+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fixation of pay

  1. #1
    Member abhijitdas_rlikol is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default Fixation of pay

    I am posted as Stenographer Gr. III (Rs.4000-100-6000/-) in the field office since 25-06-1996 and got 1st ACP Scheme (of August, 1999) after completion of 12 years continuous service on 25-06-2008 in my promotional grade in the Pay in Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- w.e.f. 25-08-2008 (pre-revised scale Rs.5000-150-8000/-) before introduction of MACPS

    I have already given an option under FR 22(I)(a)(1) to get pay fixed in the higher post from date of increment as per Ministry of Finance Office Memorandum F. No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 13-09-2008 on 19-02-2009.

    The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel Training) Office Memorandum No. 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19-05-2009 in respect of MACP Scheme for Central Government Civilian Employees who have been granted financial upgradation under ACP Scheme between 01-01-2006 and 31-08-2008 can give an option under Para 6 of Annexure.

    Further, I do also hereby exercise my option for fixation of pay and Grade Pay for ACP upgradations under Para 6.1.b. (w.e.f. the date of his financial upgradation under ACP with reference to the pre-revised scale granted under ACP i.e. 25-06-2008) of Annexure of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel Training) Office Memorandum No. 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19-05-2009 in respect of MACPS for Central Government Civilian Employees on 03-08-2009.

    My pay was
    01.01.2006 = Rs. 4900
    01.06.2006 = Rs. 5000
    01.06.2007 = Rs. 5100
    01.06.2008 = Rs. 5200 + Rs. 100 Notional Increment

    Now office fixed Rs. 5450 in pre-revised scale (Rs. 5000-150-8000)

    my pay was fixed on 25-06.2008 = Rs. 10140 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-
    01.07.2009= Rs. 10570 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- in revised CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 and the next date of increment will be 01-07-2010.

    I shall be grateful if you kindly reply is the office correct my fixation? Is not correct what will be my pay as on 01-07-2008.

    Am I benefited taken into account while computing the pay band and the table in Pay band for merged pay scales?

    Is am I benefited the decision of anomaly committee?

  2. #2
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitdas_rlikol View Post
    I am posted as Stenographer Gr. III (Rs.4000-100-6000/-) in the field office since 25-06-1996 and got 1st ACP Scheme (of August, 1999) after completion of 12 years continuous service on 25-06-2008 in my promotional grade in the Pay in Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- w.e.f. 25-08-2008 (pre-revised scale Rs.5000-150-8000/-) before introduction of MACPS

    I have already given an option under FR 22(I)(a)(1) to get pay fixed in the higher post from date of increment as per Ministry of Finance Office Memorandum F. No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 13-09-2008 on 19-02-2009.

    The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel Training) Office Memorandum No. 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19-05-2009 in respect of MACP Scheme for Central Government Civilian Employees who have been granted financial upgradation under ACP Scheme between 01-01-2006 and 31-08-2008 can give an option under Para 6 of Annexure.

    Further, I do also hereby exercise my option for fixation of pay and Grade Pay for ACP upgradations under Para 6.1.b. (w.e.f. the date of his financial upgradation under ACP with reference to the pre-revised scale granted under ACP i.e. 25-06-2008) of Annexure of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel Training) Office Memorandum No. 35034/3/2008-Estt. (D) dated 19-05-2009 in respect of MACPS for Central Government Civilian Employees on 03-08-2009.

    My pay was
    01.01.2006 = Rs. 4900
    01.06.2006 = Rs. 5000
    01.06.2007 = Rs. 5100
    01.06.2008 = Rs. 5200 + Rs. 100 Notional Increment

    Now office fixed Rs. 5450 in pre-revised scale (Rs. 5000-150-8000)

    my pay was fixed on 25-06.2008 = Rs. 10140 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-
    01.07.2009= Rs. 10570 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- in revised CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 and the next date of increment will be 01-07-2010.

    I shall be grateful if you kindly reply is the office correct my fixation? Is not correct what will be my pay as on 01-07-2008.

    Am I benefited taken into account while computing the pay band and the table in Pay band for merged pay scales?

    Is am I benefited the decision of anomaly committee?
    Dear Friend,

    Pay as on 01.01.2006 4900 in 4000-6000; upgradation granted under ACPS of August 1999 on 25.06.2008 in the scale of 5000-8000.

    As per option 6.1 (a) of MACPS of May 2009.
    Pay to be fixed in the revised pay structure w.e.f. 01.01.2006 in PB-1

    01.01.2006 - 9120 + 2400 = 11520
    01.07.2006 - No increment as DNI in revised pay is 01.07.2007
    01.07.2007 - 9470 + 2400 = 11870
    25.06.2008 - 9470 + 4200 = 13670 (pay fixation from DNI)
    01.07.2008 - 10200 + 4200 = 14400 (pay fixed in PB-2 with 2 increments)
    01.07.2009 - 10640 + 4200 = 14840

    As per option 6.1 (b) of MACPS of May 2009.
    Pay to be drawn in the old pay structure till 24.06.2008 and fixation in the revised pay structure w.e.f. 25.06.2008 in PB-2

    25.06.2008 - 5450 in 5000-8000 in old pay structure
    25.06.2008 - 10140 + 4200 = 14340 in PB-2
    01.07.2008 - No increment as DNI is 01.07.2009
    01.07.2009 - 10570 + 4200 = 14770
    Loss of pay arrears 2400*30 = 72000 (approx.)

    What was the logic behind choosing the option 6.1 (b) ?

  3. #3
    Member abhijitdas_rlikol is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default Option for MACPs under para 6.1.a or b

    I am Stenographer Gr. III (Rs.4000-100-6000/-) in the field office since 25-06-1996 and got 1st ACP Scheme (of August, 1999) after completion of 12 years continuous service on 25-06-2008 in my promotional grade in the Pay in Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- w.e.f. 25-08-2008 (pre-revised scale Rs.5000-150-8000/-) before introduction of MACPS

    As per new CCS Revised Pay Rules if I opt as per MACPS under para 6.1.a PAO will be fixed my G. P. Rs. 2800/- no my promotional channel i.e. the next higher G. P. and no arrears will be required to refund. But I chose option 6.1.b. PAO agreed with the G. P. Rs. 4200/- and I will loose areas. I want to get G. P. Rs. 4200/- and my next MACPS will be 25-06-2016.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abhijitdas_rlikol View Post
    I am Stenographer Gr. III (Rs.4000-100-6000/-) in the field office since 25-06-1996 and got 1st ACP Scheme (of August, 1999) after completion of 12 years continuous service on 25-06-2008 in my promotional grade in the Pay in Pay Band Rs. 9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- w.e.f. 25-08-2008 (pre-revised scale Rs.5000-150-8000/-) before introduction of MACPS

    As per new CCS Revised Pay Rules if I opt as per MACPS under para 6.1.a PAO will be fixed my G. P. Rs. 2800/- no my promotional channel i.e. the next higher G. P. and no arrears will be required to refund. But I chose option 6.1.b. PAO agreed with the G. P. Rs. 4200/- and I will loose areas. I want to get G. P. Rs. 4200/- and my next MACPS will be 25-06-2016.
    Dear Friend,

    As I had already detailed out (in the previous post above) the fixation of pay in your case under both the options of 6.1(a) and 6.1(b) you stand to gain only by the option 6.1(a) in which case your basic pay will be 14400 as on 01.07.2008 as against 14340 on the same date as per option 6.1(b). You will also loose the arrears of pay significantly.

    The contention of your PAO that you would get a GP of only 2800 under option 6.1(a) is not correct. You may represent.

    Your next MACP upgradation will be due only on 25.06.2016 under either options.

  5. #5
    Junior Member nps is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvenkatam View Post
    Dear Friend,

    Pay as on 01.01.2006 4900 in 4000-6000; upgradation granted under ACPS of August 1999 on 25.06.2008 in the scale of 5000-8000.

    As per option 6.1 (a) of MACPS of May 2009.
    Pay to be fixed in the revised pay structure w.e.f. 01.01.2006 in PB-1

    01.01.2006 - 9120 + 2400 = 11520
    01.07.2006 - No increment as DNI in revised pay is 01.07.2007
    01.07.2007 - 9470 + 2400 = 11870
    25.06.2008 - 9470 + 4200 = 13670 (pay fixation from DNI)
    01.07.2008 - 10200 + 4200 = 14400 (pay fixed in PB-2 with 2 increments)
    01.07.2009 - 10640 + 4200 = 14840

    As per option 6.1 (b) of MACPS of May 2009.
    Pay to be drawn in the old pay structure till 24.06.2008 and fixation in the revised pay structure w.e.f. 25.06.2008 in PB-2

    25.06.2008 - 5450 in 5000-8000 in old pay structure
    25.06.2008 - 10140 + 4200 = 14340 in PB-2
    01.07.2008 - No increment as DNI is 01.07.2009
    01.07.2009 - 10570 + 4200 = 14770
    Loss of pay arrears 2400*30 = 72000 (approx.)

    What was the logic behind choosing the option 6.1 (b) ?
    Sir,

    Under option 6.1 (a), the employee is eligible to get the increment of 3% on 1-7-06. The Pay on 1-7-08 will be much higher than 14400/-!

    nps

  6. #6
    Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nps View Post
    Sir,

    Under option 6.1 (a), the employee is eligible to get the increment of 3% on 1-7-06. The Pay on 1-7-08 will be much higher than 14400/-!

    nps
    Dear Friend,

    I admit the mistake. His pay as on 01.07.2008 should have been 10580 + 4200 = 14780 after allowing increment in July 2006.

    Thanks for pointing out.
    Last edited by tvenkatam; 19-12-2009 at 07:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts