PDA

View Full Version : Medical claim of my parents

anemployee
29-10-2009, 11:53 AM
friends

I am right now a bachelor and working as Assistant in Autonomous Body of Govt. of india. In my family i hav Mother, Father and elder brother age around 40. My father is a retired employee of UP state Govt. right now he is drawing a sum of Rs. 8000/- approx as Pension. Whether i can include him in CGHS beneficiaries. Can i claim medical expenses on my parents. What about my brother also?

Hoping for clear replies and if any circular please refer.

Thanks

ram
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Your question is good one as there is an amendment in the recent pay commission implementation as far as definition of dependent family members is concerned. This is the exact wording given in official CGHS site

"DEFINITION OF FAMILY

In accordance with the initial instructions, the term of Family for the purposes of the Scheme shall consist of the Government servant's wife or husband, as the case may be children and stepchildren and parents who are mainly dependent on and residing with the Government servant concerned. Subsequently in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, it has been decided that for availing the medical facilities under the scheme, parents, sisters,. widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and children will be deemed dependent on the Government employee if they are residing- with him and their income from all sources including pension and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 3500 +DA per month."

Please go through the said site for more details

http://mohfw.nic.in/cghsnew/index1.asp?linkid=8&langid=1

anemployee
09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Your question is good one as there is an amendment in the recent pay commission implementation as far as definition of dependent family members is concerned. This is the exact wording given in official CGHS site

"DEFINITION OF FAMILY

In accordance with the initial instructions, the term of Family for the purposes of the Scheme shall consist of the Government servant's wife or husband, as the case may be children and stepchildren and parents who are mainly dependent on and residing with the Government servant concerned. Subsequently in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, it has been decided that for availing the medical facilities under the scheme, parents, sisters,. widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and children will be deemed dependent on the Government employee if they are residing- with him and their income from all sources including pension and pension equivalent of DCRG benefit is less than Rs. 3500 +DA per month."

Please go through the said site for more details

http://mohfw.nic.in/cghsnew/index1.asp?linkid=8&langid=1

Thank You Ram ji...
it means in my case my parents are not eligible for CGHS facility and also LTC as my father is drawing Rs. 8000/- as pension which more than Rs. 3500/- the limit prescribed in the above mentioned circular...
Am I right???