PDA

View Full Version : advance increments can be granted to the Stenographers (Ordinary Grade) in Subordinat

abhijitdas_rlikol
14-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I have been appointed for the post of Stenographer Gr. III at Regional Labour Institute, Kolkata, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India in Subordinate Office of Directorate General Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India through Staff Selection Commission on 25-06-1996. Staff Selection Commission conducts skill test for the post of Stenographer Gr. III at the speed of 80 words per minute (w.p.m.).

Since my joining at this office, I have been performing my duties, which include taking dictation from the officers in shorthand & its transcription in the letters, Office Orders, Office Circular, Office Memorandum, Notes, Notice etc. in the best possible and satisfactorily to the officers regularly. Apart from the normal duties, I do also to take dictation in shorthand at the seminars, workshops, meetings and prepare the proceeding of the minutes of the meeting, seminars, workshops etc. conducted or organized by the RLI, Kolakta. In the aforesaid work, it is required to take dictation in shorthand at the speed of 100 and 120 wpm. With the working experience and knowledge, I am capable to take dictation in shorthand at 100 & 120 wpm.

Your kind attention is invited to the Department of Personnel & Training, Estt. (Pay I) Section, Office Memorandum No. 18/44/88-Estt. (Pay) I dated 07-12-2009 wherein it is said that the advance increments can be granted to the Stenographers (Ordinary Grade) in Subordinate Offices for acquiring higher speed in shorthand.

You are requested to kindly reply me how I should claim advance increments for acquiring higher speed in shorthand.

tvenkatam
14-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I have been appointed for the post of Stenographer Gr. III at Regional Labour Institute, Kolkata, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India in Subordinate Office of Directorate General Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India through Staff Selection Commission on 25-06-1996. Staff Selection Commission conducts skill test for the post of Stenographer Gr. III at the speed of 80 words per minute (w.p.m.).

Since my joining at this office, I have been performing my duties, which include taking dictation from the officers in shorthand & its transcription in the letters, Office Orders, Office Circular, Office Memorandum, Notes, Notice etc. in the best possible and satisfactorily to the officers regularly. Apart from the normal duties, I do also to take dictation in shorthand at the seminars, workshops, meetings and prepare the proceeding of the minutes of the meeting, seminars, workshops etc. conducted or organized by the RLI, Kolakta. In the aforesaid work, it is required to take dictation in shorthand at the speed of 100 and 120 wpm. With the working experience and knowledge, I am capable to take dictation in shorthand at 100 & 120 wpm.

Your kind attention is invited to the Department of Personnel & Training, Estt. (Pay I) Section, Office Memorandum No. 18/44/88-Estt. (Pay) I dated 07-12-2009 wherein it is said that the advance increments can be granted to the Stenographers (Ordinary Grade) in Subordinate Offices for acquiring higher speed in shorthand.

You are requested to kindly reply me how I should claim advance increments for acquiring higher speed in shorthand.

Dear friend,

The O.M. of December 07, 2009 under your reference relates to acceptance of award of Board of Arbitration on advance increments already granted to Stenographers of sub-ordinate service in terms of O.M. of Ministry of Finance dated 04.10.1975. G.I. decision No. 73 below FR 22 provides for grant of advance increments to Stenographers

svsankar
19-12-2009, 01:08 PM
The RR prescribes certain speed in stenography for stenographer D or III, if you acquire higher speed after appointment i.e., to be certified as passed higher speed by recognised institutions, you will be eligible for these advance increments. You will not get it just by being able to take a dictation at higher speed. This will be granted in accordance with OM mentioned by the senior member.
By the present order the advance increments shall be treated as pay for all purposes viz. for DA, HRA, and pay fixation on promotion.
On acquiring higher speed the advance increments shall be sanctioned by your HOD after production of certificates from your side.

meetmala
20-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Kindly appraise me as to how advance increments are calculated as per the OM dated 7.12.2009. Has any Stenographer working in any of the Departments got the hike after this OM. Please post sample calculation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Meetmala