PDA

View Full Version : Can HRA be denyed?

Arvind Hiwale
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Is there any rule in any Central/State Govt. rule
that HRA will not be given if Govt quarters are vacant?
Either take quarters Or HRA will not be given!

naukar
09-11-2009, 08:00 AM
For State Govt. no idea.

For CG Employees HRA is drawn based upon 'non-availability of govt. accommodation' certificate issued by Estate or appropriate office.

tvenkatam
09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

Dear Friend,

An accommodation allotted by Estates Officer based on one’s application if not occupied or refused possession for any reason and the accommodation consequently remains vacant, then the applicant will not be eligible for drawal of HRA as long as the accommodation remains vacant.

Arvind Hiwale
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I have my own home, but office is insisting to all employees to take Govt. quarter. and HRA is not been given to anybody.There are only 45/50 quarters available, that too they are not of good condition.
Is it possible I can get HRA?

badri mannargudi
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
I have my own home, but office is insisting to all employees to take Govt. quarter. and HRA is not been given to anybody.There are only 45/50 quarters available, that too they are not of good condition.
Dear friend,
If you have your own home(residence) at the place of posting the department shall have no right to ask you to take Quarters (unless you have applied for one). Nor can they deny HRA to you as the same is admissible by all means under the existing Rules.

Badri

svsankar
11-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Yes HRA can be denied if the estate officer feels that there are quarters lying vacant and no willing takers, by not issuing No Accommodation Certificate. HRA can be drawn only after production of NAC from the estate officer. If you do not apply for quarter, you will not get NAC and your HRA cannot be drawn. However the estate officer can explore options of allotting to other central government establishments no rule is available it is Head of Department discretion.

gayakan
12-11-2009, 11:36 AM

Actually the Government has adopted a deliberate policy to encourage their employees to own their house. HRA is provided to repay the loan for possessing their own house. In that view, the employees cannot be forced to occupy the Government Quarter even if it is kept vacantand House Rent Allowance (HRA) cannot be denied on account of availability of surplus accommodation.

You may refer to Swamys News June 2009 ,Case section, in this regard.