PDA

View Full Version : casual leave

Dr Girish Singh
07-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Dear Sir,
(1) I am planning to go out of station on Thursday 24-12-2009 morning and coming back on Sunday 27-12-2009 evening.

(2) 24-12-2009 is a Restricted Holiday then 25-12-2009 is a Holiday and 27-12-2009 is Sunday.

(3) Can I take Restricted Holiday on 24-12-09 and Casual Leave (CL) on 26-12-2009 (25-12 being Holiday and 27-12 Sunday).

(4) Whether I should apply separately for R. H. and C.L.

Thanking you
Girish Singh
e-mail [email protected]

venkatcustoms
07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Dear Sir,

You can apply for RH and CL in a single leave letter.

RH can be prefixed/suffixed with holidays, CL and EL's

But in our State, Tamil Nadu, 28.12.09 is also a closed holiday, ie for Moharam

Dr Girish Singh
07-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you for your quick response.

We also have holiday on 28-12-2009 on account of Moharrum.

So again, can one take Day1 - RH, Day2 - HOLIDAY, Day3 - CL and
Day4 - Sunday

Can I write leave application in the following manner:(Kindly modify as you think)

To
--------
--------
Subject: Application for RH on 24-12-09 and CL on 26-12-09
Sir,
Respectfully, this is to inform you that for some personal work I shall be going ------- on 24-12-09 morning and come back on 27-12-2009. Therefore, I request you to grant Restricted Holiday on 24-12-09 and Casual Leave on 26-12-09 (25th Dec. being Holiday and 27th Dec. is Sunday) with permission to leave station.
Thanking you
Yours faithfully
------------
------------

badri mannargudi
09-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Dear friend,
While acknowledging the fact that there is no format prescribed by Govt/Respective department, I am surprised at the/your need for expecting external help in writing a Casual Leave Letter, albeit, the letter would be combining Restricted Holiday and a couple of declared holidays apartfrom a Saturday and Sunday.

Be that as it may, first you would do well to understand that Restricted Holiday is not at all leave sought, but you would be telling your immediate higher authority (or who is competent to sanction any r kind of Regular leave and casual leave) that you would be availing Restricted Holiday. Two such RHs are permitted and no formal sanction is required (save when leaving HQ is involved). In other words, RH Application can not be rejected.

Generally, CL and RH application may not require mention of Subject.
In a given situation like the one you have mentioned my leave Application would run as follows;-

-------------------------------------------------------
Surat,
To
Commissioner(Appeals),
Surat II.
Respected Sir,
As I have to go to my native place, I request I may kindly be permitted to avail myself of Restricted Holiday on 24.12.2009, and I may be granted Casual Leave of one day for Tuesday, the 29th of December 2009, with permission for me to leave H.Qrs in the evening of 23.12.2009 and to be be away from H.Quarters till the evening of 29th instant.
yours faithfully,

Badri Narayanan.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My dear friend may kindly note a couple of points here;-
(i) Even there is nothing wrong in submitting Leave Application more than one month in advance, it is advisable to wait till a week before your intended date of leaving. (Exception: when you have to apply for advance or you have to reserve journey etc.)
(ii) Casual leave does not qualify to be called Regular leave. It is only a concession that allows you leave of absence. That is why, you need not hand over charge to any other officer; nor is it necessary to ask somebody else to your seat as additional charge.

(iii) RH has all the trappings of a closed Holiday with the sole difference that the office would function and you would be enjoying A PAID HOLIDAY. That is why, I said no leave of absence is required in the case of RH and you would be only conveying the fact that you would be availing yourself of RH.

badri mannargudi
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Dear friend,
While acknowledging the fact that there is no format prescribed by Govt/Respective department, I am surprised at the/your need for expecting external help in writing a Casual Leave Letter, albeit, the letter would be combining Restricted Holiday and a couple of declared holidays apartfrom a Saturday and Sunday.

Be that as it may, first you would do well to understand that Restricted Holiday is not at all leave sought, but you would be telling your immediate higher authority (or who is competent to sanction any r kind of Regular leave and casual leave) that you would be availing Restricted Holiday. Two such RHs are permitted and no formal sanction is required (save when leaving HQ is involved). In other words, RH Application can not be rejected.

Generally, CL and RH application may not require mention of Subject.
In a given situation like the one you have mentioned my leave Application would run as follows;-

-------------------------------------------------------
Surat,
To
Commissioner(Appeals),
Surat II.
Respected Sir,
As I have to go to my native place, I request I may kindly be permitted to avail myself of Restricted Holiday on 24.12.2009, and I may be granted Casual Leave of one day for Tuesday, the 29th of December 2009, with permission for me to leave H.Qrs in the evening of 23.12.2009 and to be be away from H.Quarters till the evening of 29th instant.
yours faithfully,

Badri Narayanan.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My dear friend may kindly note a couple of points here;-
(i) Even there is nothing wrong in submitting Leave Application more than one month in advance, it is advisable to wait till a week before your intended date of leaving. (Exception: when you have to apply for advance or you have to reserve journey etc.)
(ii) Casual leave does not qualify to be called Regular leave. It is only a concession that allows you leave of absence. That is why, you need not hand over charge to any other officer; nor is it necessary to ask somebody else to your seat as additional charge.

(iii) RH has all the trappings of a closed Holiday with the sole difference that the office would function and you would be enjoying A PAID HOLIDAY. That is why, I said no leave of absence is required in the case of RH and you would be only conveying the fact that you would be availing yourself of RH.

With regards,
Badri