PDA

View Full Version : Acp

gayakan
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
An employee of our office is due for IInd ACP on 25.10.07 as he has completed 24 Years of service. During 2005 he has refused regular promotion and hence debarred from further promotion for 1 year. Since this has consequential effect on ACP also he is eligible for II nd ACP only from 25.10.2008.

The ACP scheme is effective only upto 31.8.08 as the MACP scheme is operational from 1.9.08

From which date the official is eligible for the ACP ?.
From 31.8.08 (upto to which ACP Scheme is operational) or from 25.10.08.

Can anybody clarify, please.

jayakumarbalaji
07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
since the debarred period ends on 24th of October 2008, he will come under MACP only.

svsankar
07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
An employee of our office is due for IInd ACP on 25.10.07 as he has completed 24 Years of service. During 2005 he has refused regular promotion and hence debarred from further promotion for 1 year. Since this has consequential effect on ACP also he is eligible for II nd ACP only from 25.10.2008.

The ACP scheme is effective only upto 31.8.08 as the MACP scheme is operational from 1.9.08

From which date the official is eligible for the ACP ?.
From 31.8.08 (upto to which ACP Scheme is operational) or from 25.10.08.

Can anybody clarify, please.

The employee should have been appointed on 25-10-1983 and is due for 2nd MACP from 25-10-2003 prior to his being offerred a promotion in 2005 and shall be granted 2nd MACP wef 01-9-2008.

jitendraacr
13-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Dear friends
I have some different view in the matter. ACP/MACP were granted to give the benefit of financial upgradation to those only who has been stagnated in a particular scale for a specific period. If some one was promoted (whether joined or not), it can not be treated as he was stagnating in a particular scale and hence benefit of ACP/MACP can not be given to him. If however someone has got ACP/MACP first and then he is promoted which he denied, benefit of ACP will not be withdrawn. ACP/MACP only be allowed after one accept the promotion and remain in that grade for 10 years. Para 25 of MACPS order may kindly be perused which will clear my point.
Jitendra

svsankar
14-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Dear friends
I have some different view in the matter. ACP/MACP were granted to give the benefit of financial upgradation to those only who has been stagnated in a particular scale for a specific period. If some one was promoted (whether joined or not), it can not be treated as he was stagnating in a particular scale and hence benefit of ACP/MACP can not be given to him. If however someone has got ACP/MACP first and then he is promoted which he denied, benefit of ACP will not be withdrawn. ACP/MACP only be allowed after one accept the promotion and remain in that grade for 10 years. Para 25 of MACPS order may kindly be perused which will clear my point.
Jitendra

Jitender saab is absolutely right to the extant that the employee is not eligible for any ACP/MACP if he refuses promotion before becoming entitled to a financial upgradation". In the instant case the employee has become entitled to 2nd macp w.e.f.25-10-2003 and refused the promotion in 2005 only. So I think 2nd macp should not be postponed and be given w.e.f. 01-9-2008, however 3rd macp should be postponed ie. will be given after 31 years and as many years the promotion is postponed. As far as ACP is concerned he is not entitled for 2nd ACP.

jitendraacr
15-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Dear sankar
First thing, please don't use such heavy words for me. I am also one like u. The speed u are following, u definitely will replace me. Now, I am not denying what you said but the fact is that he was eligible for IInd ACP in 2007 after completing 24 years since the old scheme was in vogue till 31.08.2008 and not in 2003 as per new scheme. Since he refused promotion in 2005 before being eligible for ACP, no benefit will be allowed to him.
Jitendra

svsankar
16-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Dear sankar
First thing, please don't use such heavy words for me. I am also one like u. The speed u are following, u definitely will replace me. Now, I am not denying what you said but the fact is that he was eligible for IInd ACP in 2007 after completing 24 years since the old scheme was in vogue till 31.08.2008 and not in 2003 as per new scheme. Since he refused promotion in 2005 before being eligible for ACP, no benefit will be allowed to him.
Jitendra
Thanks very much sir for your appreciation. We should live along discussing bottlenecks in various points appraising both of our knowledge. The point can be discussed by few more senior members.