PDA

View Full Version : IT Relief is eligible to me?

venkeesai
21-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Hai to All

I have some questions on IT Relief pls clarify me

1) I have already got 40% 6thCPC arrear last (AY09-10). So my Tax on total income exceeded Rs.1,50,000/- and my Tax amount Deducted through Bank.

Now my Question is Now I Got only 30% arrear in this (AY10-11) the remaining 30% will be given after feb10 or before feb 10 as per our UT.of puducherry Govt. orders. hence how i calculate my Tax (i.e) adding 30% or 60%? then how will I get Tax relief.

2) If a person already paid tax without spliting his arrrears (using Form 10E) last Assessment year (09-10) then is he eligible for using 10E for this (AY10-11)?

3) If a person already got tax relief with spliting his arrrears (using Form 10E) last Assessment year (09-10) then is he eligible for using 10E for this (AY10-11) also?

please give me suggestions with necessary instructions.

thanks in advance
Venkeesai
Karaikal.Puducherry:confused:

svsankar
24-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Hai to All

I have some questions on IT Relief pls clarify me

1) I have already got 40% 6thCPC arrear last (AY09-10). So my Tax on total income exceeded Rs.1,50,000/- and my Tax amount Deducted through Bank.

Now my Question is Now I Got only 30% arrear in this (AY10-11) the remaining 30% will be given after feb10 or before feb 10 as per our UT.of puducherry Govt. orders. hence how i calculate my Tax (i.e) adding 30% or 60%? then how will I get Tax relief.

2) If a person already paid tax without spliting his arrrears (using Form 10E) last Assessment year (09-10) then is he eligible for using 10E for this (AY10-11)?

3) If a person already got tax relief with spliting his arrrears (using Form 10E) last Assessment year (09-10) then is he eligible for using 10E for this (AY10-11) also?

please give me suggestions with necessary instructions.

thanks in advance
Venkeesai
Karaikal.Puducherry:confused:

Dear Member,
You are eligible for tax relief only for the amount of arrears i.e., 60% received in the present financial year. If you have not claimed relief in last year you cannot claim it now. The income for that year will be normal income + arrears 40%.
At any cost you are eligible for using form 10 E. But the amount to mentioned for the AY 2009-10 shall differ as explained above.

venkeesai
29-11-2009, 04:16 PM
thank u shankar.

but in our Gconnect.in website online relief for IT form shows both 40% and 60% arrears to generate form 10E.

Then how can I accept Ur answer? (i.e.: in that calculator if u already got relief in 40% please tick YES) and also 60% ARREAR. SO i really confused to accept it.

pls, clarify it

Regards, sai

svsankar
29-11-2009, 06:48 PM
thank u shankar.

but in our Gconnect.in website online relief for IT form shows both 40% and 60% arrears to generate form 10E.

Then how can I accept Ur answer? (i.e.: in that calculator if u already got relief in 40% please tick YES) and also 60% ARREAR. SO i really confused to accept it.

pls, clarify it

Regards, sai

Sorry friend I have not gone through the calculator. But I stand by my clarification. 40% becomes income for the previous year you cannot claim relief for the same in the year 2009-2010. I think the administrator should be able to throw some light on use/meaning of the calculator. Some senior members should be able to help you on that. You can send a email to the administrator also. If possible I shall go through the calculator and come back again if nobody else replied. In case of doubt you can always call upon the IT Officer of your ward/circle and get it clarified on the subject.

svsankar
29-11-2009, 08:45 PM
further to my last post I have gone through the calculator. The calculator is in order and as defined by me earlier. There should not be any doubt on it. The tick will add the 40% arrear to the taxable income of the relevant year without including the 60% arrears. Please study it well. You are gifted by the calculator. In fact all the members are gifted by it.

jayakumarbalaji
02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
For the both questions, the answer is YES. To get complete details with calculation, please mail to : [email protected] who are giving income tax tips and solutions for the registered members.