86 that is all, and corresponding grade pay will be given.
    Guidance can never be the same for all. Countless are the varieties of temperament, training, environment, hereditary and pre-natal tendencies and so on. So it is impossible to expect any single stereotyped system of conduct to suit all beings.

- Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahaswami of Sringeri Math

Member gokul1969

Post promotion and fixation

what about for January,2006. Should we fix the pay as per 6pc or 5pc for january. If we fix pay in 2/06 then will the next increment will be in 7/06 or 7/07.

Member gokul1969

Post grant of increment

Whether increment of 3% is to be granted only if there is a promotion with change in grade pay or in respect of all cases because Rule 13 says grant of increment if there is change of one grade pay to another. It this is so if a person is promoted from 5000 scale to 5500 scale between 1.1.2006 and 31.8.2008, since there is no change in grade pay of Rs.4200, whether he is eligble for grant of increment. Clarification issued by the government on 13.9.2008 also speaks about promotion from grade to another/ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by gokul1969 View Post
    what about for January,2006. Should we fix the pay as per 6pc or 5pc for january. If we fix pay in 2/06 then will the next increment will be in 7/06 or 7/07.

if fixed on 1 jan 06 =basic x 1.86 and could get increment on july 07

if fixed on 2/06 then same way basic as on 2/06 x 1.86 and then nex increment would on 7/07.
    Guidance can never be the same for all. Countless are the varieties of temperament, training, environment, hereditary and pre-natal tendencies and so on. So it is impossible to expect any single stereotyped system of conduct to suit all beings.

Whether increment of 3% is to be granted only if there is a promotion with change in grade pay or in respect of all cases because Rule 13 says grant of increment if there is change of one grade pay to another. It this is so if a person is promoted from 5000 scale to 5500 scale between 1.1.2006 and 31.8.2008, since there is no change in grade pay of Rs.4200, whether he is eligble for grant of increment. Clarification issued by the government on 13.9.2008 also speaks about promotion from grade to another/ACP.

I think that as those scales are merged , so the person promoted definately should get next grade pay that is 4600/- I suppose and increment would be given on old basic plus old grade pay and then new grade would be enforced from promoted date.

If the person otpts for his pay fixation on next increment rather than on promotion, then he continues in his old basic however new grade would be enforced from date of promotion and then on next year july he would be given two increments one annual increment and one for promotion however on old basic and grade pay, as mentioned in clarification issued on 13/9/08.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Since u have already promoted before 1/1/2006 and opted to fix ur pay w.e.f. date of increment, u must have been placed in promotional scale w.e.f. the date of ur promotion itself without giving any increment benefit. Now ur pay will be fixed normally by taking into account ur basic of prerevised scale on 1/1/2006 with dni 1/7/06.

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Default Promotion and pay fixation

If an employee is promoted in 11/2005 and opts to get his pay fixed after drawal of next increment i.e. in 2/2006, how to fix the pay. Should we treat his promotion as 2/2006 or on what basis the pay is to be fixed
    gokul
    It will be beneficial for him to change his option for fixation of pay from the date of promotion instead of DNI. He will also get his next increment from July 2006.

Member geeta is on a distinguished road

Default promoiton

Sir i got promotion iln the post of ps and office gave me in office order

"Pay in the promoted grade/post will be fixed in accordance with the relevant provisoins of the fules. Accordinlgy, you should submit written option withing one month"

Sir please tell me how to write option in english please tell me as early as possible

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by geeta View Post
    Sir i got promotion iln the post of ps and office gave me in office order

"Pay in the promoted grade/post will be fixed in accordance with the relevant provisoins of the fules. Accordinlgy, you should submit written option withing one month"

Sir please tell me how to write option in english please tell me as early as possible
    Assuming that your promotion has taken place on or after 2nd Jan 2011, the option for pay fixation could be given as follows:

To

The -------
    ---------
    ---------

Subject: Option for Pay Fixation on promotion - reg.

Sir/Madam,

Reference Office Order No. _____ dated _____ vide which the undersigned has been promoted as Private Secretary w.e.f. _______.

In this connection, it is requested that my pay in the promoted grade/post may be fixed w.e.f. date of increment in the lower grade/post viz. 1st July 2011.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully

(Geeta)
    Personal Assistant

Date: --------------

Victor

+ Reply to Thread