PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card charges on train tickets are admissible under TA?

jignesh
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Dear Members,
My query is if any govt. servant book online a train ticket through irctc and paid the amout through credit card then the charges levied by credit card bank is admissible for TA claim on official tour? What about LTC claim also.

tvenkatam
04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Dear Members,
My query is if any govt. servant book online a train ticket through irctc and paid the amout through credit card then the charges levied by credit card bank is admissible for TA claim on official tour? What about LTC claim also.

Dear Friend,

The service charge levied by IRCTC is reimbursable on all online bookings eligible for TA Claims including LTC. The Credit card charges are not admissible.

jignesh
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Dear Friend,

The service charge levied by IRCTC is reimbursable on all online bookings eligible for TA Claims including LTC. The Credit card charges are not admissible.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for reply. I am grateful to you if you give me any authority or circular link.

-JIGNESH

tvenkatam
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Dear Friend,

Thanks for reply. I am grateful to you if you give me any authority or circular link.

-JIGNESH

Dear Mr. Jignesh,

Please visit the following link for the orders.
http://www.finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/dept_expenditure/notofication/internet-booking.pdf

badri mannargudi
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Dear Friend,

-JIGNESH

Dear Friend,
Dear friend (who sought to know the authority )

OM No.19023/1/2006 E IV dated 25.01.2006, issued by the Expenditure Deparatment is theA uthority you are looking for, in my view.
(Go to Finmin, expenditure dept web site, you would find copy of the letter.
(Ofcourse the charges are reimbursible only if journey is undertaken).
With regards,
Badri

madhavan73
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I think our respecful senior member Shri. Badri ji mis-typed the date of the order as 25-01-2006 instead of 25-10-2006

-- Madhavan