PDA

View Full Version : LTC to NER

SUMIT KUMAR
15-12-2009, 09:32 AM
I need a small clarification.

For a visit to Gangtok(NER) no LTC 80 tickets were available. The posted fare for LTC 80 from Delhi to Bagdogra was higher than private airlines. What happens is journey is made in private airlines.

(a) Does LTC claim become inadmissible
(b) Shall LTC claim be restricted to the admissible class by Train to New Jalpaiguri and then by entitled class by Road.
(c) Shall LTC claim be paid. And if so what are the formalities to be followed.

ramanrao60
15-12-2009, 01:27 PM
presuming you are eligible to travel by air,the journey undertaken by private airline makes ltc claim inadmissible in toto

svsankar
15-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I need a small clarification.

For a visit to Gangtok(NER) no LTC 80 tickets were available. The posted fare for LTC 80 from Delhi to Bagdogra was higher than private airlines. What happens is journey is made in private airlines.

(a) Does LTC claim become inadmissible
(b) Shall LTC claim be restricted to the admissible class by Train to New Jalpaiguri and then by entitled class by Road.
(c) Shall LTC claim be paid. And if so what are the formalities to be followed.

To get the reimbursement you have to seek sanction of ministry of civil aviation first.

SUMIT KUMAR
16-12-2009, 09:17 AM
what are the formalities and procedures to get the approval of Min of Civil Aviation.

haringp
16-12-2009, 11:22 AM
are you planning, or LTC completed .?
it is advicable to go by AI. Even if you don't get LTC80 ticket, your fare shall be restrited to LTC80 fare.
in case you travel by PVt airlines, you shall get Nil for air travel.
DGCA permission is required only when there is no AI conectivity.
in this case there is AI connectivity of bagdogra with rest of country form Delhi and kolkata.

SUMIT KUMAR
16-12-2009, 12:47 PM
i am intrigued by the fact, that the DGCA sanction is a precondition which does not speak of connectivity but only of operation and availability. What happens if no tickets whether LTC 80 or other is available on Indian Airlines.

ramanrao60
16-12-2009, 01:05 PM
if tickets are not available for a particular date then i am afraid you have to choose another date as ltc is primarily based on individuals choice reg timing etc and cannot be viewed like tours which are undertaken for official work

haringp
16-12-2009, 01:19 PM
i am intrigued by the fact, that the DGCA sanction is a precondition which does not speak of connectivity but only of operation and availability. What happens if no tickets whether LTC 80 or other is available on Indian Airlines.

it is agreed that lack of availability is a genuine reason specially by AI when there are so limited flights and in view of LTC rush in peak season such as Dec and summer.
you may try for approval from DGCA through proper channel.
I hope your tour plan is pending for want of approval.
because there is no point in completing tour in pvt airlines and getting a rejection/no reply from DGCA.

svsankar
17-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Sir,
Please send your mail id to my email address [email protected] I shall forward to you the person to be contacted in DGCA for sanction.