+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ltc to north east

Junior Member Ramasamy59 is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc to north east

I availed 4 year LTC to North East (Shillong) for the block year 2006-2009. Now I wish to go to North East (Gangtak) by converting one of my Home Town LTC for the block year 2010-2011. Can I avail the LTC again to North East?

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ramasamy59 View Post
    I availed 4 year LTC to North East (Shillong) for the block year 2006-2009. Now I wish to go to North East (Gangtak) by converting one of my Home Town LTC for the block year 2010-2011. Can I avail the LTC again to North East?
    Dear Friend,

The facility of four year LTC may be availed for travel to any place in India including North East irrespective of the fact whether or not you availed the assistance to the same place even on earlier occasions.

Member haringp is on a distinguished road

NE order is valid till 1st may 2010.
    it allows conversion of only one HTC to travel to NE.
    Since you availed All india LTC for Shillong , you shall be entiled for travel to Gangtok against HTC 2010-2011.
    only date restriction needs to be followed.

Senior Member svsankar is on a distinguished road

The travel shall be by entitled mode and not by air specifically given for NE. i.e., if you are group B you can travel by air from your nearest airport to north east and if you are group c you can travel be air from kolkata or guwahati to north east. Have you availed the air travel in your all india ltc earlier.
    Last edited by svsankar; 22-12-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Yes. I had availed earlier NE LTC to Shillong and travelled by Air from Delhi as I am an Group B employee.

Dear Sir,
    If that is so you have already completed the special concession for LTC travel to NE by AIR. You can avail All India LTC for the block 2010-2013 to travel to NE but you cannot avail NE air travel facility from Delhi. you cannot avail LTC to Gangtok against Home Town of 2010-2011.
    with regards,
    svsankar

Dear Sir,
    You can very well do so but not against the NE concessional travel facility by Air from your place of duty. This you can do it under the normal All India LTC rules only. I hope my point is clear to you. There are two methods of availing LTC to North East.
    (1) By availing the special concessional travel by air from your native place to North East as you belong to Group B.
    (2) By normal means that is going by entitled class i.e., II AC train to North East.
    S. No. (1) has been availed by you against 2006-2009 All India LTC. S. No.(2) you can avail against 2010-2013 4 year block foregoing the 2010-2011 home town LTC.
    regards,
    sankar

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Ramasamy
    I hope you have cleared your doubt till now. I fully agree with the reply of Shri TVenkatam. You can claim NER special facility by surrendering one of your available home town LTC till May 2010.
    Jitendra

Respected Sir,
    Mr Ramasamy has availed NER special facility against All India LTC 2006-2009 as per clarification No.8 of DOPT OM dated:14-5-2008 as he should have already availed one home town LTC in 2006-2007. NER special facility is available to only one city, the words"a city in North East" in DOPT OM dated:02-5-2008 is relevant. I request
    Mr Venkatam Sir to kindly clarify the point to Mr. Ramasamy once again please.
    with regards
    svsankar.

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by svsankar View Post
    Respected Sir,
    Mr Ramasamy has availed NER special facility against All India LTC 2006-2009 as per clarification No.8 of DOPT OM dated:14-5-2008 as he should have already availed one home town LTC in 2006-2007. NER special facility is available to only one city, the words"a city in North East" in DOPT OM dated:02-5-2008 is relevant. I request
    Mr Venkatam Sir to kindly clarify the point to Mr. Ramasamy once again please.
    with regards
    svsankar.
    I confirm the views of Mr. SV Sankar, Mr. Ramasamy is not eligible of NER LTC by Air, as he has already availed the same for the block 2006 09. However he is not clear whether he has availed the same against the HTC of 2008-09. He can avail any where in India LTC for the block 2010 13 but not eligible for reimbursement of airfare.

Dear Friends,

The query posed by Mr. Ramasamy seemed very simple. He availed LTC to a city in NE against the 4 year block of 2006-09. He wanted to know whether he can again visit NE against the 2 year block of 2010-11.

Under the normal rules of LTC, there is no bar to visit the same place more than once availing the facility to visit any place in India. Mr Ramasamy was, therefore, entitled to visit any place in NE against surrendering the 2 year block of 2010-11 or against the 4 year block of 2010-13.

Assuming that the query related to the concession of converting one 2 year block of Home town LTC into LTC to travel to NER (on the presumption that his home town is different from the place of posting), Mr. Ramasamy has not already availed the special concession of LTC to NER although he had visited Shillong in NE against the 4 year block of 2006-09. Before May 01, 2010 Mr Ramasamy is entitled for LTC to travel to NER by surrendering the 2 year HT block of 2010-11. His 4 year LTC for the block 2010-13 will be in tact.

On the assumption that Mr. Ramasamy is not entitled to air travel (GP being less than 5400) and that the query related to availing the relaxation to travel by air to NER, Mr. Ramasamy already availed the concession against surrender of 2 year block of 2008-09 and is not entitled to claim of the special concession again (to the same city or any other city in NER). He may, however, avail 4 year LTC to any place including North East by the entitled mode of travel.

Now the question is whether Mr. Ramasamy provided all the inputs required to provide a comprehensive and complete reply to his query. Even his confessions that he availed NE LTC and that he belonged to Group B seemed to be an innocent response to the questions posed to him. At no point of time, he informed that he was not eligible to travel by air. His admission of availing NE LTC against a 4 year block may not necessarily mean that he availed the relaxed LTC to NER. It appeared that his query had a stress on permissibility of special LTC to NER against the 2 year block of 2010-11 when he already visited NE during the last 4 year block.

Now it is for Mr. Ramasamy to recapitulate what his query was and confirm whether he could pick out answer to his query.
    Last edited by tvenkatam; 28-12-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Dear Venkatam Sir,
    Thank you very much for the detailed and accurate reply.
    regards from
    svsankar

Sir,
    In the NE concession nowhere it is mentioned that a Government Servant can avail NE concession only once .Please clarify me whether I can avail NE concession again to some other place i.e. Gangatak with air facility.

I am not entitled for air travel. I enjoyed the air facility on NE concession only as I am a Group B employee. I availed NE concession to Shillong with 2006-09 (4 year block). So I want to know why I can't avail NE concession to some other place i.e. Gangatak by converting my HTC 2010-11. Because no where it is mentioned that Goverment servant can avail only once the NE concession.

Dear friend,
    Every employee is eligible for conversion of ONE block of home town LTC into LTC for destinations in NER and the concession can be availed during the period between 02.05.2008 and 01.05.2010 in terms of DOPT, OM No. 31011/4/2007-Estt.(A) dated 02.05.2008. The Group-B employees can avail airfare from their place of posting to a city in NER.
    Your NE Concession to Shillong by air was deemed to have been availed by surrendering one of the home town LTC for the block 2008-09. The special concession extended vide order of 02.05.2008 stands already utilized by you.

Dear Friend,
    I visited Shillong not using Home Town LTC. I used only four year block i.e. 2006-09. Can I not avail again NE concession to go to Gangatak by converting Home Town LTC for the block year 2010-11?

Dear Friend,
    I visited Shillong not using Home Town LTC. I used only four year block i.e. 2006-09. Can I not avail again NE concession to go to Gangatak by converting Home Town LTC for the block year 2010-11?
    Dear Mr. Ramasamy,

If you had visited Shillong (which is not your home town) utilizing 4 year block of 2006-09, your claim would have been allowed by limiting the fare to the entitled class of journey only. You have admitted that you are not entitled for air journey. You have also stated that you availed the NE concession of air journey for the visit of Shillong from Delhi. These being the facts, you could have availed the NE concession only in lieu of a 2 year block, naturally 2008-09. In your application you might have quoted the 4 year block of 2006-09 at the time of availing the facility but your office must have admitted the facility only against the 2 year block of 2008-09 (because the 4 year block is admissible only in lieu of an un availed 2 year block) in terms of the order dated May 02, 2008, enabling you to travel by air.

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

Default LTC to Northeast by Air - Cut off date

Anyone please clarify this.
    The cut off date 1.5.2010 mentioned is the date on or before which outward journey should commence. Is this correct? Or one should complete the journey (to and fro) to northeast and to the station of work on or before 1.5.2010. Pl. clarify.
    Ramnath

Quote Originally Posted by Ramnath View Post
    Anyone please clarify this.
    The cut off date 1.5.2010 mentioned is the date on or before which outward journey should commence. Is this correct? Or one should complete the journey (to and fro) to northeast and to the station of work on or before 1.5.2010. Pl. clarify.
    Ramnath
    Dear Friend,

Yes. The onward journey must commence on or before the date of 01.05.2010 unless the concession is extended further.

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

Thank you sir for your kind reply.
    Ramnath

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast