PDA

View Full Version : 60% Arrears - Unique Problem

pkkanwal
13-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I was officiating the post of PPS in the scale of 10,000-15200 from November 2005 in an autonomous body. In Sept. 2007, I went on deputation with MHA on the same scale with deputation allowance. I returned to my parent office on 23 July 2008 and I was reverted back to my original post of PS in the scale of 6500-10500/- from 23 July 2008. I have got my 40% arrars for the period I was in MHA from the MHA without any problem. At the time of 60% arrears, I was told by the MHA that I will not get deputation allowance (recovery of deputation allowance), as I was holding an officiating post and not a regular post. Is MHA doing as per rules? I request Gconnect members to help me in this regard. Thanking you.

svsankar
13-11-2009, 07:37 PM
do you mean by officiating that you were holding the post of PPS on adhoc basis. Whatsoever it may be if you move on deputation you should either get deputation allowance or fixation of pay. Were you entitled for PPS deputation if not for your officiating in the post of PPS on adhoc basis. Your exact date of revertion in your parent cadre should also be relevant. i.e, you can get deputation allowance upto that date and deputation allowance thereafter till revertion there should not be anything contrary.

pkkanwal
16-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your reply. I was on deputation with MHA upto 23.7.2008 and on my joining back to my parent office on the same date (23.7.2008) I was revereted back to my original post.

tvenkatam
17-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Dear Mr. Kanwal,

Presuming that you were officiating on ad-hoc basis in a post carrying the same pay scale as that of the deputation post, your option to draw the pay attached to the deputation post on deputation will not entail you to draw deputation duty allowance as well. However, as PPS had you been part of the personal staff of Ministers, you are entitled to draw deputation duty allowance in addition to the pay in the scale of pay attached to the deputation post.

pkkanwal
18-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Dear Shri Venkatam

Thanx for your reply. Yes I was (personal staff) PPS to Member (Minister of State Rank) in deputation. But MHA's objection is my post was officiating (ad hoc) in 10,000-15200 scale and that is why I am not entitled for deputation allowance. Here I would also like to inform you that my post as PS was regular in my parent office. Is there any rule that a PPS attached to Member (Minister of State) is entitled for deputation allowance, if he was on ad hoc (officiating post) in his parent office? Please help me.

tvenkatam
18-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Dear Shri Venkatam

Thanx for your reply. Yes I was (personal staff) PPS to Member (Minister of State Rank) in deputation. But MHA's objection is my post was officiating (ad hoc) in 10,000-15200 scale and that is why I am not entitled for deputation allowance. Here I would also like to inform you that my post as PS was regular in my parent office. Is there any rule that a PPS attached to Member (Minister of State) is entitled for deputation allowance, if he was on ad hoc (officiating post) in his parent office? Please help me.

Dear Mr. Kanwal,

The following link is the order relating to deputation duty allowance payable to officers of autonomous bodies on deputation to personal staff of Ministers:

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/2_23_2008-Estt.(Pay-II).pdf

I am afraid if this order would equally apply to personal staff of "Minister’s rank/equivalent".